BTS BoA Se7en Rain Wonder Girls Psy CL

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Hyooga

Hyooga

GLOBAL SONYEONDAN IS MY BIAS

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:41 AM (Edited by tiptoegirl, 05 October 2017 - 12:43 AM.)

DLWWEBiVAAIwn_z.jpg

DLWWD9MUIAA4neo.jpg

DLWWEBfVYAAUu0S.jpg

DLWWEBgUIAEh4eZ.jpg

#2 Youes

Youes

Escape Room Enthusiasts

• PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationAny escape room in the world, named it. I will solve it in 45 minutes (if i'm lucky)

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:48 AM (Edited by Youes, 05 October 2017 - 12:50 AM.)

Genuine feelings, hard work, and talent through something you like, is never betrayed you.

In the end, this is the true winner. The answer that people seek for more than 10 years.

4be91bc457bf203f832fdeaec7f6c2788251c73e

#3 Hixtape

Hixtape

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:52 AM

Above all, BTS knows more than anyone that the people they need to be the closest to are not a local agency, media nor overseas celebrities, but the public.

#4 Starscall

Starscall

#ForeverWithHistory

• PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationChibi Kyungjeong by Aquamaraqua

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:55 AM

Above all, BTS know more than anyone that the people they need to be the closest are not a local talent agency, media, nor overseas celebrities, bu the public.

Basically. The other stuff is good too, but tbh I feel like no one's a better promotion tool for BTS than ARMY. Isn't that why we have a logo of our own now? Honestly, it kind of feels like we're two sides of a coin these days - BTS and ARMY.  (BTS are obviously Heads, and ARMY is clearly tails. FWIW) But ultimately... it comes down to the fact that you've gotta have one to have the other.

I know we like to use that Teamwork makes the dream work quote. But it's only recently that I've realized that the teamwork mentioned isn't just the teamwork of BTS and Bighit, but that it involves ARMY as well.

#5 Hyooga

Hyooga

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:00 AM

Basically. The other stuff is good too, but tbh I feel like no one's a better promotion tool for BTS than ARMY. Isn't that why we have a logo of our own now? Honestly, it kind of feels like we're two sides of a coin these days - BTS and ARMY.  (BTS are obviously Heads, and ARMY is clearly tails. FWIW) But ultimately... it comes down to the fact that you've gotta have one to have the other.

I know we like to use that Teamwork makes the dream work quote. But it's only recently that I've realized that the teamwork mentioned isn't just the teamwork of BTS and Bighit, but that it involves ARMY as well.

Unnie <3 

I agree with this, companies gonna try to find out what kind of marketing tool BTS had...but it really just boils down to ARMYs hustling. While other fandoms think they're too dignified and above doing dirty work (they mock ARMYs for roaching comment sections and injecting BTS in every possible opportunity) but it's seriously that kind of promotion which led to how BTS grew big. Of course BTS themselves had to hustle as well by rehearsing endlessly amidst of schedules and making music even while on tours, aside from practicing for stuff like Festa and Musters in the middle of everything.

Both parties work hard and sustain each other.

#6 Hixtape

Hixtape

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:22 AM

Basically. The other stuff is good too, but tbh I feel like no one's a better promotion tool for BTS than ARMY. Isn't that why we have a logo of our own now? Honestly, it kind of feels like we're two sides of a coin these days - BTS and ARMY. (BTS are obviously Heads, and ARMY is clearly tails. FWIW) But ultimately... it comes down to the fact that you've gotta have one to have the other.

Someone on r/kpop called it something like "some serious grassroots level campaign shit" and I was surprised by how accurate that was.

BTS started from absolutely nothing and through their efforts and the efforts of the fans at home and abroad, have gotten this far. It's crazy.

#7 stigmatized

stigmatized

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Locationtucking bangtan puppy pile into bed

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:39 AM

Unnie <3 

I agree with this, companies gonna try to find out what kind of marketing tool BTS had...but it really just boils down to ARMYs hustling. While other fandoms think they're too dignified and above doing dirty work (they mock ARMYs for roaching comment sections and injecting BTS in every possible opportunity) but it's seriously that kind of promotion which led to how BTS grew big. Of course BTS themselves had to hustle as well by rehearsing endlessly amidst of schedules and making music even while on tours, aside from practicing for stuff like Festa and Musters in the middle of everything.

all of this, tbh. it's also why any new groups on the scene will be aimed towards us particularly just to see if we take the bait imo.

#8 Starscall

Starscall

#ForeverWithHistory

• PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationChibi Kyungjeong by Aquamaraqua

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:00 AM

Unnie <3 

I'd say I'm stalking you, but it's just that I was poking at things on the New bar and you happened to be there. :P 

BTS has 3 marketing tools I feel. 1. When they started communicating with us there was what felt like almost an unprecedented connection between idol and fandom. It kinda feels like ARMY knows them at least a little bit, you know? 2. Obviously ARMY is a huge part of their promotional development, because you're right. ARMY put in work. Between getting people to react to them to things like the radio campaigns now (Did you see that ARMY group who sent that one DJ flowers because they played BTS for them? Legit adorable.) 3. Their music. Not to be underestimated imho. Their music.... well, without it they'd just be 7 guys who live together and are kinda weird. You know? Bangtan isn't Bangtan without their music. It's a huge part of what makes them who they are and what's gotten them to where they are.

... All three of those are things that aren't really easy to replicate though. So, it'll be interesting as other groups try to see if they work the BTS formula I think.

Someone on r/kpop called it something like "some serious grassroots level campaign shit" and I was surprised by how accurate that was.

BTS started from absolutely nothing and through their efforts and the efforts of the fans at home and abroad, have gotten this far. It's crazy.

Haha, isn't that the reason we also keep saying things like 'we started from the bottom, now we're here'? Because I definitely feel like that's part of why that saying gets thrown around so much. lol

Spoiler

#9 DNA

DNA

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,824 posts
  • Location윤민

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:04 AM

BTS success is not from social media and Youtube, it is from their music, performance and contents of communication through social media and Youtube. The contents they polished are the key, not the method or format.

This. THIS RIGHT HERE.

#10 PrazzyJazzy

PrazzyJazzy

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationGloating in the Grave

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:06 AM (Edited by PrazzyJazzy, 05 October 2017 - 02:09 AM.)

I'm not trying to be shady, but its just not realistic that BTS can break into Western mainstream media. Like you guys said, ARMY are the people most invested in BTS. They're promoting BTS. They're voting for BTS. They're buying BTS' albums. But what about the general public? They won't have enough interest in BTS or kpop for it to reach the level of pop artist like Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran.

Its not BTS or ARMYs fault btw. Kpop is too niche of a genre. Ofc I'll be rooting for BTS, because the kids have worked hard and it would be a great stepping stone for other kpop acts to branch out into an international market. I just think the chances are slim.

#11 Hyooga

Hyooga

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:18 AM (Edited by tiptoegirl, 05 October 2017 - 02:19 AM.)

I'm not trying to be shady, but its just not realistic that BTS can break into Western mainstream media. 

No one said they will be.

Are they mainstream in the US? No. Are they extremely successful K-Pop acts in the US? Being played on mainstream radio, charting SIMULTANEOUSLY on Billboard's MAIN charts for weeks, their latest comeback being talked about by the New York Times, Rolling Stones, VoX, Spin...I'd say yes. Far beyond most K-Pop groups, probably barring only Psy. The biggest puzzle was BTS haven't even flown to the US to promote yet unlike their predecessors but they're reaping these already. 

But since you've already planted the seed and said they won't go mainstream in the West...

#12 PrazzyJazzy

PrazzyJazzy

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:22 AM

No one said they will be.

Are they mainstream in the US? No. Are they extremely successful K-Pop acts in the US? Being played on mainstream radio, charting SIMULTANEOUSLY on Billboard's MAIN charts for weeks, their latest comeback being talked about by the New York Times, Rolling Stones, VoX, Spin...I'd say yes. Far beyond most K-Pop groups, probably barring only Psy. The biggest puzzle was BTS haven't even flown to the US to promote yet unlike their predecessors but they're reaping these already. 

But since you've already planted the seed and said they won't go mainstream in the West...

whatever sis, everything i had to say was in my first post. If you didn't get it the first time you can read the post again.

#13 Delusion_Angel

Delusion_Angel

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts
  • LocationGenius Lab

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:25 AM

I'm not trying to be shady, but its just not realistic that BTS can break into Western mainstream media. Like you guys said, ARMY are the people most invested in BTS. They're promoting BTS. They're voting for BTS. They're buying BTS' albums. But what about the general public? They won't have enough interest in BTS or kpop for it to reach the level of pop artist like Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran.
Its not BTS or ARMYs fault btw. Kpop is too niche of a genre. Ofc I'll be rooting for BTS, because the kids have worked hard and it would be a great stepping stone for other kpop acts to branch out into an international market. I just think the chances are slim.

And where exactly in the article did you read that BTS is trying to go mainstream in the US? BTS and Bang PD have said multiple times that they aren't doing that, at least not directly like all the other artists/groups who tried it in the past.

The whole point of this article is that BTS or BH didn't even have to try to go mainstream in the US to gain this much success. It was all because of the fans. And the article specifically mentions RM's opinion on that matter. You can also find a bunch of other articles where Bang PD has spoken about this matter.

I just don't get why people care about this so much. Even if BTS do try it and fails, it'll be BTS, BH and ARMY's burden to bear, not anyone else's.

#14 star1016

star1016

Idol

• PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Locationasia

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:25 AM

"The confidence in their content" ..aside from all the other things unique or special to BTS ..it is also mainly this. They speak what's on their mind, share their stories which people can relate to and inspire others. Because of this, ARMYs also developed this confidence in them and their craft/content enough to keep pushing their name out there until people stop and listen. I kid you not, a non-kpop friend of mine recently converted and she's out there pushing BTS to every single person she can lol!!! It is different when you truly believe in someone. This was a great article!! Also lol at the shade that it said BTS aren't only known because of their active social media activity hurrplz.png

#15 DarknessJimin

DarknessJimin

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationChimChim

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:04 AM

Nothing in life is impossible... The sky is the limit...

The chances are slim but there's still a chance.

As an ARMY, I heard the term not realistic so many times. When BTS said they wanted a Daesang last year, everyone shot down and said it's unrealistic, turns out they won it.

#16 Hixtape

Hixtape

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:36 AM (Edited by Hixtape, 05 October 2017 - 03:37 AM.)

Haha, isn't that the reason we also keep saying things like 'we started from the bottom, now we're here'? Because I definitely feel like that's part of why that saying gets thrown around so much. lol

Spoiler

It definitely is! And now Yoongi blessed us with "started from the bottom and we're still going up". Their humble beginnings are a source of pride for them as well.

Spoiler for very very OT-ness, pls ignore:

Spoiler

I'm not trying to be shady, but its just not realistic that BTS can break into Western mainstream media. Like you guys said, ARMY are the people most invested in BTS. They're promoting BTS. They're voting for BTS. They're buying BTS' albums. But what about the general public? They won't have enough interest in BTS or kpop for it to reach the level of pop artist like Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran. Its not BTS or ARMYs fault btw. Kpop is too niche of a genre. Ofc I'll be rooting for BTS, because the kids have worked hard and it would be a great stepping stone for other kpop acts to branch out into an international market. I just think the chances are slim.

Point me to where it said they'll be the next Taylor Swift. Who even is saying that? Not them and certainly not us. The article even talks about how Namjoon said they don't plan to advance in the U.S. and the whole point they're putting across here is how BTS has done better than their predecessors without using their methods. They haven't had mainstream success, but they've had a measure of success and that's why this article was written.

#17 ren‍‍‍

ren‍‍‍

Idol

• PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:41 AM

Run sis!!! They neg squad gone get u😭😭😭

#18 PrazzyJazzy

PrazzyJazzy

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:54 AM

Run sis!!! They neg squad gone get u

Let them while I sashay away sis It wasn't even a bash but okayyyy

#19 HB23

HB23

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:10 AM

it wasn't a bash but you completely missed the point of the article too lmao

#20 space

space

☪️

• PipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • Locationsky

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:14 AM

you completely missed the point of the article and that's embarrassing sis unsure.png  but this isn't the first time you've done something like this, so i guess that's just how you are. sorry about ur character flaw.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BTS, BoA, Se7en, Rain, Wonder Girls, Psy, CL

Up, Up and Away!