Photo

I'm a 163cm (5'4) guy and I look like a 14 year old although I'm almost 19. Should I even bother looking for a girlfriend?

short weak pathetic weird stupid insecure not confident young looking advice

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: I'm a 163cm (5'4) guy and I look like a 14 year old although I'm almost 19. Should I even bother looking for a girlfriend? (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I give up?

1. Yes (3 votes [8.57%])

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

2. No (32 votes [91.43%])

Percentage of vote: 91.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Asukii8

Asukii8

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:31 AM (Edited by Asukii8, 09 November 2017 - 09:31 AM.)

yes !! he had a baby face it was so cuuuuute tbh  

Haha I feel a little better now. Btw, I looked at your profile and you're only 5 days younger than me. I was born on the 5th of May 1999 laugh.png

#22 NothingOriginal

NothingOriginal

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:32 AM

I'm 180cm and my boyfriend is 168cm and it's not a problem. Apart from that, don't listen to stupid gender roles that tell you to be a "tough, strong man, that needs to protect the helpless women." If you find the right person you'll see what kind of dynamic you'll have. 

Agree with this one, maybe the one for you will be a prowrestler and you don't need to protect her.

Also my mom is 2 years older than my dad, so is my aunt, and my cousin and her husband. It does not make a difference at all, if you look younger than them or if you are a bit younger than them. 

Also look at it this way, you'll look younger at 30 than any guy you know. ;P

#23 Gaℓaxunnie✰Superoppa

Gaℓaxunnie✰Superoppa

...Ready For It?

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,172 posts
  • LocationI'd kiss you as the lights went out, swaying as the room burned down. I'd hold you as the water rushes in...if I could dance with you again

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:32 AM (Edited by Galaxunnie✰Superoppa, 09 November 2017 - 09:32 AM.)

Just to give you an idea of what I look like: I'm not ugly at all. In fact, I've been told that my face is pretty cute and handsome (not bragging at all. I just want to tell you the truth in order to explain my situatuon to you) and I often do pretty well on online dating sites until girls discover my height. My hair is blonde and I always have stupid Justin Bieberish haircut which I should change. My skin is quite pale and I have green eyes.

Well I'm a 4'11 female who's 20, but looks 15, but I'm still interested in dating. I don't see why you should give up hope on a gf. There's nothing wrong with shorties https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

I ship it hurrplz.png

#24 Sunnydumplings

Sunnydumplings

Senior Idol

• Events Team
  • 553 posts
  • LocationVIP HQ

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:36 AM

So I am a 20 year old girl who looks like a 14 yo too and I'm 158 cm which also doesn't help. Guys my age would usually not try to date me bc they always thought it was illegal right. Well I have a 22 yo bf who is short too and doesn't look like he's 22 either. 

You shouldn't give up. You shouldn't look for a gf tho. You'll run into her soon enough 

#25 MiszNe99

MiszNe99

Idol

• PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:37 AM

There's a guy in my class who I think is shorter than you but he is a total boyfriend material and most of the girls in my class are so jealous with his girlfriend because he has a really nice personality and such a gentleman. His girlfriend is a year older than him too. So, don't give up. 

#26 milkybar

milkybar

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • Locationwif ledue belbet

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:38 AM

Haha I feel a little better now. Btw, I looked at your profile and you're only 5 days younger than me. I was born on the 5th of May 1999 https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

oooo what a coincidence i never meet ppl of my age born in may ~ Anyways glad u feel a bit better lol 

#27 CherryBerry

CherryBerry

♡♡♡

• PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:49 AM (Edited by ♥ Misty ♥, 09 November 2017 - 09:51 AM.)

Well, as long as you're not facially ugly i'm sure you'll find someone. Also don't try to over-compensate and just be natural. I know a lot of guys who turn aggressive because they're insecure or either go on to strong to girls. Neither works.

#28 HannaStarkTargaryen

HannaStarkTargaryen

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:56 AM (Edited by HannaStarkTargaryen, 09 November 2017 - 09:57 AM.)

My father and mother have about 10-15cm difference. My mother is tall. You will meet someone as long as you have confidence in you.

When I say that everyone is taller than my father, he laughs and says "It's not so hard to be taller than me". He has always been confident of himself and his beauty. He never had a problem getting girlfriends because of the height.

I already had a crush on a guy who was a lot short than me, but not for his height, for the intelligence. He talked things that interested me and set up a magic cube in one minute.

So take care of its appearance, of course, but also be interesting and funny. Beauty is certainly the first thing we see, but personality is what stays.

#29 Asukii8

Asukii8

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:56 AM

Well, as long as you're not facially ugly i'm sure you'll find someone. Also don't try to over-compensate and just be natural. I know a lot of guys who turn aggressive because they're insecure or either go on to strong to girls. Neither works.

That's definitely something that I would never do. I'm usually really calm and shy. I don't understand aggressive people. I'm quite submissive actually laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

#30 Asukii8

Asukii8

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:59 AM

My father and mother have about 10-15cm difference. My mother is tall. You will meet someone as long as you have confidence in you.

When I say that everyone is taller than my father, he laughs and says "It's not so hard to be taller than me". He has always been confident of himself and his beauty. He never had a problem getting girlfriends because of the height.

I already had a crush on a guy who was a lot short than me, but not for his height, for the intelligence. He talked things that interested me and set up a magic cube in one minute.

So take care of its appearance, of course, but also be interesting and funny. Beauty is certainly the first thing we see, but personality is what stays.

That's so cute! I just usually feel sad from stuff that I read online. I saw this video called "Problems of being a tall girl", and one of the top comments was "When your crush is shorter than you". All the replies were like "Yeah I hate it when that happens" and "Yeah I can relate!". It made me feel really hopeless, because it made me think that a lot of girls could even like a guy who's short and then still not want to date him.

#31 shefangirls

shefangirls

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:02 AM (Edited by shefangirls, 09 November 2017 - 10:03 AM.)

I have met many 20-22-year-old girls who have dated guys that fit your description. I have also met girls who are 22 and look 15, and I have met girls who actually prefer guys with your description. There will be someone for you.

My advice is to stop worrying about it. The more insecure you are, you will give that vibe to people. Also, just relax and be patient. Go out more often, befriend more people, be open, and you will eventually find someone. Stop worrying and enjoy your life, do not push things to happen. You will eventually find someone.

Also, when you do and you don't feel it's working, don't settle just bc you are afraid you won't find someone else. The right one will come along.

If you really can't get over your physique, change the colors you use and the styles you wear. Also, get a mature haircut.

#32 monspakab

monspakab

Trainee

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:50 AM (Edited by monspakab, 09 November 2017 - 10:53 AM.)

As a girl who is a few years older than you...

Being nice, courteous and taking good care of people (especially listening to and concerning yourself with their feelings!) gets you farther with a lot of girls than being 'manly'. Seriously, there are so many guys who open their mouth and ruin any attractiveness they may have had. And once that happens, the girl is pretty much done. Whereas, a guy who may not be 10/10 at the first glance can make himself long term really appealing by just straight up respecting girls. 

As for appearance, I can also look really young-- but I've found that it can be exacerbated or mitigated depending on the way I dress. Usually, if you dress a little more formally, people will naturally think you're older. Think business casual. Lose the Bieber and think about whether the way you present yourself (mannerisms, etc.) is adult. This will help you in finding a job as well when it's time, because you'll already be practiced in presenting yourself professionally.  (I'm not kidding about this. People have thought I was 14 wearing sweats and a braid and 24 wearing a skirt and suit jacket... in the same day. Clothing and hairstyle do make a difference).

Finally, I've found that giving no fucks about how you appear to other people is the best way to attract them to you. If you're self conscious and insecure, this tends to come out in your interactions with people. If you're not thinking about yourself/your problems  or being self-conscious, you can have way more interesting interactions with people, and they tend to like you more because you're the cool person talking about x/y/z interesting thing, and not spending all your time hiding in a corner/sitting down because you're trying to hide some aspect of yourself. Practice going up to people and not giving a shit about how tall they are in comparison to you, and you'll probably be surprised with how few people notice or care about your height. 

And don't die. I don't know if you meant that in earnest or not, but you'll miss out on a lot of amazing experiences if you don't live. Isn't going to be perfect, but your life will take you to a lot of great places if you're patient and let it happen.

TLDR: Don't give up on anything, including dating. And confidence is sexy. 

#33 sungjins

sungjins

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:22 PM

I'm 180cm and my boyfriend is 168cm and it's not a problem. Apart from that, don't listen to stupid gender roles that tell you to be a "tough, strong man, that needs to protect the helpless women." If you find the right person you'll see what kind of dynamic you'll have. 

as another tall girl with a short boyfriend, I second that ^

#34 DemonLordOfTheRoundTable

DemonLordOfTheRoundTable

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationArea B7R, Belka (The Round Table)

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:21 PM

I'm 19 and I look 15, don't worry you're not alone on this one.

#35 Jihyo StoleMyHeart AYAYAY

Jihyo StoleMyHeart AYAYAY

☙❤♕ Park Jihyo ♕❤❧

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,998 posts
  • LocationJihyo's Heart.

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:02 PM

start lifting https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

but not too much. 

Also keep us updated on your progress https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

#36 Zroi

Zroi

Idol

• PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationRunning away from the Pied Piper. He wants the Best of Me, but Not Today.

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:48 PM

Hey, Prince was 5' 2" and he was such an amazing man. Like the others have said, start lifting and I would say maybe find a 'niche' and really hone in on that.

#37 Ultra Instinct

Ultra Instinct

Reality Transurfer

• PipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:52 PM

I know this guy who's fat and 5"5 and he fucks models so yea (and no he's not rich) . You attract what you are, so even if you are short and ugly you can groom yourself and workout, get a nice haircut, wear nice clothes and it'll show girls that you take care of yourself

#38 eunwoo

eunwoo

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:41 PM

Don't give up but also don't think of dating as the be all and end all. You're not weird, I know a lot of adults who haven't dated before and everyone's different-looking it's not a bad thing different people are attracted to different characteristics both physical and emotional. If you think your height/face will be a problem then it's more likely to be, whereas if you learn to be more confident in what you do have (e.g. skills/traits you like, your attractive face) then you're more likely to attract people who like you for those very things. Also, I wouldn't worry so much about protecting girls, not all girls want/need to be protected, relationships are meant to be mutually beneficial.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: short, weak, pathetic, weird, stupid, insecure, not confident, young looking, advice

Up, Up and Away!