Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

[Completed tvN Drama] 'My Mister' - Lee Sun Kyun, IU, Lee Ji Ah, Park Ho San, Song Jae Byuk, Jang Ki Yong, Kwon Nara

My Mister My Ajusshi Lee Sun Kyun Lee Ji Eun IU Park Ho San Song Jae Byuk Jang Ki Yong Kwon Nara tvN

632 replies to this topic

#1 Lilah Lys

Lilah Lys

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:32 AM (Edited by Lilah Lys, 18 May 2018 - 11:06 PM.)

GwVKzb0.png

My Mister

(also known as 'My Ajusshi')

Revised Romanization: Naui Ajussi

Hangul: 나의 아저씨

Director: Kim Won Suk

Writer: Park Hae Young

Network: tvN

Episodes: 16

Release Date: March 21, 2018

Runtime: Wednesday & Thursday 21:30

Language: Korean

Watch with English Subs: DramaFever 

(if you are region locked, PM me for other sites)

ucSlFBL.png

Cast

Main Cast

Lee Sun Kyun as Park Dong Hoon 

Lee Ji Eun (IU) as Lee Ji An 

Dong Hoon's Family

Go Doo Shim as Byun Yo Soon (Dong Hoon's mother) 

Park Ho San as Park Sang Hoon (Dong Hoon's older brother) 

Song Jae Byuk as Park Gi Hoon (Dong Hoon's younger brother) 

Lee Ji Ah as Kang Yoon Hee (Dong Hoon's wife) 

Jung Young Joo as Jo Ae Ryun (Sang Hoon's wife) 

??? as Ji Suk (Dong Hoon and Yoon Hee's son)

Ji An's Family

Son Sook as Bong Ae (Ji An's grandmother)

Other people around Ji An

Jang Ki Yong as Lee Gwang Il 

Ahn Seung Kyoon as Song Ki Bum (Ji An's friend) 

Lee Young Suk as Chun Dae 

People at the company

Kim Young Min as Do Joon Young (CEO) 

Shin Goo as President Jang 

Jun Gook Hwan as Managing Director Wang 

Jung Hae Kyun as Executive Director Park 

Jung Jae Sung as Executive Director Yoon 

Others

Kwon Nara as Choi Yoo Ra 

Park Hae Joon as Gyum Duk (Dong Hoon's friend) 

Oh Na Ra as Jung Hee (Owner of Jung Hee's bar) 

Hong In as Jong Soo (Gwang Il's gang mate)

ucSlFBL.png

Plot

A man (Lee Sun-Kyun) in his 40's withstands the weight of life. A woman (Lee Ji Eun) in her 20's goes through different experiences, but also withstands the weight of her life. The man and woman get together to help each other.

FwfkdHv.png

Park Dong Hoon - Starring Lee Sun Kyun

Park Dong Hoon is the second oldest of the three brothers. He works as an engineer at an architectural firm and always has a safety first approach to life. he is quiet and stoic, but also goes all in for the people he loves.

Lee Ji An - Starring Lee Ji Eun (IU)

Lee Ji An is a girl who puts her whole soul into enduring hardships. Staying with her ill grandmother since the age of 6, she did not have any dreams, plans or hopes and merely worked to pay off her debt, living day to day. Employed as a 3-month contract worker, she is takes with finding out Park Dong Hoon's weaknesses, but ends up learning to trust someone for the first time.

Park Sang Hoon - Starring Park Ho San

Park Sang Hoon is the oldest among the three siblings. He is a middle-aged man who was fired from his job and then ran two failing businesses, which ended up in him being chased out of his own home. Though he has to live under his mother's roof, he's a romanticist at heart who always thinks about ways to find happiness.

Park Ki Hoon - Starring Song Sae Byuk

Park Ki Hoon is the youngest among three siblings. He was once seen as a genius director because an independent film he shot, when he was twenty, was invited to the Cannes Film Festival. However, 20 years have passed since his glory days and he has yet to successfully launch his career as a movie director.

ucSlFBL.png

Preview / Teaser

Version 1
With English Subtitles

Version 2
With English Subtitles

'My Mister' Playlist on Youtube with Episodes Highlights, Episode Previews, Teasers and Interviews

Spoiler

ucSlFBL.png

Posters

DYsXpJ6VMAAOzp1.jpg

DYsXpJsVAAA5kwN.jpg

DYsXpJtUQAAGjVO.jpg

DYsXpJuU8AE_-xl.jpg

0000046075_001_20180321091606773.jpg

ucSlFBL.png

OST

Part 1

Lee Hee Moon (이희문) - That Man (그 사나이)

Part 2

Sondia - Adult (어른)

(MV)

Part 3

Jung Seung Hwan (정승환) - An Ordinary Day (보통의 하루)

(MV)

Part 4

Jehwi (제휘) - Dear Moon

Part 5

Go Woo Rim (고우림) - A Million Roses (백만송이 장미)

Part 6

O.WHEN (오왠) - There's a Rainbow (무지개는 있다) Acoustic ver.

Vincent Blue / Kim Min Seung (김민승) - There's a Rainbow (무지개는 있다) Band ver.

Part 7

Kwak Jin Eon (곽진언) - Reflection in my Mind (내 마음에 비친 내 모습) 

Part 8

Ji Sun (지선) - Forest (숲)

Full OST

ucSlFBL.png

Ratings

LeiHgiL.png

In GREEN the highest rating of 'My Mister'.

In RED the lowest rating for 'My Mister'.

ucSlFBL.png

Sources

'My Mister' Official Site
Asian Wiki - 'My Mister'
@CJnDrama
@4seasonswithIU
@IUteamstarcandy
@IUmushimushi
Nielsen Korea
TNmS Media

#2 HugeBoi Minos Wife

HugeBoi Minos Wife

#EVERYD4Y

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,853 posts
  • Locationstanning legends

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:54 AM

More infos about the drama

About the plot, Lee Sun Gyun, Sang Saebyuk and Oh Dalsu are brothers, Na Moonhee their mom and IU stands among them as the employee

#3 sakura_chan

sakura_chan

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:25 AM

If it is about a family drama, I'm already in love with it coz there's something about it thatalways touch your heart.

Am really excited about this

#4 lavender mint

lavender mint

Cardcaptor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,028 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:26 PM

I just hope this isn't a 50+ episode drama like YTBLSS 

#5 Yknok

Yknok

YKnockenRoll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:51 PM

It will be a 12- or 16- episode drama. It is unlikely that Lee Sunkyun will marry the Klus in the end and at best it will probably end as an open ended ending Given it is a family drama it doesn't look likely that LSK will die in the end now.

#6 HugeBoi Minos Wife

HugeBoi Minos Wife

#EVERYD4Y

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,853 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:14 PM

It will be a 12- or 16- episode drama. It is unlikely that Lee Sunkyun will marry the Klus in the end and at best it will probably end as an open ended ending Given it is a family drama it doesn't look likely that LSK will die in the end now.

I think it will have 16 eps. Mother airing just before is a family drama as well and they got 16 eps so I'm expecting the same for my ajusshi. But I'm screaming at the accuracy of your post tho lmao you're truly IU #1 fan. Hope you will enjoy the drama~~

#7 HugeBoi Minos Wife

HugeBoi Minos Wife

#EVERYD4Y

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,853 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:28 AM (Edited by HugeBoi Minos Wife, 14 November 2017 - 07:31 AM.)

My Ajusshi cast lineup secured with Lee Seon-kyun, IU headlining

Casting has been confirmed for My Ajusshi, the project from Oh Hae-young Again’s writer and Signal’s director that had Lee Seon-kyun (This Week, My Wife Will Have an Affair) attached to it very early on. He has just confirmed, and so has IU (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo) to be his leading lady.

My Ajusshi is about three middle-aged brothers, each dealing with their different burdens in life, who meet a cold and prickly young lady who is similarly going through her own life’s difficulties. Together, they help each other heal and grow. Lee Seon-kyun is set to play the middle brother, Park Dong-hoon, who works as a structural engineer of an architectural firm that has the motto “Safety first.” He’s a stoic and quiet individual, but knowing Lee Seon-kyun, I’m ready to see him inject a lot of quirky charm into the character.

Then there’s IU, who I’ve liked before in her other previous prickly pear role (The Producers). In that drama, despite her outer selfishness, I could see glimmers of self-awareness and a soft inner heart, which is what I’m hoping for in her upcoming role. Her character begins as a contract worker, employed on a three-month probationary period. So when her boss tells her to find out Park Dong-hoon’s (Lee Seon-kyun) weakness, she has no choice but to try in order to maintain her employed status. But once she gets to know him and his warm personality, she begins to shed her own tough exterior and jaded mindset about others.

Na Mun-hee, Oh Dal-soo, Song Sae-byuk
We can’t forget about Lee Seon-kyun’s onscreen brothers: I’m so excited for this trio—it already looks like a comedy match made in heaven. Chungmuro’s number one funny man Oh Dal-soo (Master, Tunnel) will be playing Lee Seon-kyun’s older brother, who went bankrupt twice after trying to launch his own business when he was fired from his company. As a result, he was run out of his house by his wife, and now lives with his mother again. Despite all that, he’s a romantic who looks back on his failures with a good humorous attitude.

And the youngest brother will be played by Chungmuro actor Song Sae-byuk (Night of Seven Years, Sound of a Flower) who has been primarily active in films since his breakout role in The Servant. His character is similarly in the movie industry: At twenty years old, he was proclaimed a genius prodigy producer whose independent film made it to the Cannes International Film Festival. However, it’s been twenty years since then, and he has yet to debut officially as a film director, and he ends up relinquishing his dreams in despair due to a set of fateful circumstances.

The mom who raised them all will be played by Na Mun-hee (I Can Speak, Dear My Friends). Her two biggest worries are her first son, who is living with her and currently undergoing a separation with his wife, and her maknae son, an unmarried bachelor at age forty with no prospects. The actress is so cute and funny in so many heartwarming family films and dramas, and I’m very much looking forward to her interactions with Oh Dal-soo.

My Ajusshi will be broadcast at the beginning of 2018 on tvN.

Source http://www.dramabean...-iu-headlining/

#8 warukatta

warukatta

🐰 🐰 🐰

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts
  • Location☾˙❀ ᴥ ❀˙☽

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:26 AM

It will take the Wed & Thu slot so it won't be a serial drama. It will most probably be a mini-series with 12-16 episodes just like all the other Wed & Thu tvN dramas laugh.png

#9 malia

malia

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:37 PM (Edited by malia, 08 December 2017 - 07:39 PM.)

phew hurrplz.png

#10 sakura_chan

sakura_chan

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:36 AM

^ Phew indeed.. kkekekeke..that'll put all of our mind at ease

and man..I am anticipating Jang Giyong's and IU's chemistry for that drama. 

#11 malia

malia

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:45 AM (Edited by malia, 09 December 2017 - 09:46 AM.)

^ Phew indeed.. kkekekeke..that'll put all of our mind at ease

and man..I am anticipating Jang Giyong's and IU's chemistry for that drama. 

Same lmao I was so relieved. 

I'm looking forward to JKY x IU too.. at least we know they'll have chemistry (if there is a love line) based on her MVs^^

#12 HugeBoi Minos Wife

HugeBoi Minos Wife

#EVERYD4Y

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,853 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:52 AM

LOL so Lee Sun Kyun got a wife which means there will be no romance with IU? All I can say is :hurr: anticipate this drama~~

#13 Lilah Lys

Lilah Lys

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:03 AM (Edited by Lilah Lys, 07 January 2018 - 10:25 PM.)

Casting and Storylines

Script Reading

TODAY!

#14 Lilah Lys

Lilah Lys

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:23 PM (Edited by Lilah Lys, 09 January 2018 - 10:54 PM.)

Casting and Storylines

#15 warukatta

warukatta

🐰 🐰 🐰

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts
  • Location☾˙❀ ᴥ ❀˙☽

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:20 AM (Edited by warukatta, 10 January 2018 - 01:23 AM.)

Ahh i'm so happy for Ahn Seung-kyun! He's steadily getting roles now. rlytearpls.png He has great acting chops since he starred in various musicals before getting supporting roles in the small screen (I think he's still doing musicals lol). Looking at this cast list, it seems like they're getting actors and actresses for the supporting roles who are also excellent in acting in order to match with the solid lineup of lead roles. I'm totally loving this cast so far!

#16 vixi

vixi

Idol

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Locationif i wanted to watch rpdr i could go out and watch rpdr becuz i am wat? sickening. u could never go out and watch rpdr because u are not tht kinda girl. baby everything i had i worked for and bought myself. i worked yself from the ground up BITCH *throws gochujang in eyes*

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:59 AM

i didnt know IU did dramas too, wow

#17 Lilah Lys

Lilah Lys

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:44 AM (Edited by Lilah Lys, 12 January 2018 - 01:46 AM.)

Premiere Date and Airing Days

#18 Chukahae (축하해)

Chukahae (축하해)

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationFeeling Bittersweet under the First Snow

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:54 AM

Most tvN dramas are miniseries. Some are even shorter like 12 ep. (Circle and Buamdong Revenge Club)  or 8 ep. (Argon).

#19 Chukahae (축하해)

Chukahae (축하해)

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:58 AM

i didnt know IU did dramas too, wow

IU did drama since Dream High. Are you sure you didn't know she was the female lead of Moon Lovers?

#20 Chukahae (축하해)

Chukahae (축하해)

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:07 AM

It will take the Wed & Thu slot so it won't be a serial drama. It will most probably be a mini-series with 12-16 episodes just like all the other Wed & Thu tvN dramas https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

Tbh, Criminal Minds had 20 episodes. So it could be 16, 20 or any other numbers. But longer than 20 ep. would be rather unlikely.

Up, Up and Away!