Photo

|| The Official BOYSTORY Thread || 2nd Predebut Single 'Can't Stop' Out Now!!

JYP TME NCC Ent Han Yu Xin Long Zihao Ze Yu Ming Rui Shu Yang Boystory

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#221 SnowApple

SnowApple

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:50 PM

Oh boy, story time. see what I did there

I had no plans to follow these boys. I checked out How Old R U when it was released but purely for giggles. Of course I saw they were incredibly talented, but overall I just thought, okay, JYP's weird Chinese partnerships, whatever. laugh.png Fast forward to mid-October and I'm super stoked for Stray Kids, right? So I see this clip on Twitter of Felix hugging/carrying one of the Boy Story members, and I'm all aww at it.

IMfKgzo.gif

And somebody in the Twitter comments was nice enough to point out that the member was named Xin Long. So in early November, I gave How Old R U a second watch, just to try and pinpoint him. I realized he was the main? dancer of the group. Seems that way, since he got that nice dance solo near the end. So again, I just thought, okay cool. Still had zero plans to follow them in any way.

This past weekend, I'm at my older sister's house hanging with my nieces, who are 13, 11, and 7, and all three are obsessed with BTS. They have been since late 2016 after discovering them through some cousins. I've always had... shall we say, some reservations with just how into BTS they are, since not all of the group's thematic content is kid-friendly. It ventures into dark/sexy/brooding/existential/etc., so I was always like eh... some aspects of BTS are definitely too mature for them at this stage in their lives. But whatev, I'm not their mom, so it wasn't my place to police it.

So there we are in the living room, watching random K-pop videos (not just BTS, but GOT7, TWICE, etc.) and we get to a lull where we've exhausted all the songs/artists that they know and like. So I'm going, hmm, who can I introduce to them that would be age-appropriate? I'm thinking, who's the youngest group in K-pop? NCT Dream? The East Light? So we watch one East Light MV and the girls seem interested, so they're all, "Any more?" And finally, I remember Boy Story. I went, "Oh! These boys are actually your age! And they're Chinese, but they train in Korea. At JYP."

"Where GOT7 is from?" says the 7-year-old. And I'm so proud after hearing that, I'm like, "YES! Gold star for you!" I actually put on "Can't Stop" first, since it was brand new and I hadn't seen it yet, so it would be a first watch for all of us.

The MV starts and right off the bat, the boys are killing it with the choreo, so my nieces are just deepstareplz.png deepstareplz.png deepstareplz.png. They were so riveted, it was like they had never seen any other groups. I'm jamming along, trying to narrate helpfully wherever I can, i.e., "I think the tall one is 13? And the shortest one is 10. And all the others are somewhere in between." They don't say much other than "wow" and "whoa," but finally, around the second chorus, the 11-year-old, Heidi, snaps out of it and goes, "Oh my god, this is actually affecting me!" 

Then she and the 13-year-old, Emma, immediately jump into deconstructing their newfound bias group.

Emma: "I like the one who was doing martial arts, he was cool."

Heidi: "I like all of them. No wait, I think my favorite is the one in the sunglasses."

Emma: "I feel like such a potato now."

Heidi: "I know, right?"

Emma: "Why can't the boys I know be like this?"

Heidi: "I KNOW, RIGHT?!"

I'm howling with laughter by this point and I start going, "Heidi got bias-wrecked by a 12-year-old!!!!" And, "Aw, is BTS going to be your second favorite now?" Because yes, I'm the messy, tactless Auntie. #noshame

Anyway, song ends and all three of them are in a fangirl daze, so I just go, "Wanna see their other video?"

"YES!"

And off we go, How Old R U starts. They like that one much more, since it's brighter lighting and they can see all the members clearly. Just the song, too, is a lot more melodic, so they're jamming along, totally smitten. We follow it up with the dance practice, and then clips of the boys having fun/training/in their dorm, etc. And that's how we ended up watching every English-subbed Boy Story video on YT, I'm not even joking. I learned all their names, their ages, their general personalities, the whole deal. I guess this makes me the equivalent of a fanmom? 0u0plz.png

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad my nieces can stan someone their own age, and I don't have to be concerned about anything too mature/suggestive coming from them. I just never thought I would get to know a group like this so well, to the point where I'm now looking forward to how much they improve. There was already a noticeable skills upgrade between How Old R U and Can't Stop, imo. 

My sentimental favorite is Xin Long, since this whole revisiting process kind of started with him. Thanks for being a hyung, Felix! laugh.png They're such dance bros, just look at 'em.

C3zOoQH.gif

zCMgjxD.gif

uVpABRZ.gif

#222 lllll

lllll

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:42 PM (Edited by lllll, 24 December 2017 - 06:54 AM.)

Oh boy, story time. see what I did there

I had no plans to follow these boys. I checked out How Old R U when it was released but purely for giggles. Of course I saw they were incredibly talented, but overall I just thought, okay, JYP's weird Chinese partnerships, whatever. https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot... Fast forward to mid-October and I'm super stoked for Stray Kids, right? So I see this clip on Twitter of Felix hugging/carrying one of the Boy Story members, and I'm all aww at it.

https://i.imgur.com/IMfKgzo.gif...

And somebody in the Twitter comments was nice enough to point out that the member was named Xin Long. So in early November, I gave How Old R U a second watch, just to try and pinpoint him. I realized he was the main? dancer of the group. Seems that way, since he got that nice dance solo near the end. So again, I just thought, okay cool. Still had zero plans to follow them in any way.

This past weekend, I'm at my older sister's house hanging with my nieces, who are 13, 11, and 7, and all three are obsessed with BTS. They have been since late 2016 after discovering them through some cousins. I've always had... shall we say, some reservations with just how into BTS they are, since not all of the group's thematic content is kid-friendly. It ventures into dark/sexy/brooding/existential/etc., so I was always like eh... some aspects of BTS are definitely too mature for them at this stage in their lives. But whatev, I'm not their mom, so it wasn't my place to police it.

So there we are in the living room, watching random K-pop videos (not just BTS, but GOT7, TWICE, etc.) and we get to a lull where we've exhausted all the songs/artists that they know and like. So I'm going, hmm, who can I introduce to them that would be age-appropriate? I'm thinking, who's the youngest group in K-pop? NCT Dream? The East Light? So we watch one East Light MV and the girls seem interested, so they're all, "Any more?" And finally, I remember Boy Story. I went, "Oh! These boys are actually your age! And they're Chinese, but they train in Korea. At JYP."

"Where GOT7 is from?" says the 7-year-old. And I'm so proud after hearing that, I'm like, "YES! Gold star for you!" I actually put on "Can't Stop" first, since it was brand new and I hadn't seen it yet, so it would be a first watch for all of us.

The MV starts and right off the bat, the boys are killing it with the choreo, so my nieces are just https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot... https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot... https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot.... They were so riveted, it was like they had never seen any other groups. I'm jamming along, trying to narrate helpfully wherever I can, i.e., "I think the tall one is 13? And the shortest one is 10. And all the others are somewhere in between." They don't say much other than "wow" and "whoa," but finally, around the second chorus, the 11-year-old, Heidi, snaps out of it and goes, "Oh my god, this is actually affecting me!" 

Then she and the 13-year-old, Emma, immediately jump into deconstructing their newfound bias group.

Emma: "I like the one who was doing martial arts, he was cool."

Heidi: "I like all of them. No wait, I think my favorite is the one in the sunglasses."

Emma: "I feel like such a potato now."

Heidi: "I know, right?"

Emma: "Why can't the boys I know be like this?"

Heidi: "I KNOW, RIGHT?!"

I'm howling with laughter by this point and I start going, "Heidi got bias-wrecked by a 12-year-old!!!!" And, "Aw, is BTS going to be your second favorite now?" Because yes, I'm the messy, tactless Auntie. #noshame

Anyway, song ends and all three of them are in a fangirl daze, so I just go, "Wanna see their other video?"

"YES!"

And off we go, How Old R U starts. They like that one much more, since it's brighter lighting and they can see all the members clearly. Just the song, too, is a lot more melodic, so they're jamming along, totally smitten. We follow it up with the dance practice, and then clips of the boys having fun/training/in their dorm, etc. And that's how we ended up watching every English-subbed Boy Story video on YT, I'm not even joking. I learned all their names, their ages, their general personalities, the whole deal. I guess this makes me the equivalent of a fanmom? https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad my nieces can stan someone their own age, and I don't have to be concerned about anything too mature/suggestive coming from them. I just never thought I would get to know a group like this so well, to the point where I'm now looking forward to how much they improve. There was already a noticeable skills upgrade between How Old R U and Can't Stop, imo. 

My sentimental favorite is Xin Long, since this whole revisiting process kind of started with him. Thanks for being a hyung, Felix! https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot... They're such dance bros, just look at 'em.

https://i.imgur.com/C3zOoQH.gif...

https://i.imgur.com/zCMgjxD.gif...

https://i.imgur.com/uVpABRZ.gif...

Haha nice story!

Yeah i'm not really really into them too because way too young ofc, but still checking them from time to time and hoping they find their audience of their age but tbh it's probably pretty hard, that's why i hope their company don't give up too fast because they have a real potential (just too young and i don't think domestic idol group is a big thing in China?  still hope they get to evolve in Korea a bit in a few years, it will be beneficial to them even in China). So far their company is doing so great (quality content, outfits, chorographies, mvs...) but the result seem a bit mixed so far, so a bit curious about what they will be able to do with a older boy group (if the rumor is true Yao Chen group next year). Such a waste that the audition show never aired... the result would have been pretty different IMO

Yeah i think Xin Long is the best dancer too. They all are good, and most of them did dance competition even auditioning but Xin Long is just so good. From the 1st individual teaser you could see it, then How old r u confirmed it but the video that show the difference the best is this one: 

His move seem so fast, powerful and precise ^^

Btw today they had an event in Thailand and they seem to already have such a great stage presence tbh! Like they pre debuted only 3 months ago with just a few live performances, but they seem like they are already pros ^^

Nice to hear some fanchants too

#223 CandyCane23049

CandyCane23049

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,738 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 24 December 2017 - 03:23 AM (Edited by CandyCane23049, 24 December 2017 - 07:10 PM.)

#224 CandyCane23049

CandyCane23049

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,738 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:11 AM

#225 Oodles

Oodles

σɳℓყ ƒσ૨ ʝเɦყσ 🍜

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,558 posts
  • Location#ThankYouWG ♥

Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:50 PM

#226 CandyCane23049

CandyCane23049

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,738 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:13 PM

#227 CandyCane23049

CandyCane23049

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,738 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:11 PM

#228 CandyCane23049

CandyCane23049

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,738 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:28 PM

#229 SnowApple

SnowApple

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:21 PM

So stinkin' cute.

hdxjLyM.gif

Kk7TKLL.gif

#230 XT3R

XT3R

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:01 AM

Yes

#231 CandyCane23049

CandyCane23049

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,738 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:44 AM

#232 CandyCane23049

CandyCane23049

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,738 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:51 PM

#233 CandyCane23049

CandyCane23049

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,738 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:46 PM

#234 CandyCane23049

CandyCane23049

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,738 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:32 AM

#235 Oodles

Oodles

σɳℓყ ƒσ૨ ʝเɦყσ 🍜

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,558 posts
  • Location#ThankYouWG ♥

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:00 PM

Their so cute and so talented TT

#236 CandyCane23049

CandyCane23049

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,738 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:26 AM

#237 CandyCane23049

CandyCane23049

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,738 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted Yesterday, 07:45 AM

#238 Oodles

Oodles

σɳℓყ ƒσ૨ ʝเɦყσ 🍜

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,558 posts
  • Location#ThankYouWG ♥

Posted Yesterday, 02:52 PM

lmao cute

#239 CandyCane23049

CandyCane23049

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,738 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted Yesterday, 04:24 PM

lmao cute

I just wish I knew what they were saying.  laugh.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: JYP, TME, NCC Ent, Han Yu, Xin Long, Zihao, Ze Yu, Ming Rui, Shu Yang, Boystory

Up, Up and Away!