Photo

Question for Overwatch players

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 AriLikeTT

AriLikeTT

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:03 PM

Okay so I play Overwatch on PS4 & I main Widowmaker. I'm a pretty average Widow main, but I've logged in almost 100 hours with her. Is it bad that I'm only average at best with her? I know she's one of the hardest characters to play with, but it does feel rewarding to do great with her at times.

By average, I don't mean awful, I mean that out of ten games, maybe three are play of the game worthy, four are a couple headshots & body shots, and three are so bad that I have to switch my hero.

I should also mention that Overwatch is my first fps game & second shooting-based game overall.

I just want to know if I should continue to try to get better as her. Not necessary Kephrii level, but just above average.

#2 Lunatica

Lunatica

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:12 PM

Well i have a  lot hours on certain heroes yet still suck with them0u0plz.png  But this is my first fps too so..  Yeah, i dont think its wierd at all

#3 Suzy Quatro

Suzy Quatro

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,203 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:44 AM

I only play it on PC so I really don't know how hard it is to aim in PS4 with a controller and how it compares to aiming with a mouse. I would assume is harder with the controller and than no one can't take Pharrahs out in console lol, but aside from that having many hours doesn't guarantee you to be good or bad, or at least it isn't a measure that relate directly to your skill level.

I can be wrong about this but I would consider having around 2.5 (or above) eliminations per life in the goodish area. If you average below on that you definitely need to work on your aiming and positioning but if you're already at that level then the next thing to improve would be to make the kills you make to count and being meaningful. That means you learn to prioritize targets, like instead of shooting the tanks you should always go for the mercys and dps first. Sometimes you can have a lot of kills and still lose if you let the mercy alive or the enemy dps that is whipping your entire team.

The problem with Widow is she tends to be a bit of a niche character, so it's difficult for your team to adapt around her if you're just playing with randoms but if you like her you should just keep playing her and trying to figure out ways to keep improving.

#4 caradeplastico

caradeplastico

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:35 PM

Since this is your first FPS you're probably developing muscle memory for aiming when people take years playing other games to be good.

If you really wanna be good with her, you should do warm ups before starting matchs with real players.

Up, Up and Away!