Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

South Korea to Allow Visa-free Filipino, Indonesian, and Vietnamese Visitors for Winter Olympics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Jihyo StoleMyHeartAYAYAY

Jihyo StoleMyHeartAYAYAY

Jihyo's Bodyguard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54,130 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:27 AM

Filipino, Vietnamese, and Indonesian tourists during this time don’t need a tourist visa.

The decrease in Chinese tourists prompted the Korean government to attract other neighbouring countries like the Philippines, Indonesia, and Vietnam. To boost and help tourism recover from the loss in Chinese tourists, the South Korean government are taking new measures to revive tourism in the country.

SK-visa-free-tourists-winter-olympics_4.

Kim Dong-yeon, the deputy prime minister, said, “Although the tourism industry that has visited last year has grown, it has shrunk considerably this year.” The number of Chinese tourists has decreased from 3.23 million people in the same period last year (61.3 %).” “There has been concern that the declining number of tourists could shrink the tourism industry and reduce the number of related jobs,” he added.

SK-visa-free-tourists-winter-olympics_2.

During the 2018 Winter Olympics, Filipino, Vietnamese, and Indonesian tourists can visit SoKor Visa-Free. Officially known as the XXIII Olympic Winter Games and commonly known as PyeongChang 2018, the Winter Olympics is a major international multi-sport event scheduled to take place from 9 to 25 February 2018 in Pyeongchang County, South Korea.

SK-visa-free-tourists-winter-olympics_1.

The Winter Games last a little over two weeks between the two ceremonies, and during this time, there will be 102 events in seven different sports with the sports being divided between 15 different disciplines. As tourists are more likely to stay for less than 90 days, they will not need a tourist visa.

SK-visa-free-tourists-winter-olympics_5.

Aside from securing about 2,261 rooms through two large cruises at Sokcho, the government will also organize free shuttle buses that will operate the Olympic city, including Pyeongchang and Gangneung, and neighboring cities. Philippine, Indonesian and Vietnamese tourists who are coming to Korea through Yangyang Airport will be temporarily allowed to enter the country visa-free until April next year.

SK-visa-free-tourists-winter-olympics_3.

According to mybucketlistevents, February 9 and the 25 will be popular days to attend because they include the opening and closing ceremonies which are always a stunning spectacle to see, but the other days will have event competitions and event finals to watch. Many events, like hockey, curling, and speed skating takes place on numerous days during the period of the games making any day a good choice.

source: visa-free korea

#2 Catlixle

Catlixle

Hey Sach

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:36 AM

anyone from indonesia.. finally a chance for u all to go see ur faves hometown with only $200 for a freaking flight (obviously air asia)

#3 Shinku

Shinku

'ᆺ'

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,445 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:36 AM

Philippine, Indonesian and Vietnamese tourists who are coming to Korea through Yangyang Airport

You mean you can't go to Incheon Airport directly for free visa? 0u0plz.png

#4 kish

kish

⠇⠍⠁⠕

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:08 AM

yea.... as if I have money to actually go there rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png

#5 PrazzyJazzy

PrazzyJazzy

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:14 AM

anyone from indonesia.. finally a chance for u all to go see ur faves hometown with only $200 for a freaking flight (obviously air asia)

Someone needs to renew her indonesian passport~

#6 rosesquare

rosesquare

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:20 AM

YASSSSSS finally the dumb Indonesian passport is good for something

.....but no Incheon though?

#7 Queen's Mine

Queen's Mine

Global Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:27 AM (Edited by Queen's Mine, 06 November 2017 - 03:30 AM.)

Lol it won't help much...... it will bring more damage than good. For example illegal workers and etc etc.

Free visa only bring poor Tourists, not the rich one. While rich tourist don't mind paying $200 for Visa fee. And poor Tourists won't spend much.

#8 bzz

bzz

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:44 AM

Lol it won't help much...... it will bring more damage than good. For example illegal workers and etc etc.

Free visa only bring poor Tourists, not the rich one. While rich tourist don't mind paying $200 for Visa fee. And poor Tourists won't spend much.

Thai tourists to Japan are quite messy that there was rumor Japan would cease free tourist visa to the Thai yet, that hasn't actually happened. Thai poor tourists surely spend much enough in Japan.

By the way, why will Indo, Viet and Pinoys care about winter olympics?

#9 Ruby672

Ruby672

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:46 AM

Good for them

Spoiler

#10 Queen's Mine

Queen's Mine

Global Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:22 AM

Thai tourists to Japan are quite messy that there was rumor Japan would cease free tourist visa to the Thai yet, that hasn't actually happened. Thai poor tourists surely spend much enough in Japan.

Nah.... they won't care about winter olympics but they will care for free visa to visit SK. It ain't bring much benefits to SK.

#11 Walmart Goddess

Walmart Goddess

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:48 PM (Edited by Walmart Goddess, 07 November 2017 - 03:49 PM.)

i can see that happening.

chinese tourist have a bad image in korea because China allowed all their poor tourists to run amok.

#12 lavender mint

lavender mint

Cardcaptor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,708 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:05 PM

Good for them

Spoiler

Spoiler

#13 chcft34

chcft34

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:52 PM

Lol good luck with the influx of illegal immigrants, even in that short period of time.

Japan has Indonesians got into Japan easier with e-passport (e-passport holder doesn't have to apply for visa for short stay, or called waiver visa). Then a lot of illegal immigrants came, and now Indonesians have random checks in the immigration in Japan intl aiports. There is also plan to cancel this waiver visa lol.

#14 Sansekidōmei

Sansekidōmei

So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny? [55]

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:44 PM

When i read the title my mind went to "lmao SK knows where hallyu market now China is currently petty" :derp: but other than that, i dont know. Indonesians have no sport festival spirit lol, and they have no winters to know "the fun" of winter games.

Up, Up and Away!