Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Lexurite

Chinese drama recommendations

I like this better than the communist propaganda show she had and that Legend of something.

Yes!

Omfg yes!!! i love your sig and your badges, im new but its good to see another love the drama as well!!! tell me did you ship you qi and yang meng as well??  

*screams and hugs you* seriously you dont know how happy i am 

• Like 1

Omfg yes!!! i love your sig and your badges, im new but its good to see another love the drama as well!!! tell me did you ship you qi and yang meng as well??

*screams and hugs you* seriously you dont know how happy i am

yes I did. They're really cute as a CP. but they really can't compare to the main couple. It didn't help that they had less screen.

I'm waiting for the airing of the other episodes for Advance Bravely by the same creator of Addicted but there's no news of it. The first 2-3 EPA are out.

Sent from my iPhone using OneHallyu mobile app

If you can't take an ounce of communism then you shouldn't be watching Chinese spy dramas. I see plenty of people enjoying dramas like Rookie, Sparrow and Disguiser without automatically calling it out as propaganda.

I tried to stay with Rookie Agent but it didn't pull me in as with Princess Agent. Last time I saw her was Legend of Flower. And I didn't like her two Legend shows.

I've enjoyed The Palace with Zhao as the antagonistic. She's really great and hope to see her get some good villainy roles too. Or character roles that has more depth of duality not just the goody side.

yes I did. They're really cute as a CP. but they really can't compare to the main couple. It didn't help that they had less screen.

I'm waiting for the airing of the other episodes for Advance Bravely by the same creator of Addicted but there's no news of it. The first 2-3 EPA are out.

i know if only we got more screen time with but of course the main couple , i didnt mind that they had the whole show XD ,  oh a nice show!! nice! tell me is it straight or boy on boy again?? 

i know if only we got more screen time with but of course the main couple , i didnt mind that they had the whole show XD , oh a nice show!! nice! tell me is it straight or boy on boy again??

Boy2boy. But they are having issue airing it somehow. Something to do with Sparft, the government agency that censor stuffs. There's My Roommate is a fox, Love is more than Word, and Till death do us apart, that can be found in YouTube with eng sub. Then there's the Taiwanese movie series of diff couples that's also BL, the titles are History, Obsessed and something. Forgot the last one but I'm sure you'll managed to search it by going over the comments. Best one is obsessed since the movie's actors were better than the other two movies.

Boy2boy. But they are having issue airing it somehow. Something to do with Sparft, the government agency that censor stuffs. There's My Roommate is a fox, Love is more than Word, and Till death do us apart, that can be found in YouTube with eng sub. Then there's the Taiwanese movie series of diff couples that's also BL, the titles are History, Obsessed and something. Forgot the last one but I'm sure you'll managed to search it by going over the comments. Best one is obsessed since the movie's actors were better than the other two movies.

Thank you!! ive been looking for new dramas like addicted to watch ive been litterally been memorizing lines, after seeing it 5 times XC i will look it up and hope i fall in love, course nothing can beat addicted ... *smiles*

LOVE O2O; The two leads are gamer and in the game they are the top player. this drama is very simple and its very popular in China too. very very recommended

7zKCXOE.jpg

PRINCESS GO GO: this drama too was popular despite being low budget drama. 

b8322836bb.jpg?x=b&s=460x268&e=t&f=t&cb=

MARRY ME OR NOT 

4815_MarryMeorNot_Nowplay_Small.jpg

Q Series - Love of Sandstorm: This short drama with 6 episode is more like a family drama. but its very fun and entertaining and weird too

los_cover.png?w=820&h=312&crop=1

Edited by Danik'sCat
  • Like 1

Can anyone recommend me a drama which is not historical? No politics type either

The ones that i've watched are NiF, LMIYD, LoveO2O, Boss and Me, My Amazing Boyfriend and currently watching Princess Agents,

Can anyone recommend me a drama which is not historical? No politics type either

The ones that i've watched are NiF, LMIYD, LoveO2O, Boss and Me, My Amazing Boyfriend and currently watching Princess Agents,

I recommend you to watch Memory Lost. It's from the same author as LMIYD and i really like it too. 

I recommend you to watch Memory Lost. It's from the same author as LMIYD and i really like it too. 

I can't find it anywhere subbed full, only starting eps are subbed, thanks for the recommendation though

I can't find it anywhere subbed full, only starting eps are subbed, thanks for the recommendation though

most of it are subbed. there are 9 more episodes left to be subbed so i'm still waiting on the last 9 episodes. 

most of it are subbed. there are 9 more episodes left to be subbed so i'm still waiting on the last 9 episodes.

Do you where I can download the drama?

So many recommendation, yet I'm still having trouble to choose 😅

The ones that I've watched thus far:

*Princess Wei Young ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜­

3L3W10MPB ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ’—

**General and I 😒

Love 020 ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ’—

My Sunshine ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Boss and Me ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Love Me If You Dare ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

***Nirvana in Fire ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜­

****Princess Agents ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜¡

Note :

*The ending was so sad.. why TBJ has to die? And left WY alone with a throne and a son to brave the world.. 😭 (and luckily I haven't yet the book.. Pheww)

** I love Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang so much, I felt cheated by the sub-par acting of the leads.. Maybe because the drama didn't really portrayed Bai Ping Ting and Chu Bei Jie's characters as per the novel, but still.. Nope!

*** Loved the drama!! I was only supposed to read the drama recap of ep 31, but I was so impatient, I ended up reading the whole recap to the last episode! But it was so sad, I brawled my eyes out, so much so I was afraid to continue watching the drama that night.. So sadly, I only watched Nirvana in Fire up to ep 30 😅

**** Love the storyline and the actors, but hate the production! I stop at episode 31, because after reading the comments on its last episode, I know my heart will not be able to take such disappointment.. A cliff hanger for a finale of a 67 episodes of drama? Seriously 😡😡😡

So guys, any new recommendation?

Edited by cae

Both Viki and DF are going to air The King's Woman tomorrow, I love Dilraba and Zhang Bin Bin, but I can already tell it'll probably end tragically and I'm already so drained from all the other historicals. I need a cute modern drama. Also really want to watch Wuxin: The Monster Killer 2, but no subs yet.

So many recommendation, yet I'm still having trouble to choose

The ones that I've watched thus far:

*Princess Wei Young
3L3W10MPB
**General and I
Love 020
My Sunshine
Boss and Me
Love Me If You Dare
***Nirvana in Fire
****Princess Agents

Note :

*The ending was so sad.. why TBJ has to die? And left WY alone with a throne and a son to brave the world.. (and luckily I haven't yet the book.. Pheww)

** I love Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang so much, I felt cheated by the sub-par acting of the leads.. Maybe because the drama didn't really portrayed Bai Ping Ting and Chu Bei Jie's characters as per the novel, but still.. Nope!

*** Loved the drama!! I was only supposed to read the drama recap of ep 31, but I was so impatient, I ended up reading the whole recap to the last episode! But it was so sad, I brawled my eyes out, so much so I was afraid to continue watching the drama that night.. So sadly, I only watched Nirvana in Fire up to ep 30

**** Love the storyline and the actors, but hate the production! I stop at episode 31, because after reading the comments on its last episode, I know my heart will not be able to take such disappointment.. A cliff hanger for a finale of a 67 episodes of drama? Seriously

So guys, any new recommendation?

I can't think that far back, but I really like When a Snail Falls in Love (same author as Love Me If You Dare), Ode to Joy 1 & 2 (it's a very realistic modern drama, but it's not for those who want pure romance), Dr. Qin Medical Examiner (forensics) and Wuxin: The Monster Killer, because I really like Zhang Ruo Yun, and lately been enjoying The Eternal Love which is a ridiculous cheap web drama with Ye Qi from Princess Agents, but I still prefer Go Princess Go which is an even more ridiculous, more low budget web drama that's highly addictive.

Edited by waycrispy1

All Time Favorites (No ranking)

1. Nirvana in fire (chinese): Absolute strategic and historical master piece. A small advise though, stick through the first episode, it will be really confusing as you are introduced to droves of character at once. But, from 2nd episode, it is a roller coaster ride that you won't get out till you reach the very end. 

2. In time with you (taiwanese): Award winning, acting, writing, and direction. That tells you about the quality of the drama. My absolute go to romance drama. It is thought provoking as it is romantic. <3

General Recommendations (No ranking)

1. Love me if you dare (chinese): Great crime, mystery, and romance contemporary drama!

2. Marry me or not (taiwanese): Great enemies to lovers, feisty and strong heroine, and great chemistry between the leads. 

3. Sound of the desert (chinese): Has a setting that is a reprieve form traditional Chinese historical setting. Great acting from all three leads and angsty romance. 

4. Go princess go (chinese): Web-drama. Laugh out loud humor, I died laughing while watching it! Body swap trope. Amazing acting by the female lead. And just highly entertaining!

5. 10 miles of peach blossoms (chinese): Really pretty graphics. Great chemistry between the leads and an engaging and fantasy story-line! Really worth watching for the main lead, Mark Chao. 

6. Prince of lan ling (taiwanese and chinese joint production): Historical. Watched it a long time ago, worth it to watch for the ariel lin and her chemistry with feng shaofeng. Though I definitely did skip around in this drama and did not watch it in the entirety, so will depend on personal tastes. 

7. The fierce wife (taiwanese) : A great contemporary drama that deals with aftermath of cheating husband and basically has lots of girl power. Was well done and I felt quite invested in the heroine's growth. Great ending and one of the only dramas where I had a second lead syndrome. 

8. Office girls (taiwanese): Typical fluff and rom/com. Has the same leads from "Marry me or not," and basically works because of their natural chemistry. A nice time pass drama.

Edited by bit36

Do you where I can download the drama?

idk where you can download it from but i know where you can watch it from.