Photo

I'm a 163cm (5'4) guy and I look like a 14 year old although I'm almost 19. Should I even bother looking for a girlfriend?

short weak pathetic weird stupid insecure not confident young looking advice

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: I'm a 163cm (5'4) guy and I look like a 14 year old although I'm almost 19. Should I even bother looking for a girlfriend? (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I give up?

1. Yes (3 votes [8.57%])

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

2. No (32 votes [91.43%])

Percentage of vote: 91.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Asukii8

Asukii8

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:04 AM (Edited by Asukii8, 09 November 2017 - 09:11 AM.)

Just to give you an idea of what I look like: I'm not ugly at all. In fact, I've been told that my face is pretty cute and handsome (not bragging at all. I just want to tell you the truth in order to explain my situatuon to you) and I often do pretty well on online dating sites until girls discover my height. My hair is blonde and I always have stupid Justin Bieberish haircut which I should change. My skin is quite pale and I have green eyes.

Here is the biggest problem about me: I'm only 163cm (5'4) and I look like a 14 year old. Not only because of my height, but the fact that my face also looks very young. It's almost unbelievable that I'm 18. I've never had a girlfriend before. I've only been on one date before, but it was with a crazy 24 year old girl that I met online who's into really short and young looking guys like me.

The first question I get from people when I'm at parties is "How old are you?" because I don't even look old enough to be there. This makes me feel really embarrassed and ashamed to attend parties or any "adults only" event because I get stared at and people wonder why I'm there. If I go to any "adults only" place, I'll be stared at or even kicked out. I feel like I'll never get much respect from anyone in society, or at least less respect than the average person. Even if they're aware of my age, they'll still subconsciously treat me as a child. I think it will be hard for me to get a job due to the fact that a company won't want someone who looks like a child to represent them.

Here's the next major problem: How the hell can I get a girlfriend? I'm not complaining to girls, I totally understand why they wouldn't want to date me because I also wouldn't want to date someone who looks 14. Even if a girl is attracted to me, she would probably not want to date me because it would make her look creepy. People would think 'Why the hell is she dating a young teenager?".  It also basically destroys my chances of online dating. I could have a really great conversation with a girl but then she'll begin to stop caring about me after I tell her my height. If I didn't tell her my height, I would be very ashamed once I met her and very worried about her reaction.

The other problem that I have is this: How can I protect my girlfriend/wife if I find one? I'm the least intimidating person and I'm very small. Pretty much any guy could destroy me in a fight and if they were hurting my girlfriend/wife, I wouldn't be able to do anything no matter how hard I tried. What's the point of being in a relationship with me? It would be much better to have a boyfriend or husband who can actually protect you. Even if I became good at fighting, I would be screwed if some super tall guy started hurting me or my wife. If I was a girl, I wouldn't want to date someone like me.

Should I just give up and accept that I must live life alone? Should I die? I think it might actually be a very bad decision for me to fall in love with a girl, because I will be powerless to protect or defend her if something bad happens. It would also be borderline immoral for me to have children, because my genetics would risk them being born short and weak like me. I just don't understand why any girl would choose me over someone else. I'm basically inferior to the vast majority of men.

#2 notapiglet

notapiglet

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:07 AM

start lifting :) 

but not too much. 

Also keep us updated on your progress ilikeitplz.png

#3 WenSuelRene

WenSuelRene

L O V E ♡ W H I S P E R

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts
  • LocationThe Corner Candy Shop <3

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:09 AM

Well I'm a 4'11 female who's 20, but looks 15, but I'm still interested in dating. I don't see why you should give up hope on a gf. There's nothing wrong with shorties meowfaceplz.png 

#4 seola

seola

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:09 AM (Edited by seola, 09 November 2017 - 09:10 AM.)

start lifting and get a haircut. that can help. 

it might seem like most girls will only date guys 6'0 and above but that's really not the case at all. just out there and be confident. you'll find someone

#5 Egoísta

Egoísta

OH’s First Love

• PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationWise men wonder while strong men die

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:10 AM (Edited by Egoísta, 09 November 2017 - 09:14 AM.)

Some gals like short young (or younger looking) guys
Spoiler

The other problem that I have is this: How can I protect my girlfriend/wife if I find one? I'm the least intimidating person and I'm very small. Pretty much any guy could destroy me in a fight and if they were hurting my girlfriend/wife, I wouldn't be able to do anything no matter how hard I tried. What's the point of being in a relationship with me? It would be much better to have a boyfriend or husband who can actually protect you. Even if I became good at fighting, I would be screwed if some super tall guy started hurting me or my wife. If I was a girl, I wouldn't want to date someone like me.

Get a gun and lift weights

#6 Angy

Angy

The Official Sponsor of Unicorns on OH~

• PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationRiding my unicorn ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:12 AM (Edited by Angy, 09 November 2017 - 09:13 AM.)

I know a guy who is 162cm and already 19yo and has a girlfriend, there's always hope~ :smile:
Also, beard helps

#7 Zahrengold

Zahrengold

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationFandom Hell

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:12 AM

I'm 180cm and my boyfriend is 168cm and it's not a problem. Apart from that, don't listen to stupid gender roles that tell you to be a "tough, strong man, that needs to protect the helpless women." If you find the right person you'll see what kind of dynamic you'll have. 

#8 jaegirl

jaegirl

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:15 AM

Never give up on yourself. And there are plenty of petite girls around, don't feel too desolate.

It's not the end of the world if you don't find a partner as well. dave.png

#9 adina kim

adina kim

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Locationchristmas island

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:16 AM

there like 7 BILLION human being in this world ...your living place standing in dating are not the same at other place..so no, dont lose hope in dating....its freaking hurt ...but wanna know what happen to a carbon atom that being into high pressure temperature? they will become a diamond...

#10 Asukii8

Asukii8

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:16 AM

Never give up on yourself. And there are plenty of petite girls around, don't feel too desolate.

It's not the end of the world if you don't find a partner as well. https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

I like girls who are bigger and older than me actually laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

#11 CherryBerry

CherryBerry

♡♡♡

• PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:17 AM

Do you have a cute face? Girls are all over that even if you're short.

#12 Zaiku

Zaiku

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Stimulate your growth glands with the right exercises and supplements, you'll surely squeeze an inch or two.

#13 mate

mate

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,840 posts
  • Location좁혀지는 사이 그래 좀 tight한 type이야

there's someone out there for everyone man

#14 Asukii8

Asukii8

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:19 AM (Edited by Asukii8, 09 November 2017 - 09:22 AM.)

Do you have a cute face? Girls are all over that even if you're short.

Yeah it's really cute apparently laugh.pnglaugh.png But childish

#15 Shawol-Inspirit

Shawol-Inspirit

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationWhy do you need to know my location?...I'm from Denmark

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:22 AM

Don't ever give up. Your "miss right" is out there somewhere, and she will be thrilled to meet you someday.

#16 milkybar

milkybar

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • Locationwif ledue belbet

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:25 AM

Dw my ex was like ur height too but that didnt stop me from dating him !! I'm sure theres defs a girl that would date u regardless of ur height 

#17 atwork

atwork

Idol

• PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationWORK

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:26 AM (Edited by atwork, 09 November 2017 - 09:30 AM.)

most guys i liked when i was single were short i am tall guy tho so i am not a girl.. maybe you should try guys too studmuffinplz.png finger crossed hurrplz.png

short guys have nice butts lol laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png but that wasn't the practical reason tho it just happens 

#18 Asukii8

Asukii8

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:26 AM

Dw my ex was like ur height too but that didnt stop me from dating him !! I'm sure theres defs a girl that would date u regardless of ur height 

But did he also have a very young looking face?

#19 milkybar

milkybar

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • Locationwif ledue belbet

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:27 AM

But did he also have a very young looking face?

yes !! he had a baby face it was so cuuuuute tbh  

#20 SmallWorldBigHeart

SmallWorldBigHeart

Idol

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:28 AM

Not all women care about height. Don’t sell yourself short. 😉

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: short, weak, pathetic, weird, stupid, insecure, not confident, young looking, advice

Up, Up and Away!