Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Favourite VN  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What is your most favourite VN (series) ?

• Muv Luv (Extra, Unlimited, Alternative)
    • Steins Gate (Steins Gate, Steins Gate 0)
    • Devil On G String
    • Danganronpa (Trigger Happy Havoc, Goodbye Despair, Killing Harmony)
    • Clannad
    • Zero Escape (Nine Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors, Virtue's Last Reward, Zero Time Dilemma)
    • Ace Attorney (Phoenix Wright, Justice For All, Trials and Tribulations, Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies, Spirit Of Justice)
    • Mystic Messenger
    • Code Realize
    • Higurashi
    • Umineko
    • Little Busters
    • Rewrite
    • Grisaia (Fruit of Grisaia, Labyrinth of Grisaia, Eden of Grisaia)
    • Katawa Shoujo
    • Chaos Child
    • Chaos Head Noah
    • Fate Stay Night
    • Ever17
    • Tsukihime
    • Doki Doki Literature Club
    • 428 Shibuya Scramble
    • Sharin no Kuni
    • Amnesia (Amnesia, Amnesia World)
    • Others (Please specify)
  2. 2. How many VNs have you finished?

Credit :uploader

Not looking forward to this as I'm really sceptical about how they are doing it.

I'm so close to finishing subahibi and I must say it's really an excellent vn to go though.

jeez if that's the case, we may as well just watch the anime. It's kind of frustrating to see the characters move, only for them to suddenly stop. 5pb is really trying to milk money out of those Steins Gate fans smh. Making a VN based on the movie "Load Region of Déjà Vu" and/or an expansion to that would probably have been better

As for subahibi, how much would you rate it?

Edited by wei

jeez if that's the case, we may as well just watch the anime. It's kind of frustrating to see the characters move, only for them to suddenly stop. 5pb is really trying to milk money out of those Steins Gate fans smh. Making a VN based on the movie "Load Region of Déjà Vu" and/or an expansion to that would probably have been better

As for subahibi, how much would you rate it?

That was my reaction from knowing and hearing that it was going to be 'animiated' I would have loved another science fiction advanture game like Robotics;Notics or even Chaos;Head :(

As for Subahibi, just finished it. I abosultaly loved the game and it's message, I won't lie it is distrubing as hell defo not for the faint of hearts but it's such a good ride from the beginning wondering what's happening to the end where you just get your mind blown, the art style is *.* beautiful and the music is nice to hear and gets intense when things actually do happen. First episode is the one on Steam and that was ok but when everything else is underneath the patch and it is seriously worth a read if you enjoy mystery. If I have to say it's a solid 9. 5 for me personally :)

Edited by Salieri

As for Subahibi, just finished it. I abosultaly loved the game and it's message, I won't lie it is distrubing as hell defo not for the faint of hearts but it's such a good ride from the beginning wondering what's happening to the end where you just get your mind blown, the art style is *.* beautiful and the music is nice to hear and gets intense when things actually do happen. First episode is the one on Steam and that was ok but when everything else is underneath the patch and it is seriously worth a read if you enjoy mystery. If I have to say it's a solid 9. 5 for me personally smile.png

Well I suppose it's #6 rated VN on vndb for a reason. Once I'm done with Kara no Shojo 2 and Eden of Grisaia (still left with the afterstory for this one), I will definitely play this next 

Just started dies irae and got to the second chapter it seems good so far really atomospheric and the music gives me the creeps

Edited by Salieri

Just started dies irae and got to the second chapter it seems good so far really atomospheric and the music gives me the creeps

I was about to say dies irae hasn't been fully translated yet but I just went on vndb and found out it has been recently fully translated last month LOL looks like I will have another VN on my to-play list

I was about to say dies irae hasn't been fully translated yet but I just went on vndb and found out it has been recently fully translated last month LOL looks like I will have another VN on my to-play list

It was out like 7 months ago

http://store.steampowered.com/app/644540/Dies_irae_Amantes_amentes/

and first fight I'm seeing just blows me away, have a look at the prologue when you have time :)

It was out like 7 months ago

http://store.steampowered.com/app/644540/Dies_irae_Amantes_amentes/

and first fight I'm seeing just blows me away, have a look at the prologue when you have time smile.png

Oh my bad. I only looked at the vndb page for dies iraes and saw the dark blue icon (meaning partial patch) beside the game released on June so I thought it hadn't been fully translated until last month

Capture.png

Yeah, I will definitely check it out now that I know it's fully translated

Edited by wei

Oh my bad. I only looked at the vndb page for dies iraes and saw the dark blue icon (meaning partial patch) beside the game released on June so I thought it hadn't been fully translated until last month

Capture.png

Yeah, I will definitely check it out now that I know it's fully translated

:) bave fun

I'm getting the dx pacakge which inlcludes the old version and the new version, mainly because I'm curious about the old version h scenes that the new one (complete version) doesn't. It's on manga gamer :)

Considering how my schedule's working out so far it may take a while for me to play/read Narcissu. I haven't even started actually :horror:

Considering how my schedule's working out so far it may take a while for me to play/read Narcissu. I haven't even started actually imhorrifiedplz.png

that's why I always read VNs on the go. You can always get yourself a Windows tablet to read VNs when commuting to work/school and returning home. Narcissu is also available for free on Android and iOS so you can use your phone for that. smile.png

Edited by wei

that's why I always read VNs on the go. You can always get yourself a Windows tablet to read VNs when commuting to work/school and returning home. Narcissu is also available for free on Android and iOS so you can use your phone for that. smile.png

I usually like reading stuff on desktops and not really a fan of reading on tablets/phones. I'll probably play on weekends more than likely since that'll be when I have the most time laugh.png

I usually like reading stuff on desktops and not really a fan of reading on tablets/phones. I'll probably play on weekends more than likely since that'll be when I have the most time laugh.png

Well I don't have a PC at home so I would just read VNs on my phone or tablet when I'm commuting to school everyday haha

Considering how my schedule's working out so far it may take a while for me to play/read Narcissu. I haven't even started actually imhorrifiedplz.png

You owe it to yourself to play through Narcissu, it's a good vn for what it is :) I still need to finish the final dlc for it

Has anyone here read VA-11 Hall-A Cyberpunk Bartender Action? I'm just slowly getting through the game got Dies Irae to play which is a monster in terms of length and content  it's a nice spin on the whole visual novel scene just being a bartender and actually serving cilients and learning about the background as you play through it.

Has anyone here read VA-11 Hall-A Cyberpunk Bartender Action? I'm just slowly getting through the game got Dies Irae to play which is a monster in terms of length and content  it's a nice spin on the whole visual novel scene just being a bartender and actually serving cilients and learning about the background as you play through it.

I've heard of the game but to be honest,I have my doubts on the plot development.

I've heard of the game but to be honest,I have my doubts on the plot development.

Plot wise it might not be a "kamige" but it's decent for an indie developed vn (although I'm just like on the second chapter).

Btw you mentioned you play vn on your phone. Could you please tell me how you go about it in pm just cause I really want to read some that I can take on the go rather than not having a vn when I'm on the go. Never done it before and tried fate hollow yet it didn't seem to work when I tried it.

Plot wise it might not be a "kamige" but it's decent for an indie developed vn (although I'm just like on the second chapter).

Btw you mentioned you play vn on your phone. Could you please tell me how you go about it in pm just cause I really want to read some that I can take on the go rather than not having a vn when I'm on the go. Never done it before and tried fate hollow yet it didn't seem to work when I tried it.

Well I've always had my reservations on indies so I can't really gauge how good a typical indie vn is (only indie vn I've finished reading was ddlc).

The number of vns that I have on my phone is quite limited compared to the ones I have on my tablet so I would recommend getting a Windows tablet since the variety is much wider. However, if you really want to know, I've sent you a pm.

Edited by wei

I am seriously loving dies irae only on its second route but just... Its mind blowing great and people been telling me its only going to get better. Finishing the next route later today

Just an ost that's been in my head for the past week. Although minor spoilers for the ost below

I am seriously loving dies irae only on its second route but just... Its mind blowing great and people been telling me its only going to get better. Finishing the next route later today

Just an ost that's been in my head for the past week. Although minor spoilers for the ost below

Wow it gives me a lot of Fate Stay Night feels for some reason. It's a battle royale too, right?

Meanwhile I'm at the last episode of Higurashi Kai , but as of the time of writing, I'm getting so bored from the lack of events. Episode 7 was such a great read but Episode 8 is kinda meh (for now at least, I'm still somewhat in the middle of it; but I know it will probably get more interesting towards the end). 

Edited by wei

Wow it gives me a lot of Fate Stay Night feels for some reason. It's a battle royale too, right?

Meanwhile I'm at the last episode of Higurashi Kai , but as of the time of writing, I'm getting so bored from the lack of events. Episode 7 was such a great read but Episode 8 is kinda meh (for now at least, I'm still somewhat in the middle of it; but I know it will probably get more interesting towards the end).

Yep it's simliar to fsn in terms of battle but it has its own twists and turns. First route for me at least felt a lot like fsn but as I play through the 2nd route is changes and becomes something entirely different yet beautifully crafted.

I've started on Wonderful Everyday. Nothing disturbing as of yet but I will probably be mentally scarred for the next few weeks after I finish reading it.

Edited by wei

I've started on Wonderful Everyday. Nothing disturbing as of yet but I will probably be mentally scarred for the next few weeks after I finish reading it.

I hope you have as much fun as I did rlytearpls.png

i sure cant keep my own word, can i?? 

i just started another game even tho i should finished the ones i already started... twitch.gif

but hey i guess i can play a visual novel and a rpg at the same time huh? they are different genres anyways 0u0plz.png

so after i finished apollo justice i started another visual novel that i have been willing to play for a long time and i finally started yersterday

its hotel dusk room 215 

im pretty blind in this game, idk what to expect so lets see how this one goes hurrplz.png

i sure cant keep my own word, can i?? 

i just started another game even tho i should finished the ones i already started... twitch.gif

but hey i guess i can play a visual novel and a rpg at the same time huh? they are different genres anyways 0u0plz.png

so after i finished apollo justice i started another visual novel that i have been willing to play for a long time and i finally started yersterday

its hotel dusk room 215 

im pretty blind in this game, idk what to expect so lets see how this one goes hurrplz.png

lmao I'm the same as you, except that I read multiple VNs at the same time. As for Hotel Dusk, I'm sure you will enjoy it since it's quite similar to Ace Attorney in terms of gameplay.

I just finished dies irae and gave it a 9.6 it's a great vn for what it is. I gave Muv luv Alt a 9.7 from the beginning of chapter 2/3 I was hooked right up to the end.

Going to finish off va 11 ha cyberpunk later :)