Photo

Do you think plastic surgery is worth it?

plastic surgery opinion

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 EVA02

EVA02

Krystalized

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts
  • LocationIn EVA02's cockpit, cradling Asuka post mental breakdown

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:55 PM

Depends on how much you really want it. If your nose is affecting your self esteem heavily then go for it. Make sure to research the operation and its risks though

A friend of mine did her nose and she loves it. Another one did it and she's not really satisfied with the result 

#22 secondgrade

secondgrade

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

yes its worth it

talking from experience

#23 demasta

demasta

Step on Me, Yuipon

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,936 posts
  • Location🌸Yuipon🌸 ☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.°☆.。.:*・°☆。 ☆.。.:*

I don't agree with ps, but it's your choice 

If you have the money to do it, then go for it 

#24 Macbeth

Macbeth

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Locationbeen here all night

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:58 PM

If it makes you happy. The only problem I have with PS is when people have an image disorder and are allowed to use it as an outlet instead of being/getting helped.

#25 JOYLUV

JOYLUV

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:00 PM (Edited by JOYLUV, 24 September 2017 - 09:02 PM.)

yes for some cases

hqdefault.jpg

no for others

2ne1-park-bom_1378485473_af_org.jpg

#26 ☃ merry crisis ☃

☃ merry crisis ☃

ʟᴜᴄᴋʏ ʟᴜᴄᴋʏ ʟᴜᴄᴋʏ ʟᴜᴄᴋʏ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,773 posts
  • LocationI don't know what to say, except it's Christmas and we're all in misery.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:01 PM

Yea cheaper but can you guarantee your safety? I don't take risk in terms of that for me. 

Thailand has some of the best PS in the world. And their hospitals in main city speak english. I know people who went. 

Lmao Its just a thought I had and I wanted to see what others thought, plus Im a broke college student. I cant even afford the plane ticket lol

Oh well if you do decide, I would look into getting it done in asia. Thailand prob better because I know they speak English in most of their places. But always do your research if you decide.

#27 denizen mars

denizen mars

Lesbian Potato Goddess

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,419 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:06 PM (Edited by denizen mars, 24 September 2017 - 09:08 PM.)

No one can answer that for you.

personally, for me what holds me back from getting a nose job (besides the cost) is the fact that you can't breath through your nose for days and it's bruised and inflamed for months after that, longer than you would think (ofc, you can cover up with makeup, but still). Also I worry about not being impressed with results. I got braces recently as an adult, and while my smile now looks better, it doesn't look 'amazing' I guess. I just look like myself, with slightly nicer teeth. This when I went to a top orthodontist and forked over a lot of cash. So for me, I'm not sure it'd be worth it in that sense

#28 Pirine

Pirine

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationSo far in the trash I can't see the top

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:09 PM

personally, for me what holds me back from getting a nose job (besides the cost) is the fact that you can't breath through your nose for days and it's bruised and inflamed for months after that, longer than you would think (ofc, you can cover up with makeup, but still). So for me, I'm not sure it'd be worth it in that sense

What you cant breath through your nose? Yeah I dunno if thats worth it for me either, I refuse to breath through my mouth loI its uncomfortable.

#29 Twice's Cotton Candy

Twice's Cotton Candy

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Locationthe country everyone is obsessed with ( America :] )

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:11 PM

People spend their money on a lot more stupid crap than PS.

#30 SouplordSha

SouplordSha

Trainee

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:14 PM

I think it depends on the person. If it's something that you want and feel would make you a happier person overall, go for it. However, make sure to weigh out the pros and cons first; it's an expensive decision.

#31 denizen mars

denizen mars

Lesbian Potato Goddess

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,419 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:17 PM

What you cant breath through your nose? Yeah I dunno if thats worth it for me either, I refuse to breath through my mouth loI its uncomfortable.

well, if you get rhinoplasty they have to put stitches and cotton in it and wait for the blood to clot (and then you're not supposed to disturb the clot even after they remove the cotton), so yeah. 

I just remember that even when I got oral surgery for medical reasons, I despised not being able to eat solid food for more than a week without wincing... it's all those little things that you take for granted that you then can't do while healing, even if only for a short while

#32 Dancingking

Dancingking

Idol

• PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationDeep inside nuguland

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:17 PM

It depends if your nose is noticeably different than your goal but it's your decision. But you might cut off some of your friends if they bring down your nose job and call you fake because friends shouldn't and aren't supposed to judge what you do with your face. Try going to Korea or Thailand for PS it'll save cash and plus you get a vacation if you decide that.

#33 Hosh

Hosh

언제나 화끈하게

• Translator
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationI Love Hoshi I Love Hoshi I Love Hoshi I Love Hoshi I Love Hoshi I Love Hoshi I Love Hoshi I Love Hoshi I Love Hoshi I Love Hoshi I Love Hoshi I Love Hoshi I Love Hoshi

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:20 PM

if i had the money i'd have had a different nose years ago

#34 denizen mars

denizen mars

Lesbian Potato Goddess

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,419 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:28 PM

Try going to Korea or Thailand for PS it'll save cash and plus you get a vacation if you decide that.

see, people always say this, but I wouldn't really feel like living it up or vacationing after having surgery, I'd want to be home in a familiar place and lay in bed while getting over the anesthesia and pain and also not have to worry about getting back on a plane and dealing with all the joys that international travel brings in a few days

like I know it's way cheaper abroad but it doesn't exactly sound like a barrel of fun

#35 kimchidiablo

kimchidiablo

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:37 PM

Yes if u got tons of money & can afford best surgeon.
And i heard the maintanance is kinda costly too.

#36 october

october

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • Locationサツキとメイの家

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:44 AM

yes if you want it

#37 Zroi

Zroi

Idol

• PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationRunning away from the Pied Piper. He wants the Best of Me, but Not Today.

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

Depends on you. If you have a body image disorder, surgery won't fix that. But if you want to fix your nose because you can and it will improve your looks, go for it, I say. But just make sure you go to a reputable surgeon! 

#38 ideonsshi

ideonsshi

✩ u n i v e r s e ✩

• PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:53 AM

if you love to play with your nose or either way, then don't even consider doing it. if you have sensitive skin too, don't.

if you have enough investment and already think of the consequences post-surgery, then fine. for me it's unnecessary, tho.

#39 Gilean

Gilean

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:08 AM

Unless somebody has some sort of disfigurement I would say no. 

#40 Violymph

Violymph

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

if you're satisfied with the results and you have the money, sure go ahead

wouldn't do it to myself though

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plastic surgery, opinion

Up, Up and Away!