• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 remembering

remembering

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,882 posts
  • Locationworld

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:53 PM (Edited by remembering, 12 October 2017 - 03:56 PM.)

YGE went on a hiatus for the September releases. They were shit to Bobby and Sechskies.

Anybody tell you otherwise is lying.

KBS and MBC have been mostly offline anyways but YG was still shit.

#22 blue7kaoru

blue7kaoru

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,378 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:23 PM

Actually they had been disbanded for 16 years when YG signed them. And being that one of the members, Jaijin, is YG's brother-in-law I kind of viewed it as a favor for them that YG signed them.
They were before my time, but I like their music now and really like their personalities, especially Jiwon...but I wouldn't say they were "hot" when YG signed them. YG has put a lot of resources behind them, like concerts and stages, that they may have not otherwise gotten. They are getting well-deserved attention, but YG has helped them a lot.
A big 3 company putting resources behind a first generation group that had been disbanded for almost 20 years is unprecedented.

Yes i know they were disbanded. But i used the word "hot" because they really did get some hype when they started appearing on variety shows again as a group, so YG saw the oportunity and signed them.
I know he indeed put a lot of resources into them too but he doesn't as much since the hype is kinda gone. Anyway this is only my point of view.

#23 Puzzle1

Puzzle1

Trainee

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:06 PM

YG only cares and promoting 1 group this year .

#24 remembering

remembering

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,882 posts
  • Locationworld

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:18 PM

YG only cares and promoting 1 group this year .

2 groups

#25 skvuong

skvuong

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:12 PM (Edited by skvuong, 12 October 2017 - 08:12 PM.)

I think YG has done fairly well this year compared to the past though. We got 2 comebacks of AKMU, 2 comebacks of Winner (rumored to be a 3rd one later), Ikon comeback, GD comeback, Blackpink comeback, Taeyang comeback, Sechs Kies comeback, and One's debut too.

It does suck though that YG has beef with Mnet and KBS tho, their artist usually only promotes on SBS channels so we get less stage performances

#26 rickymouse

rickymouse

Trainee

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:48 PM

They've actually done quite a lot. Concerts. Two comebacks. Music shows. Jiwon was on New Journey to the West variety for a whole season.

No thanks to YG. 

NJTTW is a show that Jiwon has been a part of since the very start because it's made as a show to reunite 1n2d's original members. 

#27 Cinnamon

Cinnamon

Come at me, b.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,777 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:19 AM (Edited by Cinnamon, 13 October 2017 - 12:21 AM.)

we all been knew. the last time yg actually tried promoting his group/artist was back in 2011 when 2NE1 promoted their first full album and after that everything else was a mess. 

EDIT:

fans need to realize that "good promotion" isn't just about having comebacks. the artist should be in all music shows, variety shows etc he deserves to be part in at least a month not a couple of exposure then a tour....

#28 tictactoc

tictactoc

Trainee

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:08 AM

Everybody knows.

#29 sammydee

sammydee

#EXITSQUAD

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,527 posts
  • LocationMino's dorm

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:23 AM

Yg is shit anyway, winner are atleast getting gigs on their own
Please anticipate winner's youth over flowers which mino won from na pd
Yg could never

#30 remembering

remembering

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,882 posts
  • Locationworld

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:05 AM

we all been knew. the last time yg actually tried promoting his group/artist was back in 2011 when 2NE1 promoted their first full album and after that everything else was a mess.

EDIT:

fans need to realize that "good promotion" isn't just about having comebacks. the artist should be in all music shows, variety shows etc he deserves to be part in at least a month not a couple of exposure then a tour....

👏👏👏👏👏

A few artists were promoted very well this year with all that you mentioned above but the rest were left behind.

#31 godspeedlove

godspeedlove

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:41 AM

Actually they had been disbanded for 16 years when YG signed them. And being that one of the members, Jaijin, is YG's brother-in-law I kind of viewed it as a favor for them that YG signed them.
They were before my time, but I like their music now and really like their personalities, especially Jiwon...but I wouldn't say they were "hot" when YG signed them. YG has put a lot of resources behind them, like concerts and stages, that they may have not otherwise gotten. They are getting well-deserved attention, but YG has helped them a lot.
A big 3 company putting resources behind a first generation group that had been disbanded for almost 20 years is unprecedented.

Sechs Kies hot again because Infinity Challenge made a special for them

#32 TRBL.Mood

TRBL.Mood

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • Locationiglo

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:59 PM

What's new?

Sent from my SM-G920I using OneHallyu mobile app

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sechs kies, yg, nb

Up, Up and Away!