Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

6 hours ago, svezaJoanne said:

Hi. Here you say "930px (post length)". But the note in signature settings said "Images up to 800 x 300 pixels". I know Member+ was for "change signature limit" and I see people without Member+ still use signature not following the 800 x 300 pixels limit. What is the real signature limit here? I cannot see any real limit here. Please make this clear. I am confused and I want to make my signature. Please help. Thank you.

Hello, the post length is the space for the posts without the post-bit (the information about the user on the left of a post). Your signature takes the same space in length as a post, so you can have content that is 930 pixels long (however, if you have a small screen, the body of the forum adapts to your screen so the length might be smaller). However, admins put a size limit for pictures in signatures to prevent from having signatures that are too big on the forum that make us scroll too much. So you can have 2 images that are maximum 800*300 pixels each.

Usually, when a user wants a signature that does the max length size (930 pixels), they put 2 pictures next to each other, for example 2 pictures that are 465*300px each.

If you take the signature extension (Member+), you will be able to have 3 pictures that can be maximum 900*300 each.

I hope this helps!

10 minutes ago, Koya said:

Hello, the post length is the space for the posts without the post-bit (the information about the user on the left of a post). Your signature takes the same space in length as a post, so you can have content that is 930 pixels long (however, if you have a small screen, the body of the forum adapts to your screen so the length might be smaller). However, admins put a size limit for pictures in signatures to prevent from having signatures that are too big on the forum that make us scroll too much. So you can have 2 images that are maximum 800*300 pixels each.

Usually, when a user wants a signature that does the max length size (930 pixels), they put 2 pictures next to each other, for example 2 pictures that are 465*300px each.

If you take the signature extension (Member+), you will be able to have 3 pictures that can be maximum 900*300 each.

I hope this helps!

That mean I can have 2 images become 800 x 600 pixels. Or Member+ 3 images 900 x 900 pixels. That still very big for signature. 

1 minute ago, svezaJoanne said:

That mean I can have 2 images become 800 x 600 pixels. Or Member+ 3 images 900 x 900 pixels. That still very big for signature. 

Yes that's a possibility, but users rarely go with that since it means it will be pretty big for them to scroll too. But if a user's signature is big and it's annoying for you, you can ignore their signature by clicking on the cross in the top right corner of their signature like this for example:

iF8gk7L.png

Or by going in the ignore settings (appear as "Ignored Users" when you click on your username on the very top right of the forum) and setting which signatures you want to ignore~

2 minutes ago, Koya said:

Yes that's a possibility, but users rarely go with that since it means it will be pretty big for them to scroll too. But if a user's signature is big and it's annoying for you, you can ignore their signature by clicking on the cross in the top right corner of their signature like this for example:

iF8gk7L.png

Or by going in the ignore settings (appear as "Ignored Users" when you click on your username on the very top right of the forum) and setting which signatures you want to ignore~

Okay. I will not use signature. It's annoying. Thank you. 

I also have a question about the image length, but for normal posts.  The max is 930px, but it seems I can't get 2 images of 450px each to sit side by side.  I can get two images of 400px side by side though.    I was hoping to do something like this:

box03.png

11 hours ago, R9K said:

I also have a question about the image length, but for normal posts.  The max is 930px, but it seems I can't get 2 images of 450px each to sit side by side.  I can get two images of 400px side by side though.    I was hoping to do something like this:

box03.png

Hey, it should be possible, is the screen you are using small? Because the post length adapts to the screen so it might make it smaller and put the second image below on your screen.

Like this is my signature at the moment, images are 461px long and it fits the post length. Do you see them on the same line? I'm using a large computer screen so the post length is 930px for me and they appear next to each other, but if you use a small screen or phone / tablet, it will put the second one below.

3f8236e61a707c5e97cbe66b965a63132582c9b6.gif 47506bccf9d5cd0ca7709d9a7a4292394949bd22.gif

6 hours ago, Koya said:

Hey, it should be possible, is the screen you are using small? Because the post length adapts to the screen so it might make it smaller and put the second image below on your screen.

Like this is my signature at the moment, images are 461px long and it fits the post length. Do you see them on the same line? I'm using a large computer screen so the post length is 930px for me and they appear next to each other, but if you use a small screen or phone / tablet, it will put the second one below.

3f8236e61a707c5e97cbe66b965a63132582c9b6.gif 47506bccf9d5cd0ca7709d9a7a4292394949bd22.gif

It does work.  But it seems the edit box is only 900px wide (before scroll bar).  So while editing, the images don't stay on the same line, even during the preview.  But after saving the post, the images do line up.