BTS SNSD GOT7 NCT KARD Wanna One Day6 RIRI OH! Press

12 replies to this topic

#1 Alisonn

Alisonn

(。◕‿◕。) ✿ ♥

• Oh!Pressor
  • 5,307 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:30 AM (Edited by Alisonn, 21 October 2017 - 11:49 PM.)

OH-Blog-Monthly-Updates.png

Hey, it’s me again.  It’s been a while hasn’t it?  With a whole season passing before our eyes, we were bound for another recap.  So these are the magnificent articles you may have missed on the blog in the last month or probably three.  It’s a long list, so snuggle tight with your pumpkin spiced lattes (or any other drink, because pumpkin spiced lattes aren’t all that great anyway). 

OH-Press-GA.png

OH! Press Talk: Do co-ed groups work?

In recent years, the music industry has seen countless idol group debuts, but why are so few of them Co-ed?  With KARD’s recent debut, the team reflects on the success of co-ed groups, both past and upcoming.

Korean-Ent-Banner.png

Harmful K-Pop body culture and why it has to stopby choiyujins

“The camera adds 10 pounds”.  It’s a phrase we have all heard at least once.  Yet, there are still expectations for K-pop idols to uphold South Korean ideals.  How have these expectations negatively affected these young and still growing idols?  Read to find out more. 

Life lessons “Fight My Way” had taught us by SLY

It’s needless to say that many of the lessons we’ve heard iterated in dramas, are cliche yet inspirational.  Fight My Way, starring Park Seo Joon and Kim Ji Won, is no exception.  Presented are the many meaningful lessons, you should take away from the show.

A Killer Comeback: How Cube Entertainment Turned it Around by choiyujins

In the past few years many drastic changes have occurred for Cube.  From losing Highlight (formerly Beast under the company) to disbanding 4Minute, did Cube manage to make a strong comeback?

10 idol groups with large eldest-maknae age gaps! by SLY

Ever looked up a group and realised how big some of the age gaps between the members were?  SLY presents a list of some of the biggest K-pop age gaps. 

Artist Spotlight: Seo In Guk by SLY

Is he an actor?  Is he a singer?  SLY brings the spotlight on the incredibly talented and versatile, Seo In Guk.

Fandom Corner: Debunking Myths and Misconceptions About The New Generation by Sansa

How much do you know about the new generation of idols?  How many of these things you’ve heard are myths or misconceptions?  Read to find out.

First Impressions: While You Were Sleeping by Wasta

Suzy and Lee Jong Seok head line currently airing SBS drama, While You Were Sleeping.  Is this entirely pre-filmed drama, worth the excitement and weekly anticipation?  Wasta shares her initial thoughts on the series. 

The Power of THREE! : How three 3-membered sub-units painted their own different color by SLY

They say good things comes in pairs, so terrific things must come in threes right?  SLY features 3 member sub units in a piece about their individual colours.

[Concert Review] WILD KARD 2017 THE 1ST TOUR IN AMERICA PT. 2 #WILDKARDinDC by Sakura Hanaro

After being blessed with the opportunity to see KARD live, Sakura Hanaro recounts the events of the night.  Want to know what it's like to see them in person?  Read the article to find out. 

2017 SF9 BE MY FANTASY IN USA Tour Info by Sakura Hanaro

FNC’s South Korean boygroup SF9 is coming to America.  Want to catch them live?  Find out more about locations, times and ticket sales in this post.  

How APRIL Hit a Turkey in 2017 K-Pop’s Discography by SLY

Want to know what ‘hit a turkey’ means?  Read this informative piece on DSP’s girl group April and find out at the same time. 

SNSD’s 10th Year: A Fan’s Perspective by Sapphic

SNSD’s career as a group has spanned over 10 years and they undoubtedly are one of the influential girl groups of the last generation.  With recent news of their contract renewals, Sapphic shares her perspective on the events of their 10th anniversary.

Music-Review-Banner.png

Album Review – NCT #127’s Mini Album ‘Cherry Bomb’by LeeTaeyong’sWife

The highly anticipated return of NCT 127 was released in June.  Did these 6 new songs, live up to the anticipation?

Album Review: Wanna One – 1X1=1 (TO BE ONE) by Rinne

After taking part in the highly buzzed second season of the audition program Produce 101, the 11 chosen members have made their highly anticipated debut with 1X1=1.  Does this album show us why they have become the monster rookies of the year?

Album Review: Weki Meki – WEME by Rinne

Having previewed many of the members of Fantagio’s new girl group in the first season of Produce 101, fans were excited to see the girls once again.  Weki Meki made their debut with a mini album titled WEME on August 8.  Do the girls bring anything new to this highly fluctuating market?  

Album Review: ONF-ON/OFF by sunmo

Another debut this year, this time by WM’s boy group ONF.  With an energetic and upbeat 5 track album, was sunmo left anticipating their future works? 

Single Review: Gugudan 5959/OGUOGU – ICE CHU

Gugudan’s first subunit comprising of group members Kang Mina and Cho Hyeyeon have released a single entitled ICE CHU.  What new side does this subunit have to offer?  Read on to find out Rinne’s opinion.

Single Review: DAY6 – Every Day 6 August by SLY

Another month means another Day6 release.  Adding 'What Can I Do' to their very solid title track list, was this more playful sounding track everything SLY was expecting from them?

Album Review: Golden Child – Gol-Cha! by SLY

Another debut, this time from Wollim’s boy group Golden Child. Can I say anything is different?  I may not be able to, but SLY definitely can. 

Album Review: HyunA – Following by Wasta

After resigning, HyunA has returned as a soloist with a 5 track mini album.  With features from two Pentagon members, has the one of most successful female idols shown us exactly why she’s deserving of her position?  

Album Review: Primary – Pop by black_miri

One of the most prominent Korean Hip Hop and RnB artists, Primary has made his return with a 6 track mini album, featuring many many popular K-pop idols.  Are the idols comparable to his last album with non-idol vocalists? 

Album Review: B.A.P – Blue by coconut water

B.A.P releases the third edition to their colour themed series, this time featuring the colour blue in a three track single album.  Taking a step away from their usual dark style, the group has up taken a more energetic summer melody. 

Album Review: VIXX LR – Whisper by SLY

VIXX’s subunit VIXX LR, comprising of members Leo and Ravi return after a 2 year hiatus.  Did the long wait allow them to seek out the best new tracks to present to fans?

Album Review: PRISTIN – The 2nd Mini Album ‘SCHXXL OUT by Rinne 

Another rookie group with the previous I.O.I members, but this time it’s not a debut. PRISTIN returns with a second mini, featuring 5 tracks penned by the very talented members. 

Album Review: Lee Gikwang – One by black_miri

Do you guys remember AJ?  Well, 8 years after his debut, he has returned, but this time using his real name Lee Gikwang.  Has the many years of experience as an idol in a group added to his diversity and presence as a soloist?

Album Review: BTS – Love Yourself 承 Her by coconut water 

The highly anticipated return of one of South Korea’s currently most popular boy groups has graced the ears of fans.  What does coconut water think of this new album?

Single Review : DAY6 – EveryDAY6 September by SLY

Another month means another fabulous pop-rock track from South Korean band Day6.  Returning with their usual mellow track is 'I Love You' on SLY’s playlist?

Single Review : DAY6 – EveryDAY6 October by SLY

Is it time to add another Day6 to your playlist already?  This time they return with 'When you love someone' as a title track.  It even features Sungjin’s cute satoori confession.  

Album Review: B1A4 – Rollin’ by black_miri

B1A4 has returned with a versatile extended play entitled Rollin’.  Does it live up to black_miri’s expectations of the group?

Song Review: P.O – MEN’z NIGHT (feat. Chancellor) by coconut water

Block’s P.O has made his first official solo debut.  What new sound does he have to offer?  Will he become an artist you can always trust?

Song Review: Doyoung (NCT), Sejeong (Gugudan) – Star Blossom (SM STATION) by Rinne

Oh look, another SM Station song.  This time featuring NCT’s Doyoung and the current rising star Gugudan’s Sejeong.  What more is there to say?

Album Review: GOT7 – 7 for 7 by SLY

GOT7 returns with a 7 track album, titled 7 for 7.  Is this a coincidence?  Find out if Jinyoung is still as beautiful.  Well he obviously is, so just read the review. 

Album Review: Highlight - Celebrate by Sansa

After many name struggles with Cube, Highlight has rebranded and released a follow up to their highly successful ‘debut’.  Does this follow up live up to expectations? 

OHChart-Results-RB.png

OH! Chart is our weekly charts for OneHallyu.  Points are obtained using a combination of Korean physical and digitals, in addition with your votes.  

OH! Chart Results – Consistent contenders by krusty95

OH! Chart Results: Challengers stake claims by krusty95

OH! Chart Results: Newbie claims crown by krusty95

OH! Chart Results: Revived regulars by krusty95 

OH! Chart Results: Tight finish to triple crown by krusty95

OH! Chart Results: Debutants dig deep by krusty95

OH! Chart Results: Former winner returns by krusty95 

OH! Chart Results: Boy group blitzes field by krusty95

OH! Chart Results: BTS dances to landslide win by krusty95 

OH!Chart Results: Duo returns to field by krusty95

Japanese-Ent-Banner.png

[Up & Coming J-pop] Jr. EXILE from PROJECT TARO by SakuraHanaro

In 2014, a group of young candidates were selected from highly competitive auditions to develop their talents and global appeal in an entertainment-drive education program, known as PROJECT TARO. Sakura introduces you to the members that formed Jr. EXILE.

A Noob’s Guide to Anime Cliches by choiyujins

Ever watched an anime and encountered a completely illogical nosebleed from one of the characters?  And the amount of blood they’re losing too, makes you wonder how are they not dead?  Well that’s only one of the many anime cliches, what other anime cliches are there?  Check out choiyujin’s list and see if you have anything else to add. 

The End of an Era – Fairy Tail’s Final Chapter and Full Series Review by LeeTaeyeong’sWife

“Do fairies have tails? More than that do fairies even exist? Nobody knows for sure. So this guild is like them. An eternal mystery, An eternal adventure.”  With the adventure for readers coming to an end after 11 years in July, LeeTaeyong’sWife reviews her journey with the series. 

Fall 2017 Anime Simulcast: My Watchlist by SakuraHarano

A new season, presents a new set of animes to sit down and enjoy.  SakuraHaruno shares her picks for this fall.  Read to find out which ones she has chosen.

[Interview] Feel the Energy with FlowBack by SakuraHarano

Previously an Indie band, the five member Japanese boy group FlowBack, answers our exclusive interview questions for them.  It’s an interview that you definitely don’t want to miss out on!

BANANALEMON, New Digital Single “I WANNA, I WANNA” + VOGUE Event by Sakura Harano

BANANALEMON is back.  Includes more updates on this incredibly talented 4 member group.

[Interview] Get a Rush of R&B with RIRI by Sakura Harano

Chosen by Spotify Japan as one of the “Most Anticipated Artists” of 2017, RIRI answers our exclusive questions on both her past and future.  Get to know more about the talented artist in this interview!

Album Review: E-girls – Love☆Queen by Sakura Harano

After reforming to 11 members, E-Girls returns with their 19th single.  With 4 new tracks, has the group managed to work around the members no longer present?

“Anime” Review: Neo Yokio Season 1 by Wasta

“Netflix and anime are two words that have been at odds with each other lately, and what is more questionable than an anime produced by Netflix themselves? Enter Neo Yokio, the Netflix original animated show starring the voice acting talents of this generation’s greatest philosopher Jaden Smith and all the absurdity you’d expect of such a venture.”  Just click to continue reading, I know you want to. 

[Interview] Explore the World of Touhou Project with BUTAOTOME by Sakura Harano

BUTAOTOME is a doujin music circle, focusing on Touhou Project vocal arrangements.   Sakura writes on our exclusive interview with this truly unique group.  It’s a very interesting read.

Classroom of the Elite Vol.3 - Prologue by black_miri

The first release of OH! Press' new project is a translation of Classroom of the Elite Vol.3.  Classroom of the Elite is a Japanese light novel series, written by Shougo Kinugasa and illustrated by Shunsaku Tomose. It's a very intriguing story, so make sure to check it out.  

Chinese-Ent-Banner.png

Drama Review: Princess Agents by Alisonn

The only drama to have exceeded 40 billion views throughout its run, Princess Agents was possibly one of the most anticipated dramas of 2017.  But did it live up to the hype? 

Drama Recap: Lost Love in Times Episode 21-24 by Alisonn

Starring Liu Shi Shi and William Chan, Lost Love in Times airing schedule consisted of 4 episodes a week.  When my internet returned from its month long death, I shared a recap on the four most recently aired episodes.  

Op-Ed: The Great Wall of Hollywood by Wasta

Zhang Yimou is one of China’s most critically acclaimed and successful directors.  Returning with The Great Wall starring Matt Damon, can he meet similar success in Hollywood?  Or is there an invisible war that separates him from the market? 

Single Review : Yoona 如果妳也想起我 (When The Wind Blows) by lipslocked

SNSD’s visual, the gorgeous Yoona recently released 'When The Wind Blows' for SM Station.  Singing in both Korean and English, lipslocked reviews the Chinese version. Find out if Yoona really is singing to a girl like the Chinese title suggests.  

Drama Review: Lost Love in Times by Alisonn

The team behind Journey of Flowers, returns with Lost Love in Times, starring Liu Shi Shi and William Chan.  With interesting hair-styles and clothing, did Lost Love in Times become a must watch for me?  Read to find out, read even if you don’t want to find out, just read it!

You made it to the end of this post.  Wow, just wow.  Do your fingers hurt from all the scrolling?  If they do, I offer a virtual hug, because I really can’t do anything else. Make sure to read and leave your comments on the articles.~

giphy.webp

Incase you missed them, here are our other recaps.

Update 1 Update 2  Update 3 | Update 4 | Update 5 | Update 6 | Update 7 | Update 8 Update 9

Follow us on Twitter and on Facebook to keep up to date with the articles on the blog and OH! Charts. 

Remember to participate in our writing contest and our giveaway.  And don't forget to cast your vote on OH! Charts.  

#2 Mees Madds

Mees Madds

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,518 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:18 AM

I wish someone had reviewed Bobby's album Love and Fall. It's a great album, with surprising new sides of Bobby. Did we have to request it to be reviewed?

#3 Alisonn

Alisonn

(。◕‿◕。) ✿ ♥

• Oh!Pressor
  • 5,307 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:44 PM

I wish someone had reviewed Bobby's album Love and Fall. It's a great album, with surprising new sides of Bobby. Did we have to request it to be reviewed?

Unfortunately, at the moment we don't have a review request option, but I do believe it's a great suggestion, so we'll look into it.

#4 Mees Madds

Mees Madds

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,518 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:46 PM

Unfortunately, at the moment we don't have a review request option, but I do believe it's a great suggestion, so we'll look into it.

Oh, thank you! It would be nice to hear another opinion about it.

#5 BeautifulMoon

BeautifulMoon

Trainee

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:55 PM

"It’s needless to say that many of the lessons we’ve heard iterated in dramas, are cliche yet inspirational.  Fight My Way, starring Seo Kang Joon and Kim Ji Won,"

Pssst... it's Park Seo Joon. 

#6 boomimo

boomimo

• PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationMEiNE

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

I love NCT 127's reviews, so detailed and minusious and i'm kinda agree with pristin's new mini too. Thanks ohbi.png

#7 Kami

Kami

yo girls lesbian crush

• PipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts
  • Location( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆ walking down the street in my brand new car

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:52 PM

Cherry bomb: 4/5

lol 

#8 Alisonn

Alisonn

(。◕‿◕。) ✿ ♥

• Oh!Pressor
  • 5,307 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:57 PM

"It’s needless to say that many of the lessons we’ve heard iterated in dramas, are cliche yet inspirational.  Fight My Way, starring Seo Kang Joon and Kim Ji Won,"

Pssst... it's Park Seo Joon. 

Lol thanks for that.  I don't even know why I wrote Seo Kang Joon, when I knew it was Park Seo Joon..

#9 SLY™

SLY™

learning how to hoe with the supreme gay icon hoeng joochan

• Oh!Pressor
  • 22,017 posts
  • Locationdoing something sexy and inhumane to mark tuan's body

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:15 AM

I may not be able to, but SLY definitely can. 

of course i can im one of golden child's five fans

:datass:

#10 duyensss

duyensss

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Locationvietnam

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:44 AM

bts

#11 Puzzle1

Puzzle1

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:38 AM (Edited by Puzzle1, 07 November 2017 - 12:00 AM.)

hurrplz.png 

#12 Goblin

Goblin

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:16 PM

#13 LuuveEXO

LuuveEXO

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationEXO's House

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:29 AM

amgplz.png

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Recap, BTS, SNSD, GOT7, NCT, KARD, Wanna One, Day6, RIRI, OH! Press

Up, Up and Away!