Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Lexurite

Chinese drama recommendations

modern day medical dramas please where the main focus is medical related stuff. No preference for  revenge, climbing the ladder, romance as the overarching story.

Edited by silverlining

Just finished Someone Like You and I love it so much... There's the dead lover and doppelgänger and birth secret thing but it is not your usual makjang. I loved the personalities of the main lead as well

Is In Time With You really that good? Many people recommended it and gave it a 9-10 rating, but I'm usually very picky about dramas so I want to know if it has a unique storyline and if there's chemistry between the leads. I haven't watched the Korean version yet btw

Edited by elfxo1997

I have watched and enjoyed some Historical Chinese Dramas and I am looking for something similar. That is available online with eng subs. 

I have seen and liked:

Legend of Lu Zhen 

Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan (the short version) 

Bu Bu Jing Xin (Scarlet Heart)

I have tried watching Sound of the Desert but I found the first episodes really boring. 

Thank you for any recs!

I have watched and enjoyed some Historical Chinese Dramas and I am looking for something similar. That is available online with eng subs. 

I have seen and liked:

Legend of Lu Zhen 

Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan (the short version) 

Bu Bu Jing Xin (Scarlet Heart)

I have tried watching Sound of the Desert but I found the first episodes really boring. 

Thank you for any recs!

Definitely try Journey of Flower.. the title doesn't sound like anything great, but it's actually the most watched Chinese drama of all time! Since last summer, it's been re-broadcasted on 8 different channels and on the same channel this summer cause it's so popular

It has the same lead actress as Legend of Lu Zhen :)

If you like Legend of Lu Zhen and Bu Bu Jing Xin (2 of my favourites), you might like Journey of Flower too! I was obsessed with it when I was watching it last summer. 

Edited by sassy__

Definitely try Journey of Flower.. the title doesn't sound like anything great, but it's actually the most watched Chinese drama of all time! Since last summer, it's been re-broadcasted on 8 different channels and on the same channel this summer cause it's so popular

It has the same lead actress as Legend of Lu Zhen :)

If you like Legend of Lu Zhen and Bu Bu Jing Xin (2 of my favourites), you might like Journey of Flower too! I was obsessed with it when I was watching it last summer. 

Thanks! I really like the leads. I enjoyed both those dramas so I will definitely check Journey of Flower out. 

Just finished Someone Like You and I love it so much... There's the dead lover and doppelgänger and birth secret thing but it is not your usual makjang. I loved the personalities of the main lead as well

Is In Time With You really that good? Many people recommended it and gave it a 9-10 rating, but I'm usually very picky about dramas so I want to know if it has a unique storyline and if there's chemistry between the leads. I haven't watched the Korean version yet btw

Yes, extremely good. Don't watch the Korean remake version, it's crappy as fuck.

It is unforgettable for me until this day. It is like how Nirvania in Fire will be for me. Best Taiwanese modern romance drama (or even Asia, I follow K-drama, C-drama, Hongkong and T-drama) that I've ever seen.

First the acting-super duper acting!!

The intro is really interesting with how the angle that being film and why the opening is like that (every details has meaning)

The setting is realistic

The lines in the drama is like a lesson

The romance isn't cheesy (it only make up for the audiences at the end LOL). both the main are adult working in a real world.

The chemistry and the history background of mains are so deep

The main song is story-telling from male lead for his hidden feelings

Both main leads are so likable :ahmagah: :ahmagah:

First time in history of Golden Bell Awards that both leads in the drama won Best actor/actress award respectively in the ceremony.

You have to stay atleast 3episodes to understand why this drama is so perfect (Yes is perfect!! if I can, I wont change anything. Every part, characters, lines in the series are necessary. The plot, acting, chemistry, relatability, likable main characters, beautiful ost, deep lines, filming style, and the pace of drama is PERFECT!!).

Warning: You will wish that there is a man like male lead in your life (what I like is that the male lead isn't usual super handsome, hot or cool in the drama--he is just like a "man next door" kinda type with simple look and simple life style but his charming level is explosive and that make him 10000x more attractive :lol: :lol:)

Edited by llamaswag

here's my recommendations

-Wu xin the monster killer (if you like supernatural, fantasy genre)

-autumn concerto (old taiwanese drama but still a good romance)

-journey of the flower ( if you like xianxia genre with romance)

-my sunshine (warm hearted romance drama)

-nirvana in the fire (i like this drama alot. if you like WuxiaHistoricalPolitics with not too much romance)

-sound of the desert (period drama with nice story another favourite)

-boss and me (LOVE THIS DRAMA, so cute)

-Legend of Luzhen (the OTP in this drama is so shippable)

-beauty's rival in the palace or schemes of a beauty ( palace drama with smart protagonist)

-Love me if you dare ( if you like mystery, crime solving, )

-prince of lanling ( another palace drama with good romance but the antagonist is so annoying)

-a step into the past ( old, old Hk drama but was so good)

-triumphs in the skies I & 2 ( no.2 is more about the romance but both involves planes and pilots)

-forensic heroes ( i like 2 and 3, about crime, mystery and... of cause forensics)

-Ghetto justice ( about law and lawyers, is pretty funny if you understand the jokes)

-Line walker (liked it cause it was pretty light and funny until the end, about police, triads, undercover police people)

-empress of china (a lot of scheming, palace drama)

these are all just off the top of my head, i'll add more later...if i get around to it.....

Now can you guys recommend me some dramas preferably set in modern times cause i had enough of scheming period dramas right now. i'll probs watch the disguiser in the future. i want something light, funny without any mother-in-law abuse.

But if there's any REALLY good period dramas, im up for it!

Im sorry if im being difficult.

.....no HK dramas cause in my opinion they have gotten worse over time, i use to love them SOOO much...

Edited by MissTAO

Does anybody have a  good romantic c-drama or t-drama with happy ending??

Just posted about it, but LoveO2O, my current obsession

• Like 2

The Legend of Zhen Huan(Also known as Empresses in the Palace)- Highly acclaimed 2011 drama and very popular Chinese drama which is tied to the history of the Qing Dynasty Yongzheng Emperor's harem. It inspired many people to learn Chinese and research about traditional Chinese customs.

Boys over flowers- Very popular classic Taiwanese drama from the early 2000s, was popular throughout Asia and has several versions in other countries such as Korea and Japan. It also produced the popular early 2000s boyband F4.

The Empress of China-A 2014 drama with the highest budget for a drama in Chinese history. It stars China's #1 celebrity Fan Bingbing and follows the story of China's only female emperor:Wuzetian. It has been praised by critics as a visual treasure and inspired many beauty and fashion trends in China.

Princess Returning Pearl- A classic Chinese drama from the late 90s/early 00s which is the most popular drama in Chinese history. It is considered a classic Asian drama that has achieved unparalleled success in China. It stars many of China's top celebrities such as Zhao Wei and Fan Bing Bing.

i watched Hi Mr. Fashion and i liked it...I'm surprised so many bad reviews about it.  It was lighthearted and sweet.

Love 020 is my favorite this year.  It's also sweet

Shuttle love millennium is recent and has puff guo in it

Edited by allkpopfangirl

Hello sorry to bother.  

I am Italian and I am currently living in China. I m trying to learn Chinese and so I wanted to ask if you can recommend me some Chinese dramas   (if possible dramas I can find English subtitles or whatever other language subtitle to).

I usually love intricate plot or something that can keep me hooked in however I am fine with anything since the main goal is to learn Chinese. 

Thanks in advance for the people who will answer :)

Hello sorry to bother.  

I am Italian and I am currently living in China. I m trying to learn Chinese and so I wanted to ask if you can recommend me some Chinese dramas   (if possible dramas I can find English subtitles or whatever other language subtitle to).

I usually love intricate plot or something that can keep me hooked in however I am fine with anything since the main goal is to learn Chinese. 

Thanks in advance for the people who will answer :)

Love Me If You Dare and When a Snail Falls in Love, they are criminal profiling dramas and should keep you hooked. Nirvana in Fire is even better, but it's a historical drama that uses a lot of words that you might not need in modern day real life so don't think it will help you that much with improving your Mandarin. It's definitely worth watching though.

• Like 2

Love Me If You Dare and When a Snail Falls in Love, they are criminal profiling dramas and should keep you hooked. Nirvana in Fire is even better, but it's a historical drama that uses a lot of words that you might not need in modern day real life so don't think it will help you that much with improving your Mandarin. It's definitely worth watching though.

Thank you so much. I will watch them  :)

omg yess. Love Me If You Dare was so good. 

I have When a Snail Falls in Love on my watchlist  :hurr:

• Like 1

it's been a really long time since I've watched a Taiwanese/Chinese drama, so can anyone suggest current Taiwanese dramas from within the last 2 years that's similar to Romantic Princess, Corner with Love, or Roseate Love and doesn't have cringey acting? 

Edited by Spring By Chance

addicted (web series)

(boy xboy btw but sooo good)

Princess Agents got me shook

I like this better than the communist propaganda show she had and that Legend of something.

addicted (web series)

(boy xboy btw but sooo good)

Yes!

I like this better than the communist propaganda show she had and that Legend of something.

Yes!

If you can't take an ounce of communism then you shouldn't be watching Chinese spy dramas. I see plenty of people enjoying dramas like Rookie, Sparrow and Disguiser without automatically calling it out as propaganda.