Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Favourite VN  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What is your most favourite VN (series) ?

• Muv Luv (Extra, Unlimited, Alternative)
    • Steins Gate (Steins Gate, Steins Gate 0)
    • Devil On G String
    • Danganronpa (Trigger Happy Havoc, Goodbye Despair, Killing Harmony)
    • Clannad
    • Zero Escape (Nine Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors, Virtue's Last Reward, Zero Time Dilemma)
    • Ace Attorney (Phoenix Wright, Justice For All, Trials and Tribulations, Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies, Spirit Of Justice)
    • Mystic Messenger
    • Code Realize
    • Higurashi
    • Umineko
    • Little Busters
    • Rewrite
    • Grisaia (Fruit of Grisaia, Labyrinth of Grisaia, Eden of Grisaia)
    • Katawa Shoujo
    • Chaos Child
    • Chaos Head Noah
    • Fate Stay Night
    • Ever17
    • Tsukihime
    • Doki Doki Literature Club
    • 428 Shibuya Scramble
    • Sharin no Kuni
    • Amnesia (Amnesia, Amnesia World)
    • Others (Please specify)
  2. 2. How many VNs have you finished?

I just finished dies irae and gave it a 9.6 it's a great vn for what it is. I gave Muv luv Alt a 9.7 from the beginning of chapter 2/3 I was hooked right up to the end.

Going to finish off va 11 ha cyberpunk later :)

Wow that's one high of a rating you got there. It's been a while since I've last finished a kamige (the last one was devil on g string) so looks like I will have something to look forward to now

Wow that's one high of a rating you got there. It's been a while since I've last finished a kamige (the last one was devil on g string) so looks like I will have something to look forward to now

Meanwhile I've only been reading kamiage's rlytearpls.pngSubahibi and before that Little Busters and Chaos;Child

I just finished Va 11 Ha Cyberpunk and it was all right. Felt the praise of it was really too much. But enjoyed it nonetheless gave it a 7.5 out of 10.

I just finished Va 11 Ha Cyberpunk and it was all right. Felt the praise of it was really too much. But enjoyed it nonetheless gave it a 7.5 out of 10.

Meanwhile i finished higurashi kai and planetarian yesterday and i'm giving them ratings of 8.2 and 7 respectively

I still can't believe Baldr Sky Dive 1 and 2 haven't been translated yet even though they are the 23rd highest rated vn and 3rd highest rated vn on vndb respectively. I read the synopses for both vns and I've got a feeling both vns would be something similar to Muv Luv Alternative so I'm hoping for a quick release of the English version rlytearpls.png

Edited by wei

I still can't believe Baldr Sky Dive 1 and 2 haven't been translated yet even though they are the 23rd highest rated vn and 3rd highest rated vn on vndb respectively. I read the synopses for both vns and I've got a feeling both vns would be something similar to Muv Luv Alternative so I'm hoping for a quick release of the English version rlytearpls.png

Using vndb to actually track how good a vn is 🤔

Using vndb to actually track how good a vn is

Well it's the fastest way of finding good VNs to read and the very fact that it's not English translated but already so highly rated makes me kind of curious

Has anyone read  Fate/hollow ataraxia yet? I'm thinking of starting it but unsure too.

Edited by Salieri

Has anyone read Fate/hollow ataraxia yet? I'm thinking of starting it but unsure too.

It's definitely not better than fsn in terms of plot but in terms of entertainment value, it's better. Also, a few characters from Tsukihime appear for a while in fha so you may want to play Tsukihime first (though not compulsory)

Edited by wei

I played Stay! Stay! DPRK which was a short and tongue in cheek VN. Only about 3 hours so im glad I bought it on sale. Kind of a basic budget game but the humor was pretty funny, even though the overlaying story is quite sad/dark obviously.

And I finally finished If My Heart Had Wings a couple weeks ago, that was a really enjoyable game. I put about 60 hours into and I thought maybe the ending was not quite as satisfying as I hoped but overall I liked the story. The first and middle parts are still the best parts imo.

Now I got left in my library Ame no Marginal which i'm curious about since it comes from the narcissu developper.

And I finally finished If My Heart Had Wings a couple weeks ago, that was a really enjoyable game. I put about 60 hours into and I thought maybe the ending was not quite as satisfying as I hoped but overall I liked the story. The first and middle parts are still the best parts imo.

I downloaded this game for free on Google Play back when I wasn't a vn addict but after realising that there were some hidden costs for the story to progress (and a not-so-great English translation), I dropped it. How much would you rate it though? I may start to pick up on this vn again once the retranslation patch is out 

Edited by wei

I downloaded this game for free on Google Play back when I wasn't a vn addict but after realising that there were some hidden costs for the story to progress (and a not-so-great English translation), I dropped it. How much would you rate it though? I may start to pick up on this vn again once the retranslation patch is out 

I played it on steam so I don't know if the mobile version is different but i would rate it 8/10. Once I got into the story very early on, it is this comfy feeling while also having this mysterious aspect too it that makes you keep interested to play for a long time. I really like that.

The translation is indeed rough at some points but nothing that is too bad (except maybe 1 small part where it really doesn't make any sense in the story). In general it didn't bother me anyways

People need to read this

Why would they spoil this :(

Edited by Salieri

People need to read this

Why would they spoil this :(

they just reused the openings/trailers from the previous releases lmao

On a side note,

at 1.32 of the muv luv (extra) trailer, doesn't that show sumika and takeru in the Alternative worldline?

Edited by wei

they just reused the openings/trailers from the previous releases lmao

On a side note,

at 1.32 of the muv luv (extra) trailer, doesn't that show sumika and takeru in the Alternative worldline?

Here I thought I was seeing things but actually it does o.o

I love visual novels la.gif  Definitely the genre of games I get most fun out of. My favourite ones include Ace Attorney series and 999. 

I am somewhere halfway in Heaven's Feel route in F/SN, but I honestly feel that this game is too meta and sometimes hard to follow, so I take a lot of breaks. I also need to finish T&T. 

Anyone looking forward to 428: Shibuya Scramble that's supposed to come out this year?

I love visual novels la.gif Definitely the genre of games I get most fun out of. My favourite ones include Ace Attorney series and 999.

You can try out Danganronpa (similar to Ace Attorney) and Ever17 (similar to Zero Escape) since you liked both games! And if you hadn't played Virtue's Last Reward & Zero Time Dilemma yet, then you really should since 999 is not a standalone game.

I am somewhere halfway in Heaven's Feel route in F/SN, but I honestly feel that this game is too meta and sometimes hard to follow, so I take a lot of breaks.

Fate Stay Night is known to have the highest number of bad ends (about 40) for a visual novel so it's recommended that you use a walkthrough if you don't want to get lost. I used this one when I was reading FSN so you can take a look if stuck (P.S Are you reading the 15+ or 18+ version? The 15+ version takes out a crucial part of the plot in Heavens Feel so I suggest reading the 18+ version.)

I also need to finish T&T.

You really should; it's the best game in the Ace Attorney series.

Anyone looking forward to 428: Shibuya Scramble that's supposed to come out this year?

Oh the English translation is out this year? Looks like I have something to add to the "Anticipated vns coming out in 2018" list

Edited by wei

You can try out Danganronpa (similar to Ace Attorney) and Ever17 (similar to Zero Escape) since you liked both games! And if you hadn't played Virtue's Last Reward & Zero Time Dilemma yet, then you really should since 999 is not a standalone game.

Fate Stay Night is known to have the highest number of bad ends (about 40) for a visual novel so it's recommended that you use a walkthrough if you don't want to get lost. I used this one when I was reading FSN so you can take a look if stuck (P.S Are you reading the 15+ or 18+ version? The 15+ version takes out a crucial part of the plot in Heavens Feel so I suggest reading the 18+ version.)

You really should; it's the best game in the Ace Attorney series.

Oh the English translation is out this year? Looks like I have something to add to the "Anticipated vns coming out in 2018" list

Ooh, Ever17 I'd never heard of, will surely check out. I followed LPs of Danganronpa before they were released in English, but I might play NDRV3 - and the other ZE installments - someday. My problem with T&T is that I start, get to Case 2, and then lose my save file. I'm not getting anywhere like this...

Fate is sooo tedious. I am doing this the hard mode and not using a walkthrough, and I have met countless of bda endings. I'm reading the 18+ version, which absolutely hurts my eyes but I guess I'm getting the supposedly full experience. I'm playing Fate/Grand Order now to cope. 

It should come out this year, yes. That is my most anticipated release of this year; it's something I never expected to see translated ever. 

My problem with T&T is that I start, get to Case 2, and then lose my save file. I'm not getting anywhere like this...

You can download save files from here so you can immediately start on case 2 without going through case 1 again. 

Game's technically not a vn, but I'm loving this Muv Luv Alternative x Attack on Titan combination

Edit: I just realised I was 2 weeks late 0u0plz.png

Edited by wei

yay i just finished hotel dusk! 

the lore was more complex than i thought 

glad i finally finished after many years wanting to play it rlytearpls.png

KvhLKqC.png

i think i got a good ending when

mila leaves hotel dusk with kyle although i didnt took/give her treasure D:

but after the credits i got no more scenes and when i searched online about the endings i saw there is a scene pos credits D:

jenny returning to hotel dusk

but oh well, maybe a second playthrough is needed but for now i wont be playing it again. i will move forward and finish the other games i already started. i guess the next visual novel i will play is ghost trick.

yay i just finished hotel dusk! 

the lore was more complex than i thought 

glad i finally finished after many years wanting to play it rlytearpls.png

KvhLKqC.png

i think i got a good ending when

mila leaves hotel dusk with kyle although i didnt took/give her treasure D:

but after the credits i got no more scenes and when i searched online about the endings i saw there is a scene pos credits D:

jenny returning to hotel dusk

but oh well, maybe a second playthrough is needed but for now i wont be playing it again. i will move forward and finish the other games i already started. i guess the next visual novel i will play is ghost trick.

I suppose you can now move on to its sequel, which is apparently more well-liked than the one you just finished smile.png

On another note, ghost trick can't really be considered a visual novel (unfortunately) but it's still pretty well-received so I'm sure you will enjoy it too.

I suppose you can now move on to its sequel, which is apparently more well-liked than the one you just finished smile.png

On another note, ghost trick can't really be considered a visual novel (unfortunately) but it's still pretty well-received so I'm sure you will enjoy it too.

oooh really... i didnt know that... oh well, lets see what ghost trick is all about then za5g21G.png

yeah, i knew about the second game but i didnt know it was a direct sequel... (where are the eyes emojis when you need it...?) 

im trying to hold myself back and give kyle hyde some time before i start the last window and also give a chance to different games.................................................. im trying. 0u0plz.png

so apparently Sekai Project is now the new publisher for the Muv Luv series and they've just re-released both Muv Luv and Muv Luv Alternative on Steam yesterday (which happened to be the 15th anniversary of Muv Luv).

Anyways, both Muv Luv and Muv Luv Alternative are on a 30% off sale on Steam until 8 March so get yours now if you hadn't played it! They are both the all-ages versions so it's safe for kids! 

except for that one scene in Alternative but whatever

Edited by wei

I bought the games before and still don't have them in my library. But yes muv luv is a must read series.