Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Favourite VN  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What is your most favourite VN (series) ?

• Muv Luv (Extra, Unlimited, Alternative)
    • Steins Gate (Steins Gate, Steins Gate 0)
    • Devil On G String
    • Danganronpa (Trigger Happy Havoc, Goodbye Despair, Killing Harmony)
    • Clannad
    • Zero Escape (Nine Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors, Virtue's Last Reward, Zero Time Dilemma)
    • Ace Attorney (Phoenix Wright, Justice For All, Trials and Tribulations, Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies, Spirit Of Justice)
    • Mystic Messenger
    • Code Realize
    • Higurashi
    • Umineko
    • Little Busters
    • Rewrite
    • Grisaia (Fruit of Grisaia, Labyrinth of Grisaia, Eden of Grisaia)
    • Katawa Shoujo
    • Chaos Child
    • Chaos Head Noah
    • Fate Stay Night
    • Ever17
    • Tsukihime
    • Doki Doki Literature Club
    • 428 Shibuya Scramble
    • Sharin no Kuni
    • Amnesia (Amnesia, Amnesia World)
    • Others (Please specify)
  2. 2. How many VNs have you finished?

I want to try a visual novel but I'm not sure if my laptop will handle it :horror:

Go on steam download Doki doki Literature Club and try to play it is a free vn and most other besides things like Danganronpa should work

I want to try a visual novel but I'm not sure if my laptop will handle it imhorrifiedplz.png

Most visual novels these days only require 3GB RAM at most (for older VNs it's even lower) so you should be fine

Edited by wei

Go on steam download Doki doki Literature Club and try to play it is a free vn and most other besides things like Danganronpa should work

Most visual novels these days only require 3GB RAM at most (for older VNs it's even lower) so you should be fine

:o Okay thanks

I just wasn't sure since my laptop is a MacBook Air laugh.png

I just wasn't sure since my laptop is a MacBook Air laugh.png

You might be limited to the amount of vn you cab access but there's always this option to just look at mac vn https://vndb.org/r?q=&fil=lang-en.olang-ja.plat-mac

And you could always go onto vndb and see if the vn you want to read has mac support for example Narcissu has it :)

Edited by Salieri

You might be limited to the amount of vn you cab access but there's always this option to just look at mac vn https://vndb.org/r?q=&fil=lang-en.olang-ja.plat-mac

And you could always go onto vndb and see if the vn you want to read has mac support for example Narcissu has it smile.png

I just wasn't sure since my laptop is a MacBook Air laugh.png

If i may add, you can also use Wine to play some Windows-based VNs

Edited by wei

And you could always go onto vndb and see if the vn you want to read has mac support for example Narcissu has it smile.png

If i may add, you can also use Wine to play some Windows-based VNs

I managed to be able to use my desktop after all(turns out something needed to get updated), and I managed to play and finish Doki Doki. 

At first I was about to stop playing but then it got really disturbing so I brought myself to finish it. It was well done and I'm more than likely going to play more VNs

I love how the only courtroom VN available is Ace Attorney, definitely love that series too much. It's easy and hard at the same time. I may be the first person who'll say that Apollo Justice is the best one for me, because unlike other series I can get how all cases are linked to each other and I like that concept.

999 and Danganronpa series are MUST plays. 999 was very tense but also very exciting. I really recommend Danganronpa: Goodbye Despair because that game is just gold and full of twist. Haven't played the third version yet but SD2 >>>>>>>>>>>

It's not a Japanese visual novel but you should defo try Nusantara. Probably one of the best romance visual novel game ever. For horror there are Sleepless Night series. For romance there are also Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side series.

I love how the only courtroom VN available is Ace Attorney, definitely love that series too much. It's easy and hard at the same time. I may be the first person who'll say that Apollo Justice is the best one for me, because unlike other series I can get how all cases are linked to each other and I like that concept.

Apollo Justice? Well that one's pretty good but Trials and Tribulations is probably the best one for me. Everything from previous cases link up to the final case which imo is definitely the best Ace attorney case of all time

Edited by wei

I managed to be able to use my desktop after all(turns out something needed to get updated), and I managed to play and finish Doki Doki. 

At first I was about to stop playing but then it got really disturbing so I brought myself to finish it. It was well done and I'm more than likely going to play more VNs

You're fast lol I have the game in my Android phone for months and I still have yet to complete it

Apollo Justice? Well that one's pretty good but Trials and Tribulations is probably the best one for me. Everything from previous cases link up to the final case which imo is definitely the best Ace attorney case of all time

Guess that I have an unpopular opinion xD Trials and Tribulations is also good. I love the heavy storyline of the prosecutor.

I've added a new question to the poll. If you've already voted, you can delete your vote and vote again.

Edited by wei

I'm glad you enjoyed doki doki now try out saya no uta ;)

On the topic about vn outside of Japan I would reccomened this vn https://vndb.org/v16743Lucy, such a great read despite it's length  :)

I'm glad you enjoyed doki doki now try out saya no uta ;)

On the topic about vn outside of Japan I would reccomened this vn https://vndb.org/v16743Lucy, such a great read despite it's length  smile.png

I heard that one is even more disturbing 0u0plz.png

And I'll check out Lucy! :)

And I'll check out Lucy! smile.png

If you think that's going to disturb you I would definatly tell you to read Higurashi and Corpse party

And I'll check out Lucy! smile.png

If you think that's going to disturb you I would definatly tell you to read Higurashi and Corpse party

Add Umineko to the mix as well. Since you are easily disturbed, I think you shouldn't go for VNs like Wonderful Everyday. Kara no Shoujo or Swan Song

Add Umineko to the mix as well. Since you are easily disturbed, I think you shouldn't go for VNs like Wonderful Everyday. Kara no Shoujo or Swan Song

Don't turn them off for the beauty of Subahibi. I'm currently reading it >.<

I'm not exactly sure what happens in Saya and I don't think it'll be that bad laugh.png

I like horror even if there are disturbing moments so I'll more than likely check out Saya anyway :o

i just finished Cross Channel and it was didn't quite match my expectations. 7/10 for me

Edited by wei

After months of dilly dallying, I've finally finished Doki Doki Literature Club. Here are my thoughts:

This was the first metagame I've played so

naturally I was quite surprised when some characters were aware they are in a game (i.e Monika,Sayori).

Overall, it was a pleasant and unique experience but since it concentrates on user interaction rather than on plot and character development (which I feel are the most important in a VN), I think that it has room to improve on. Also, I wasn't as disturbed as I'd hoped so it was kind of a downer. Nevertheless, I would highly recommend it to a VN beginner since it's quite short and easy to complete.

7/10 for me

Edited by wei

After months of dilly dallying, I've finally finished Doki Doki Literature Club. Here are my thoughts:

This was the first

metagame

I've played so

naturally I was quite surprised when some characters were aware they are in a game (i.e Monika,Sayori).

Overall, it was a pleasant and unique experience but since it concentrates on user interaction rather than on plot and character development (which I feel are the most important in a VN), I think that it has room to improve on. Also, I wasn't as disturbed as I'd hoped so it was kind of a downer. Nevertheless, I would highly recommend it to a VN beginner since it's quite short and easy to complete.

7/10 for me

I'm glad you enjoyed it :) hmm as for the distrubed part I guess to each their own since I was kinda..... O.o during the beginning but that was it.

BTW what vn are you reading now?

I'm glad you enjoyed it smile.pnghmm as for the distrubed part I guess to each their own since I was kinda..... O.o during the beginning but that was it.

BTW what vn are you reading now?

I guess so, since I'm already accustomed to seeing

death

and have seen much worse things in other VNs LOL

To answer your question, I'm actively reading Kara no Shojo 2 and Eden of Grisaia and passively reading Grisaia Phantom Trigger and Higurashi Kai at the moment

Edited by wei

Ok I know I may be quite late at this, but apparently there will be a (sort of) remake for Steins Gate called Steins Gate Elite which will be released in March for Nintendo Switch, PS4 and PSV. There will be new routes (at least not in the anime; probably the same as the original Steins Gate since the anime only has 1 route anyways) and it will follow style of the anime instead of having the traditional static images. What I don't get is that it is described as a “full animation adventure game†but the genre is visual novel. So is it an adventure game or VN lmao

Anyways, for more information:

https://www.play-asia.com/steinsgate-elite/13/70bhfh?tagid=1265463

P.S English version will probably take quite a while

Edited by wei

Ok I know I may be quite late at this, but apparently there will be a (sort of) remake for Steins Gate called Steins Gate Elite which will be released in March for Nintendo Switch, PS4 and PSV. There will be new routes (at least not in the anime; probably the same as the original Steins Gate since the anime only has 1 route anyways) and it will follow style of the anime instead of having the traditional static images. What I don't get is that it is described as a “full animation adventure game†but the genre is visual novel. So is it an adventure game or VN lmao

Anyways, for more information:

https://www.play-asia.com/steinsgate-elite/13/70bhfh?tagid=1265463

P.S English version will probably take quite a while

Credit :uploader

Not looking forward to this as I'm really sceptical about how they are doing it.

I'm so close to finishing subahibi and I must say it's really an excellent vn to go though.