Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TyphoonParadox

Why is there a lack of Jpop fans internationally compared to Kpop?

There also are a lack of subs,covers,dance covers etc. The music video's are there but there aren't many subbers compared to Kpop. I know people speak Japanese so they can sub the vids.

Also usually only extremely popular groups have some(a small amount) of subs for variety shows/pv's. It's the same for Cpop but China is huge so I don't know why there is a lack of subbers.

Does Jpop just not appeal to many people if you can get past the bad idol groups not all but some,you will find very talented underrate groups.

I really wanted to find another •C-ute fan to talk to so I tried Omegle it took a while for someone to come up who was looking for the jpop girl group C-ute. I tried an experiment I typed in a Kpop group Bts and on the first try someone came up.

In the past when I went on the sight it was always easy to talk to someone who liked Bts or B.A.P.

Was anime one of the main causes which got people into Jpop/Jrock?

youtube made Kpop

Japan hates youtube, so the fans never really accumulated, i think if JE had an official account..the numbers would be comparable to some degree since boyband stans is the backbone of Kpop

Jpop was bigger pre/early youtube but most of those fans are old now or became Kpop ones, also since the divas, the only act to catch on is Perfume/Kyary :(

not even these baby JEs groups are as big as NEWS was when I got into Jpop in 2006/2007

the jpop market is very insular now... it's much harder to get access to songs and albums without physically buying the cd, or just illegally downloading since youtube is a no-go. kpop is more accessible since most releases are on iTunes or download sites and youtube which makes it easier to casually try something new

jpop had burgeoning popularity in the late 90s/early 00s thanks to vidjer games and napster and etc, but since then even I've found it very difficult to keep up with because it's so closed off

because japan likes to copyright.

Japan remove videos and take them down that is why...

• Seems like more older people are into jpop.

A lot of the idol group jpop sucks

Good kpop is easy to find on Youtube, good jpop is not

Many Japanese singers have that "Japanese" singing style and it's... unique

youtube made Kpop

Japan hates youtube, so the fans never really accumulated, i think if JE had an official account..the numbers would be comparable to some degree since boyband stans is the backbone of Kpop

Jpop was bigger pre/early youtube but most of those fans are old now or became Kpop ones, also since the divas, the only act to catch on is Perfume/Kyary :(

not even these baby JEs groups are as big as NEWS was when I got into Jpop in 2006/2007

JE is full of fugs dont even. 

Everything that's already been mentioned. Plus the fact that jpop doesn't really depend financially on an international market. Since the Japanese Music Industry is so big, they don't need to cater to an international market to make money. 

Arashi may have a lot less fans than say Suju, but they make a lot more money. 

Basically what others said above me.

It's not easy to access most of their music.

Kpop on the other hand is marketed globally. Their official youtube pages is an example.

JE is full of fugs dont even. 

ummm and Kpop ones are so hot right....i don't do boybands but they are quite similar

minus the abs, which most new Kpop ones don't even bank on like TVXQ/2PM did and they are the same, I mean EXO looks like a JE group  than a Kpop one tbh

hard to find on youtube and even if you find jpop vids the titles usually are not in english

ummm and Kpop ones are so hot right....i don't do boybands but they are quite similar

minus the abs, which most new Kpop ones don't even bank on like TVXQ/2PM did and they are the same, I mean EXO looks like a JE group  than a Kpop one tbh

kpop guys attract girls who like girly boys, which is what guy group fans are all like.

je just have bad hairstyles 

:)

Japan doesn't harness the internet the way kpop does. Especially Youtube. I remember trying to find Arashi's music videos for Hana Yori Dango on YT. It was impossible. I had to go to a no name site with crappy quality. 

Japan likes to copyright.

Japanese PVs are hard to find on Youtube.

J-pop/J-rock was as popular as K-pop is now in the early 2000s.

As important as YouTube is; I feel like international jpop fans don't really promote the genre as in they aren't as loud as Kpop fans are. Kpop is all over social media and micro blogging sites such as Tumblr and groups have forums and fan sites. If jpop fans would step up more, I think more people would notice.

The lack of subs kills me because I never get to understand what my favs are saying.

Lot of J-pop fans like their artist solely because music, not because attitude, var. Etc. So they dont need to see variety show with subs.

Most find the artist trough anime..jpop fans is very underground, people who dont like jpop will never know how HUGE jpop outside japan, because their fans is quite and calm in internet.

And they dont care about youtube view, ranking, wall u cant climb, etc.

And u will be surprise how jpop is more popular than kpop in europe! Look how many time jpop artist make a concert in europe compare to kpop. Lot of jpop already have routine tour in europe, but only 4-5 group from kpop.

Because J-Pop isn't pushed internationally like K-Pop is, because it doesn't need to be (financially speaking of course, since at the root, that's all that really matters). Also, the only time you're really get exposed, unintentionally per se, to J-Pop is through anime lol.

cuz we actually have to work to find the music lol

and majority of us are older.  we dont relly do the whole fandom thing. though i believe a lot of jpop fans buy the music.

Because Jpop has the largest market they don't need America's approval. They also don't care if they go international as much as kpop does.

Jpop vidoes are on dailymotion just fine.

Lot of J-pop fans like their artist solely because music, not because attitude, var. Etc. So they dont need to see variety show with subs.

Most find the artist trough anime..jpop fans is very underground, people who dont like jpop will never know how HUGE jpop outside japan, because their fans is quite and calm in internet.

And they dont care about youtube view, ranking, wall u cant climb, etc.

And u will be surprise how jpop is more popular than kpop in europe! Look how many time jpop artist make a concert in europe compare to kpop. Lot of jpop already have routine tour in europe, but only 4-5 group from kpop.

These people don't know just how big jpop still is. All they think about is that it's anime music. It has more genre's than kpop and less gimmicks.