Photo

Are there any new plans on CL's American debut?

CL 2NE1 YG

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 rose

rose

Idol

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:20 PM

Was it all scrapped? The only time she makes headlines is when it's K-pop related and in one more week, it's going to be a year since she debuted (Well her fans claims it's not a debut) with LIFTED.

#2 truth teller

truth teller

Idol

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:20 PM

Who is CL? A debutee?

#3 rose

rose

Idol

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:21 PM

Who is CL? A debutee?

An Instagram model atm.

#4 amortentia

amortentia

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:22 PM

who

#5 Z O Ë

Z O Ë

❤KYUNGSOO IS LIFE❤

• PipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:23 PM

Last I heard was that she was working with Will.I.Am

#6 JOYLUV

JOYLUV

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:24 PM (Edited by JOYLUV, 12 August 2017 - 07:25 PM.)

I dont think so
She tanked so hard
Even BP korean song did só much better on iTunes us
She will never going to happen there
Lets face it

#7 rose

rose

Idol

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

Wasn't that back in 2015? I recall them releasing a song together last year....but this was before LIFTED.

#8 Mei Matsumoto

Mei Matsumoto

Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:28 PM

She's a Nugu in America.

I don't think Western artists wanna hang out with her.

#9 JOYLUV

JOYLUV

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:32 PM

Yeah, Just like 2ne1 english album
We All know How it ended...

#10 fxfourwalls

fxfourwalls

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:33 PM

I heard that she's making new English songs. It was said im dara's recent youtube video.

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk

#11 Sue21

Sue21

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,802 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

I'm pretty convinced there isn't an album. I've accepted i'm stanning someone who only performs old songs and does photoshoots.

Kinda amazing how people love to claim she's so irrelevant yet show up to her threads so quickly to hate on someone who literally hasn't done shit for over 9 months.

#12 lisa's left tit

lisa's left tit

Trainee

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:56 PM (Edited by lisa's left tit, 12 August 2017 - 07:57 PM.)

A nonblack person like CL isn't gonna be able to break into the American rap game nowadays period. All this cultural appropriation talk basically tanked all nonblack rap artists in the U.S. I mean, look at Iggy Azalea, Honey Cocaine, Snow Tha Product, etc. 

#13 Z O Ë

Z O Ë

❤KYUNGSOO IS LIFE❤

• PipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:59 PM

Wasn't that back in 2015? I recall them releasing a song together last year....but this was before LIFTED.

Yeah but wasn't that rumer of her being in Black Eyed Peas earlier this year

#14 CareBear08

CareBear08

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,600 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:26 PM

I'm just as confused as anyone else. I remember we were all talking about it one day and then bam, here we are a year or two later and it's been silent. 

#15 rose

rose

Idol

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:49 PM (Edited by rose, 12 August 2017 - 09:50 PM.)

Yeah but wasn't that rumer of her being in Black Eyed Peas earlier this year

I don't know, honestly. That's why I made this thread...

I'm pretty convinced there isn't an album. I've accepted i'm stanning someone who only performs old songs and does photoshoots.

Kinda amazing how people love to claim she's so irrelevant yet show up to her threads so quickly to hate on someone who literally hasn't done shit for over 9 months.

So she has done live performances lately you're saying? And CL is nowhere near irrelevant, especially in South Korea. That's why I don't understand why YG won't just invest in her solo career there instead. Breaking into America's market isn't an easy task but I feel she'd have it a lot easier if YG at least builds a solid fan base in Asia first.

#16 tuentiuan

tuentiuan

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:40 PM

After 6 years I now understand that kpop is basically for girls that are from 16 to 22 and mainly for cute concepts. They will get a 5 years contract plus a 2-3 more years contract if it goes well. And that is it.  imstupid.png

#17 Sue21

Sue21

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,802 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:38 PM

So she has done live performances lately you're saying? And CL is nowhere near irrelevant, especially in South Korea. That's why I don't understand why YG won't just invest in her solo career there instead. Breaking into America's market isn't an easy task but I feel she'd have it a lot easier if YG at least builds a solid fan base in Asia first.

She has done some performances this year and has 2 coming up in Japan on the 19th and 20th.
Honestly, i don't understand her or her team anymore. She said that working with her U.S. team is better and she feels more free than her korean team but after she released Lifted, she really hasnt done much. She seems satisfied with performing her old solos and 2ne1 songs at random events.

#18 Eddy Got Back

Eddy Got Back

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:07 AM

A nonblack person like CL isn't gonna be able to break into the American rap game nowadays period. All this cultural appropriation talk basically tanked all nonblack rap artists in the U.S. I mean, look at Iggy Azalea, Honey Cocaine, Snow Tha Product, etc. 

She never said she was tryin to break into the US rap game lmao. She's just pullin out an english-language album in the US, there will probably be some raps on it, but from all the snippets we got it's a lot of singing too. She will probably go on the same route as Fergie.

And, you, a K-pop fan is nowhere in the place to talk about cultural appropriation lmfao.

''tanked all nonblack rap artists in the U.S''

Well Eminem, Fergie (i'm puttin her name even tho she not a hip hop artist coz she got dragged to hell too 10 years ago), M.I.A. , Mac Miller, G-Eazy... and all the other underground hip hop artists.. u gon act like they don't exist and aren't succesful and respected ?

it's going to be a year since she debuted (Well her fans claims it's not a debut) with LIFTED.

We never claimed it's not her official debut lmao

Actually her team claimed that once the song flopped, CL then said she will have her ''real'' debut soon

She did work with will.i.am around 2015/2016.

They also shot a music video in January/February 2016 for their song ''Superdope''. The song leaked not long after that.

#19 Elyace

Elyace

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:07 PM

She has done some performances this year and has 2 coming up in Japan on the 19th and 20th.
Honestly, i don't understand her or her team anymore. She said that working with her U.S. team is better and she feels more free than her korean team but after she released Lifted, she really hasnt done much. She seems satisfied with performing her old solos and 2ne1 songs at random events.

Who do you think handles her for career now? Is it solely Scooter or YG? Or both? 

#20 toshi

toshi

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:47 PM

Who do you think handles her for career now? Is it solely Scooter or YG? Or both? 

I feel like its both and that could be one of the problems, like she might need to sort of choose one or the other. 

Up, Up and Away!