Photo

Does anyone else have this sleeping problem ?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Mime

Mime

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • LocationSuga's heart

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:10 AM

I only sleep for 3-6 hours every night and I don't even know why.
I just wake up like that in the middle of the night and I can't go back to sleep. I am usually the latest to fall asleep and earliest to wake up.
I don't drink any coffee or energy drinks. I don't even need a timer to wake me up because I wake up earlier than my timer.
I asked my brother about this and he says maybe I am part of the "sleepless elite" and I googled it apparently there are people who only need 3-4 hours of sleep and they would still be as energetic but tbh I don't think so. Although I only sleep 4-5 hours I can still be energetic BUT I still feel like my body needs sleep.
I don't know what they call it in English but I have a very "light head" meaning everything even the smallest sounds instantly wake me up. Once our phone ringed in a far away room and I woke up from that sound although my door was closed. I also have anxiety I think it plays a role.

#2 l̲o̲v̲e̲lust

l̲o̲v̲e̲lust

Trainee

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:16 AM

I think your anxiety is a big factor on why you're such a light sleeper. I had this phase when I was working on a project and the client changed the deadline to a much earlier date so I went into cram mode for like a week just to get everything together. At that time no matter how tired I was I woke up so easily because of how much work I had to do. My sleeping habit is back to normal though

#3 Thangs

Thangs

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,877 posts
  • Locationin the living room learning Ogu Ogu's Ice Chu dance breaks

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:16 AM

I never, ever get enough sleep and when I do manage to sleep for a couple of hours, the slightest noise can awaken me. I have anxiety too. I have taken prescribed sleeping pills that don't always work. I'm just fucked.

#4 pigletHK

pigletHK

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:18 AM

well idk how i can help but make sure you do get a good amount of sleep tho, minimum 6-8 hrs.. I used to sleep ony 4 hrs a day because of exams and stuff for months and it fucked me up tbh. But if you can remain energetic then perhaps you are someone who doesn't need that much sleep. Then maybe just let your body rest

#5 StarGirl✧✩✧

StarGirl✧✩✧

(⁎⚈᷀᷁▿⚈᷀᷁⁎)

• PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:22 AM (Edited by StarGirl✧✩✧, 13 September 2017 - 11:22 AM.)

You probably have sleep maintenance insomnia. You need to tire out your body by doing exercise, but not after 7 pm. And you need a relaxing bed time routine and maybe ear plugs. 

#6 mccuish1525

mccuish1525

OneHallyu's #1 Godsmack fan

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:24 AM

I have this problem

#7 SUGAMAN

SUGAMAN

UNDERDOG

• PipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • LocationThe Lukewarm

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:25 AM

you should try taking magnesium. i take it and the side effect is that i sleep like a log, at least 8 hrs.

#8 lavender mint

lavender mint

Cardcaptor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,560 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:30 AM

Yes, I'm sort of the same. If I wake up in the middle of the night I have trouble going back to sleep. I also don't need any alarm to wake me up since I always wake up early anyway. 

#9 Mime

Mime

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • LocationSuga's heart

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:32 AM

you should try taking magnesium. i take it and the side effect is that i sleep like a log, at least 8 hrs.

What food is magnesium in ?
Already take too many vitamin and pain relief pills because I barely eat I don't want to take any more pills.

#10 SUGAMAN

SUGAMAN

UNDERDOG

• PipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • LocationThe Lukewarm

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:40 AM

Already take too many vitamin and pain relief pills because I barely eat I don't want to take any more pills.

62b0004524aa787bec89f2f485d68892--magnes

#11 Mime

Mime

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • LocationSuga's heart

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736...

Yay we have half of this in our garden.
I will try to eat figs now and see if I sleep better.
Thanks
99d60ee3b573478fcb6f487535bf6944.gif

#12 StanSatan

StanSatan

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • LocationHyulkyway

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:00 PM

usually when I take pain relief pills, I find my self sleeping less than I usually do(like for 4-5 hours). my moms says it's supposed to make you more sleepy apparently, but I get insomniac. I also happen to be a light sleeper so maybe it's not entirely the pills. 

#13 Ivga

Ivga

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:02 PM

i have this problem if im really really tiredrlytearpls.png

#14 im_too_hungry_for_my_cat

im_too_hungry_for_my_cat

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationBest Korea

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:53 PM

If u have this problem the only sure way to solve this is to fap before and after u sleep. Tried and tested 99.9% all ur problems will be gone. The 0.1% will regrow tomorrow so make sure u fap everyday until ure healthy. I'm serious.

#15 Mime

Mime

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • LocationSuga's heart

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:54 PM

If u have this problem the only sure way to solve this is to fap before and after u sleep. Tried and tested 99.9% all ur problems will be gone. The 0.1% will regrow tomorrow so make sure u fap everyday until ure healthy. I'm serious.

I never fap. Just once in my life tbh.

#16 im_too_hungry_for_my_cat

im_too_hungry_for_my_cat

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationBest Korea

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:57 PM

I never fap. Just once in my life tbh.

I saw tons of armys with depression its either u fap or quit bts. I'm serious listen to gashina to help u fap

Up, Up and Away!