• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 haruko

haruko

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

The article basically compares the warmth welcome and number of fans waiting for big chinese celebs in the airport and talks about how less bodyguards they have to protect them even though theirs hundreds of them crowding and waiting for them. It takls about Yang Mi, Zhao Li Ying, Luhan and Kris.

0H31TyloP8

0H31TyJsNP

0H31Tygahr

0H31Ty0Qzq

This in contrast to some Korean celebs who hire more bodyguards but its embarrasing to note that not that many fans are there for them. Its like they are expecting people to crowd around them but the reality hits them. It talks about Song Jong Ki and Jessica & Krystal.

The article says they hired 20 bodyguards but the crowd aint that many.

0H31TymWc1

0H31TymWc1

This is Song Joong Ki. At the height of Descendants of the Sun fame, hired so many guards forming a layer but the number of fans aren't that many though which is kind of embarassing.

0H31TyPukZ

#2 uncooked instant steak

uncooked instant steak

Idol

• PipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Locationkorea national summer anthem red flavor's 24/7 party

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:07 PM

well they do say fame get to people

#3 Pandemonium

Pandemonium

They Call Me Baepsae

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationWherever you're from, learn to forgive and move on. Love yourself a little more. Don't think too much about others' opinions of you. You are what you love, not what loves you.

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:08 PM

Ive never seen bodyguards hold hands

#4 ars longa vita brevis

ars longa vita brevis

in between daniel and youngjae

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationIT'S A BEAUTIFUL SKY...

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:10 PM

1/5 of the people on earth live in China. They must have been expected more rightfullylaugh.png

#5 haruko

haruko

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:10 PM

Ive never seen bodyguards hold hands

I do laughed at that pic. So many guards yet so little crowds, and they are holding hands.

#6 kchungha

kchungha

Idol

• PipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

i'd feel embarassed 

#7 waycrispy1

waycrispy1

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:13 PM

This is hilarious, although some people do love to media play their influence over there. I haven't seen anything worse than Luhan's crowds. When he's at the train station, that place is literally paralyzed, there doesn't seem to be a place to get in or out.

#8 Lovesound

Lovesound

• PipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:16 PM (Edited by kdoyoungk, 12 August 2017 - 01:18 PM.)

joongki lmao

pengamanan-aneh-song-joong-ki.jpg

#9 kyungsoosthickthighs

kyungsoosthickthighs

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Locationthe depths of ksoos ass

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:22 PM

this is really funny tho hurrplz.png

#10 CosmicEnchantedUnicorn

CosmicEnchantedUnicorn

ღ 슬기의 아내와 두부의 여자 친구 ღ

• PipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • Location𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝒹𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓁𝓊𝓃𝑔𝓈, 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈. 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝒶 𝒸𝒽𝒾𝓁𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓈𝓂𝑜𝓈, 𝒶 𝓇𝓊𝓁𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓀𝒾𝑒𝓈. · * ⊹  *    ✹ .   *  .       .     ✺ *    · ˚ .             ⋆ ✹ ✫      ✵ ⊹

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:38 PM

laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

#11 Clicklesly

Clicklesly

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:47 PM

I remember watching the episode where Running Man team went to China the first time, in other countries they were already filling airports with fans and there it was completely empty, but there were almost more guards for them than they had the entire crew. It looked pretty embarassing 0u0plz.png

https://youtu.be/zXaGaNrgcbc?t=3m17s

Spoiler

#12 Honeystan

Honeystan

AJOL Entertainment PR Team

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,039 posts
  • LocationAJOL Entertainment

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:53 PM

isn't it their companies responsible for hiring the guards? 

#13 doby

doby

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:37 PM

This is so embarrassing for Joonki lmao. Nice enough dude but you ain't all THAT. Even with all those guards people are just like wtf in the background

#14 Luna5

Luna5

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 992 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:52 PM

This is so embarrassing for Joonki lmao. Nice enough dude but you ain't all THAT. Even with all those guards people are just like wtf in the background

lol soo true

#15 WJSN

WJSN

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:21 PM (Edited by WJSN, 13 August 2017 - 12:21 PM.)

I reminded of that running man episode in China

Thus is generally true

#16 Kami Nana

Kami Nana

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:02 PM

Why do I get the feeling the article is cherry picking?

#17 GINOZA

GINOZA

Dream Fighter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts
  • LocationYou're so special and you don't even realize it ♡ TECHI ♡

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:38 PM

#18 Roona

Roona

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,241 posts
  • LocationDreamlover

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:54 PM

Why aren't they hiring 20 bodyguards when they are in Koreans airport

#19 b_krystalized

b_krystalized

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:10 AM

I think this article is racist because if korean celebs are hiring guards in China than they should also hire them in other countries but I haven't seen such thing on other airports or places. I follow f(x) and mostly they travel only with their manager and not a single guard. They are more popular in Korea and didn't hire a single guard why would they hire so many guards in a foreign country??? I don't get it?? I don't think its an honest opinion of writer of this article. The writer only wanted to degrade Korean celebs in China idontthinksobetchplz.png

I think guards are provided by these countries for the security of celebs coming from other countries so nothing bad happens and defame their countries image in the world. I would say for precautionary measures. 

#20 Kami Nana

Kami Nana

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:07 PM

I think this article is racist because if korean celebs are hiring guards in China than they should also hire them in other countries but I haven't seen such thing on other airports or places. I follow f(x) and mostly they travel only with their manager and not a single guard. They are more popular in Korea and didn't hire a single guard why would they hire so many guards in a foreign country??? I don't get it?? I don't think its an honest opinion of writer of this article. The writer only wanted to degrade Korean celebs in China https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

I think guards are provided by these countries for the security of celebs coming from other countries so nothing bad happens and defame their countries image in the world. I would say for precautionary measures. 

Considering what happened to Jessica last year, that might very well be it. I agree, though, this seems like some kind of Nationalist hit piece against Korean celebs. After all, I remember seeing airport photos and such of crowds greeting Jessica, too. Like I said before, I think the author did some cherry-picking.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Yang Mi, Zhao Li Ying, Luhan, Kris, Jessica, Krystal, Song Joong Ki

Up, Up and Away!