#21 PrazzyJazzy

PrazzyJazzy

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationGloating in the Grave

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:22 AM

it wasn't a bash but you completely missed the point of the article too lmao

Asdfghjkf but the article was referencing groups that had tried to break out into Western media and failed. The article even said "BTS could succeed globally". All I was saying is that if they were interested in a global market it wouldn't be as easy as having a dedicated fandom. Am I wrong? I don't think so.

Also, why would people neg me for misunderstanding an article? Generally the first course of action towards someone who's making a misinformed comment with good intent would be to correct them nicely. Not be all up in their quotes with passive agressive shade. Whatever I'm not bothered

#22 PrazzyJazzy

PrazzyJazzy

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationGloating in the Grave

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:28 AM

you completely missed the point of the article and that's embarrassing sis :unsure:  but this isn't the first time you've done something like this, so i guess that's just how you are. sorry about ur character flaw.

???

Wow, straight up rude. But this isn't the first time you've done something like this, so i guess that's just how you are. sorry about ur character flaw.

#23 HB23

HB23

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:34 AM

Asdfghjkf but the article was referencing groups that had tried to break out into Western media and failed. The article even said "BTS could succeed globally". All I was saying is that if they were interested in a global market it wouldn't be as easy as having a dedicated fandom. Am I wrong? I don't think so.

Also, why would people neg me for misunderstanding an article? Generally the first course of action towards someone who's making a misinformed comment with good intent would be to correct them nicely. Not be all up in their quotes with passive agressive shade. Whatever I'm not bothered

i didn't neg you so don't ask me, i dunno.

anyway the posts after yours actually did actually explain to you how you misunderstood the article so i'm not going to repeat what they have said. if you are really interested to know how you've misread the article then please go and read those replies if you haven't. 

#24 Monana

Monana

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts
  • LocationSuga's heart

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:47 AM

Let them while I sashay away sis It wasn't even a bash but okayyyy

No you just didn't get the point

#25 Humming_bird

Humming_bird

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:01 AM

Unnie <3

I agree with this, companies gonna try to find out what kind of marketing tool BTS had...but it really just boils down to ARMYs hustling. While other fandoms think they're too dignified and above doing dirty work (they mock ARMYs for roaching comment sections and injecting BTS in every possible opportunity) but it's seriously that kind of promotion which led to how BTS grew big. Of course BTS themselves had to hustle as well by rehearsing endlessly amidst of schedules and making music even while on tours, aside from practicing for stuff like Festa and Musters in the middle of everything.

Both parties work hard and sustain each other.

I think the ethics, and teamwork which ARMYs show also come from BTS.
BTS has developed a strong bond with ARMYs which makes the former an Idol/inspiration for the latter in real sense.

Geniune feelings, hardwork and consistency has made the bond stronger.

#26 Aliens-United

Aliens-United

⌜Giant-Killer⌟

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,970 posts
  • Location* Lying between my visual kings, AGUST D and his JUIY J, wondering if I should ever leave them for another and the answer is, 'Not Today' * Click on my sig below to visit the SugaKookie thread *

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:45 AM

Finally, a journalist who gets it. All this while I've been seeing Korean journalists trying to chalk BTS' international and Western success up to simply being active on social media, posting videos on YouTube and even this ridiculous notion that Kpop is popular among Hispanics so since the percentage of the Hispanic population has risen in the US, it's a causal relation to BTS' popularity over there which is such a reach! They just didn't and couldn't understand why BTS are so successful. You can't summarize it in just one point or a sole factor. Because many other groups share some of the same characteristics too but what makes BTS stand out?

I've often seen fans mocking other groups by saying that their bias groups offer quality over quantity, as if one is indisputably better than the other, but why do those two things have to be mutually exclusive? BTS have proved otherwise. They were able to successfully provide quality AND quantity to their fans and that is the best combination you can offer to your followers.

It wasn't JUST social media activities. It was the quality of the content they provided which they were able to do so frequently and consistently. Because if all it took for a group to gain a massive following was to post multiple selcas, then every one of them would've been equally as influential. Besides building a strong bond with their fans by sharing aspects of their lives with us through social media and live streams, they also release good content for free. The music, the covers, the mixtapes that they've published for not even a single cent are not a downgrade of their official releases. They're damn good music that makes you WANT to pay for them and regret not being able to purchase them. The topics they sing about are so relatable too and you get to learn even more about their personal stories and struggles when you break down their lyrics. It was also through BTS that I and I'm sure many other fans also learnt bits and pieces of their culture and some historical events that happened in their country. I don't just feel like I'm bopping to them. I feel like I'm learning something from them too.

For people who think it's just social media that's the key behind everything, why do you think that while there are quite a few huge and powerful fandoms in Kpop, that ARMYs are the ones who gained a notorious reputation for roaching and promoting BTS everywhere and bringing them up in every conversation, online or offline? What drives this particular fandom to pull out all the stops and do anything we can to make sure that many other people would be exposed to BTS? What makes us so shameless in promoting our faves even in places that don't warrant such a discussion? It can't just be endless lazy spamming on social media by BTS that have turned us this way.

BTS haven't even started official promotions in the US yet and they've been making even bigger inroads into the market even without being mainstream. No one said they're going to be the next Taylor Swift or Ed Sheeran, lol, and they don't have plans to be anyway, but you can't deny that their journey upwards in the West is quite admirable for Kpop. Makes for a great story!

#27 virgobabe

virgobabe

Trainee

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:58 AM (Edited by Crystalclear18, 05 October 2017 - 07:00 AM.)

I'm not trying to be shady, but its just not realistic that BTS can break into Western mainstream media. Like you guys said, ARMY are the people most invested in BTS. They're promoting BTS. They're voting for BTS. They're buying BTS' albums. But what about the general public? They won't have enough interest in BTS or kpop for it to reach the level of pop artist like Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran.

Its not BTS or ARMYs fault btw. Kpop is too niche of a genre. Ofc I'll be rooting for BTS, because the kids have worked hard and it would be a great stepping stone for other kpop acts to branch out into an international market. I just think the chances are slim.

There will always be that person in the group who seems lost. Hehehe its okay dude, we all have imperfections.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BTS, BoA, Se7en, Rain, Wonder Girls, Psy, CL

Up, Up and Away!