898 replies to this topic

#41 lawlaw

lawlaw

lawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawl

• Hall OH Fame
  • 9,401 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

I'm having a difficult time posting animated GIFs.

When I post the URL of the animated GIF (for example, this one here:

http://images6.fanpo...588-250-300.gif, I copy and paste the URL into the little box that comes up when I click the "image" link above. 

http://pixpipeline.com/s/256ed28c50d2.jp...

Then I hit the "okay" button.

But what shows up is not the animated GIF, but a little box that looks like this:   http://pixpipeline.com/s/89df8a0758c0.jp...

What in the holy heck am I doing wrong?  Am I using the wrong icon to link to the animated GIF?  It seems like everyone else is able to post animated GIFs except me. 

Have you tried using the tag system? like so (without the spaces):

[ img] http://images6.fanpo...588-250-300.gif [ /img ] 

Also: are you using the same site each time to get the gifs? maybe there's just an issue with hot-linking from that site,

#42 littlebird

littlebird

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:54 PM (Edited by pwillow1, 01 December 2013 - 08:09 PM.)

Okay, so I'm attempting to use the tag system you described, no spaces to place the animated GIF into the body of this post.  And I'm going to take a screenshot of it so you can see that it's properly done with no spaces:

mun-jung-hyuk-photo?ir=true

6b5da61a42bf.jpg

I'm going to hit the post button next to see what will happen.  Fingers crossed!

Okay, what happened is that the animated GIF doesn't post.  Only a fragment of the name of the GIF appears above.

When I hit the button to "edit" this post, instead of the fragment of the name, what appears in the white text box is that little white icon I screencapped in my last post.  There is no text or any fragment of the GIFs name, just that white icon. 

I have this problem with ANY animated GIF, not just the ones from this particular website.  Moderator, could you please try to post the animated GIF whose URL is in the post above just to see if you're having the same type of problem?  Because I cannot understand why I alone cannot post animated GIFs.

Moderator, another thing I just noticed is that the screencap got a lot smaller when I reloaded the page.  It was a full size and very easily readable (so you could see that I had correctly done what you asked) but now it's too small to read. 

Here's a link to the full sized screencap:

6b5da61a42bf.jpg

I'll gladly email you a copy of the screencap if this one has shrunk in size as well and is unreadable.

#43 Ogre Shrek

Ogre Shrek

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • LocationSkiing with Her Hyoliness

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:21 AM (Edited by Ogre Shrek, 02 December 2013 - 10:43 AM.)

Spoiler

EDIT: WELP! It worked just now.  But when I refresh the page, I get the same broken image you got.  Yet when I click on the" Edit" button, I can see the gif (even now).  I tried; sorry I couldn't be of help.  :._.:

EDIT 2: You've already posted in the Ask A Mod thread, so you can be sure one of the mode will be able to help you. Alternatively, you can post in the Ask A Tech Admin thread, or send a PM to Sad (he's good with tech stuff).

#44 littlebird

littlebird

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:34 AM (Edited by pwillow1, 02 December 2013 - 10:39 AM.)

You want me to take the URL for the animated GIF and then add the tags before and after without the asterisk in it?  I'll give that a try:

mun-jung-hyuk-photo?ir=true

If you tried to post this animated GIF yourself, you should know that it didn't come through.  I do not see the GIF.  All I see is a fragment of the name of the GIF, namely:

-mun-jung-hyuk-eric-mun-36000588-250-300

I see your addendum.  You are experiencing the same problem I have been; I briefly see the animated GIF working and then a broken image link.  However, this time I didn't even see the animated GIF at all, just a broken image link.

I appreciate your help but who can I contact to get further help with this issue? 

#45 Ogre Shrek

Ogre Shrek

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:52 AM (Edited by Ogre Shrek, 02 December 2013 - 10:56 AM.)

Spoiler

The problem lies with the site you were trying to hotlink from. I did a Google image search of the gif, found it in another site, copied the URL, added [*img] URL [*/img] (without the space or the *), and voilà!

tumblr_mvacevsNJY1shqfr6o1_250.gif

#46 littlebird

littlebird

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

The problem lies with the site you were trying to hotlink from. I did a Google image search of the gif, found it in another site, copied the URL, added [*img] URL [*/img] (without the space or the *), and voilà!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/451edf37bab61...

Thank you very much for your help! 

I've been having problems posting GIFs since joining onehallyu and I gave up trying, but I just came across a treasure trove of them at this fanpop website and decided I was going to finally tackle my problem.   

Could you tell me what website you found the above GIF that you were able to successfully post?

#47 Ogre Shrek

Ogre Shrek

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:04 PM (Edited by Ogre Shrek, 02 December 2013 - 12:12 PM.)

Thank you very much for your help!

I've been having problems posting GIFs since joining onehallyu and I gave up trying, but I just came across a treasure trove of them at this fanpop website and decided I was going to finally tackle my problem.

Could you tell me what website you found the above GIF that you were able to successfully post?

Glad to be of help :smile:
I'm afraid I don't know which website I took the gif from (I'm now on my mobile phone, so can't check). Like I said earlier, I just did a google image search of the gif and copied the url of the first image that did not come from that fanpop website :hurr:

The same gif can usually be found on several different sites vi a google image search, so if a gif from one site doesn't work for whatever reason, just get the same gif from another site. Alternatively, if you have an imgur account, you can save the gif in imgur, then post the gif from your imgur account; that'll work as well.

#48 Asami Ryuichi

Asami Ryuichi

Elite Minority

• PipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts
  • LocationYunbear Land

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

How to show up all the albums/ lightsticks that I bought? I bought 7 lighsticks of TVXQ but it only showed up 1

#49 sadface

sadface

let's not fall in love

• 1,935 posts
  • Locationfacepalming myself reading your post

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:38 AM

How to show up all the albums/ lightsticks that I bought? I bought 7 lighsticks of TVXQ but it only showed up 1

I think identical items are grouped together, so they won't show as separate items :( so your 7 lightsticks would appear as 1

#50 Mint Chocolate Chip

Mint Chocolate Chip

#ChanwooProtectionSquad

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,658 posts
  • Locationchanwoo's little kokoro

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

can anyone tell me how to restore the "recently posted thread" in the right side of the forum, i accidentally get rid of it. and now im crying.  :._.:

#51 sadface

sadface

let's not fall in love

• 1,935 posts
  • Locationfacepalming myself reading your post

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:32 AM

can anyone tell me how to restore the "recently posted thread" in the right side of the forum, i accidentally get rid of it. and now im crying.  :._.:

hover your mouse around the top right of the area it used to be, some icon will pop out and you can click it! 

#52 Asami Ryuichi

Asami Ryuichi

Elite Minority

• PipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts
  • LocationYunbear Land

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:19 AM

I think identical items are grouped together, so they won't show as separate items :( so your 7 lightsticks would appear as 1

but but.. I have seen a couple users who had some of sistar's lightsticks :cry: . How can they did that?? :horror:

#53 Kappa Mikey

Kappa Mikey

ALICE IN VICTONLAND

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,187 posts
  • LocationTHINKING ABOUT SEJUN

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:49 AM (Edited by madd_a sone_a panda, 08 December 2013 - 05:49 AM.)

Ummm....im new here....how do u make thread?? ^^ ^^

#54 lawlaw

lawlaw

• Hall OH Fame
  • 9,401 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:59 AM

Ummm....im new here....how do u make thread?? ^^ ^^

Towards the top of a board, there is a Start New Topic button: 

NHiOLtl.png

Click that.

Please keep in mind, you must post the thread in the appropriate section :)

#55 lachesis

lachesis

Inglorious Bastar☆

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:27 AM

Hello!! :) Could someone tell me how can i embed a tweet??

#56 milup

milup

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • LocationSulli's heart

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

[spoiler] how do you do spoilers 

#57 Asami Ryuichi

Asami Ryuichi

Elite Minority

• PipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts
  • LocationYunbear Land

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:56 AM

Capture-6.pngHe can show up his 4 sistar's lightsticks on his profile.. Anybody knows how to do it? I ask him but he didn't know how to do it :._.:

#58 lawlaw

lawlaw

• Hall OH Fame
  • 9,401 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

Hello!! :) Could someone tell me how can i embed a tweet??

Use the [ media ] tags. Like below without the spaces:

[ media ] tweet url [ /url ] 

[spoiler] how do you do spoilers 

use the spoiler tags, like below without the spaces:

[ spoiler ] stuff you want to have hidden [ /spoiler ] 

#59 Malarkey

Malarkey

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

Is it possible to follow/subscribe to a tag? For example, I follow the SHINee thread but can I also follow the 'SHINee' tag so I get updates to any threads that are made using the SHINee tag...?

Thank you!

#60 lachesis

lachesis

Inglorious Bastar☆

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:05 PM (Edited by lachesis, 17 December 2013 - 03:05 PM.)

Use the [ media ] tags. Like below without the spaces:

[ media ] tweet url [ /url ] 

i tried,but it's not working on me  :unsure:  Thank you nonetheless  :) 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tutorials, new users

Up, Up and Away!