Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Yul-aholic

Girls' Generation/SNSD - A Complete Data Record (Sales, Streams, Achievements & More!)

don't they hold the highest amount of youtube views for a Korean artist in the timeframe before PSY?

This week on Gaon Domestic Charts:

Holiday

#51 - 25,635 downloads (-9)

#38 - 1,687,832 streams (-8)

The album also ranked on the weekly album chart (#13), which means the demand is still high :)

so how many daesang that SNSD got?? Daesang are Song Of The Year, Artist Of the Year and Album of The Year

i think they got more than 20 right?

KKBOX Music Awards - Album of the Year - Run Devil Run (2011)

MTV Video Music Awards Japan - Album of the Year - 1st Japanese Album (2012)

Monkey3 Music Awards - Song of the Year - Oh! (2010)

Soridaba Music Awards - Artist of the Year - Girls' Generation (2010)

Dosirak Music Awards - Artist of the Year - Girls' Generation (2010)

Bugs Music Awards - Artist of the Year - Girls' Generation (2010), Song of the Year - Oh! (2010)

Korean Broadcasting Awards - Artist of the Year - Girls' Generation (2010)

Korea PD Awards - Artist of the Year - Girls' Generation (2010)

KBS Music Festival - Song of the Year - Oh! (2010)

Sports Korea Awards - Artist of the Year - Girls' Generation (2009, 2010), Song of the Year - Gee (2009)

National Assembly of South Korea - Artist of the Year - Girls' Generation (2009)

MBC Entertainment Awards - Artist of the Year - Girls' Generation (2009)

Korean Cultural Entertainment Awards - Artist of the Year - Girls' Generation (2009)

Korean Music Awards - Song of the Year - Gee (2010) â™›

Mnet Asian Music Awards - Artist of the Year - Girls' Generation (2011) â™›

Melon Music Awards - Artist of the Year - Girls' Generation (2009, 2010) â™›, Song of the Year - Gee (2009) â™›, 

Seoul Music Awards - Grand Prize (Daesang) - Girls' Generation (2010, 2011) â™›

Golden Disc Awards - Song of the Year - Gee (2009) â™›, Song of the Year - The Boys (2012) â™›, Album of the Year - Oh! (2010) â™›

Total = 26 Daesang

please call all of this Daesang because other groups also include every song, artists or album of the year as daesang. Example is Soribada music awards: Twice include them in their daesang list.

Edited by soshitilltheend

so how many daesang that SNSD got?? Daesang are Song Of The Year, Artist Of the Year and Album of The Year and Video of The Year (for Youtube Music Awards).

i think they got more than 20 right?

10 daesangs. The daesangs were just given by MAMA, MMA, SMA, GDA and KMA in Snsd's peak (so the youtube music award isn't counted). Now AAA and SoribadaMA give them too so it's easier to get daesangs.

The daesangs are in the list of awards received, major awards. 

10 daesangs. The daesangs were just given by MAMA, MMA, SMA, GDA and KMA in Snsd's peak (so the youtube music award isn't counted). Now AAA and SoribadaMA give them too so it's easier to get daesangs.

The daesangs are in the list of awards received, major awards. 

read again my post, group like twice call their soribada daesang as their daesang. It's unfair if we not do the same like them

edit: we also got daesang in soribada music awards (2010)

sorry but Monkey3 Music Awards and Bugs Music Awards are same like Soribada or melon why we not include them?

if we just counted music awards we got at least 15 daesang

Melon Music Awards - Artist of the Year - Girls' Generation (2009, 2010) â™›, Song of the Year - Gee (2009) â™›, 

Golden Disc Awards - Song of the Year - Gee (2009) â™›, Song of the Year - The Boys (2012) â™›, Album of the Year - Oh! (2010) â™›

Bugs Music Awards - Artist of the Year - Girls' Generation (2010), Song of the Year - Oh! (2010)

read again my post, group like twice call their soribada daesang as their daesang. It's unfair if we not do the same like them

edit: we also got daesang in soribada music awards (2010)

sorry but Monkey3 Music Awards and Bugs Music Awards are same like Soribada or melon why we not include them?

if we just counted music awards we got at least 15 daesang

I wasn't into kpop back then and i'm not sure, but the problem is that probably these shows didn't name the awards as ''daesangs'', but just as Artist/song/album of the year. For example, Seoul music awards have Soty and Albumoty too but these aren't daesangs, the only daesang is the Main award (basically the Artistoty). Soribada music awards call this year their 2 grand prizes as daesangs, so they're probably going to be counted as daesangs.

Honestly i think it's unfair too hahaha, the soribada music awards this year were a joke they shouldn't be able to give 2 daesangs. 

Apart of that, if you can find any video or whatever were those awards of Snsd were named ''daesangs'' but people didn't count them, then they can be added as daesangs, but as i said the problem is probably that they weren't named daesangs when they gave them.

Edited by juanlag

I wasn't into kpop back then and i'm not sure, but the problem is that probably these shows didn't name the awards as ''daesangs'', but just as Artist/song/album of the year. For example, Seoul music awards have Soty and Albumoty too but these aren't daesangs, the only daesang is the Main award (basically the Artistoty). Soribada music awards call this year their 2 grand prizes as daesangs, so they're probably going to be counted as daesangs.

Honestly i think it's unfair too hahaha, the soribada music awards this year were a joke they shouldn't be able to give 2 daesangs. 

Apart of that, if you can find any video or whatever were those awards of Snsd were named ''daesangs'' but people didn't count them, then they can be added as daesangs, but as i said the problem is probably that they weren't named daesangs when they gave them.

yes you're right :(

but they legit got daesang at korea cultural entertainment awards, you can hear "Daesang" at 0:10

EDIT: WE GOT 12 DAESANG

Daesang at Seoul Cultural Arts Awards!!!!!!!!

the MC said "KASU DAESANG" and Kasu = Singer in korea. So SNSD got Singer Daesang/Artist Of The year

yes you're right :(

but they legit got daesang at korea cultural entertainment awards, you can hear "Daesang" at 0:10

so now we go 11 daesang lol

Ok you've just gave a daesang to Snsd LOL.

Your comment made me think, when i've free time i may check some videos of their awards to see if they have any more daesang, if these SoribadaMA had daesangs then all the awards can have...

Ok you've just gave a daesang to Snsd LOL.

Your comment made me think, when i've free time i may check some videos of their awards to see if they have any more daesang, if these SoribadaMA had daesangs then all the awards can have...

WE GOT 12 DAESANG, CHECK AGAIN MY POST.

laugh.png i just check on youtube and found them..

yes please, lets give more daesang to our girlsahmagahplz.png

To OP please update, we got 12 daesang in total

@Yul-aholic

Read the last posts, are them legit? i mean, if all the awards named daesangs are daesangs then we can add those, isn't it?

i will keep with 12 daesang. But IF onces include PD grand awards as Twice daesang and Exo-L include KBS music festival as Exo daesang, So we Sone also can claim Korea PD Awards - Artist of the Year - Girls' Generation (2010) and KBS Music Festival - Song of the Year - Oh! (2010) as Daesangs.

daesang is literally just the "grand prize" of award shows just like how inkisangs are the popularity awards. Kpopfans have always only counted the grand prizes of the big legit music awards, idk why they'd do it differently now.

Many people discredit the Gaon Charts Music Awards and now we suddenly want to include even less relevant ones?

All those "artist/album/song of the year" do fit the definition of a daesang (the grand prize of the ceremony) and some are even named like that, but traditionally we only count the daesangs given by the five major awards shows:

- Golden Disc Awards

- Korean Music Awards

- Melon Music Awards

- Mnet Asian Music Awards

- Seoul Music Awards

Other awards shows (like Soribada, for example) and also give "daesangs", but they don't have the same relevance/prestige as the ones mentioned above, and that's why we don't include them in the list. That said, I don't see anything wrong in saying "SNSD has over 20 daesangs" (since a lot of these newbie fans are counting irrelevant prizes as daesangs), but keep in mind that they're just inflating what their faves have achieved - which is something I believe sones don't need to do.

Holiday

#55 - 22,523 downloads (-4)

#42 - 1,466,891 streams (-4)

Holiday Night ranked #38 on the Album Chart. Unfortunately, none of their last stations songs (When The Wind Blows and U&I) could make it onto the weekly chart :c

-

Pre-Gaon estimates were finally added! Mr Receipts will probably write a better explanation about the method we used on his thread as soon as he updates it, but you can also check some notes about it on the F.A.Q. section of this data record.

Total recorded sales jumped from 89,209,292+ to 94,631,815+, making them the second best-selling korean artist of all time, surpassing IU and only behind Big Bang. That said, keep in mind that we only estimated the sales of singles that charted on 2007/2008/2009 annual charts, so the total score is likely to be even higher.

Edited by Yul-aholic

Holiday

#42 - 1,466,891 streams (-4)

Holiday Night ranked #38 on the Album Chart. Unfortunately, none of their last stations songs (When The Wind Blows and U&I) could make it onto the weekly chart :c

-

Pre-Gaon estimates were finally added! Mr Receipts will probably write a better explanation about the method we used on his thread as soon as he updates it, but you can also check some notes about it on the F.A.Q. section of this data record.

Total recorded sales jumped from 89,209,292+ to 94,631,815+, making them the second best-selling korean artist of all time, surpassing IU and only behind Big Bang. That said, keep in mind that we only estimated the sales of singles that charted on 2007/2008/2009 annual charts, so the total score is likely to be even higher.

ALL HAIL TO THE QUEENS

snsd_paparazzi.gif

IU probably going to outsold again with her upcoming comeback tho..

will you be able to correct the "List of Best-Selling Girl Groups" wikipedia page with this sourced information? Its ridiculous that soshi still hasn't been included in the top ten list. thank you for your work!

That page is a fucking mess, fangirls and fanboys keep changing the numbers all the time and whenever someone tries to update the sales with actual sources, the admin will undo the edit saying we need better sources. Honestly, I hope it will be deleted just like the "best-selling boy groups" page was.

Holiday

#42 - 1,466,891 streams (-4)

-

Total recorded sales jumped from 89,209,292+ to 94,631,815+, making them the second best-selling korean artist of all time, surpassing IU and only behind Big Bang. That said, keep in mind that we only estimated the sales of singles that charted on 2007/2008/2009 annual charts, so the total score is likely to be even higher.

From where did you get tge pre-gaon sales?(dgt of course)

Gonna bookmark this thread!

I love you guys and girls...

- With around 90 million recorded sales, Girls' Generation is the best-selling korean girl group of all time

- Girls' Generation is also the second best-selling girl group in the world 

- Being downloaded at least 5 million times, Gee is the best-selling girl group song in the history of South Korea

- Released in 2009, Gee was crowned the song of the decade by Melon

- With over 460k sales in South Korea, The Boys is the best-selling girl group album in the history of Gaon

- The first and only girl group to win a Disc Daesang

The most awarded korean girl group of all time - and possibly the most awarded girl group in the world too

- The first and only girl group to have won Song of the Year at the Korean Music Awards

- The first and only girl group to win the Artist of the Year award at the Seoul Music Awards for two years

- The first and only girl group to win the Best Female Group award at MAMA in 3 different years (2011, 2013 & 2015)

- The artist with most wins on korean music shows - a total of 136 with 23 different songs

- The most amount of triple crowns on Music Shows among all girl groups

- Gee won the first place in Music Bank for 9 weeks, a record among k-pop groups

- Holiday Night has charted in a total of 61 countries and topped iTunes in 20, the most for any korean female artist ever

- I Got A Boy is the only release in korean history to top the download, streaming, digital and album monthly chart on Gaon

- The first and only korean artist to win the Youtube Music Awards

- The first asian group to reach a combined of 1 billion views on Youtube

- In 2013, Gee became the first idol group music video to reach 100 million views on Youtube

- Half of the ten highest-grossing girl group tours of all time belong to Girls' Generation

- Girls' Generation was chosen the best k-pop girl group of the past decade by Billboard

- I Got A Boy ranked #21 in Billboard's Top 100 Best Girl Group Songs of All Time, the highest among all asian artists

- The only Korean group to have a certified million-seller album in Japan

THESE ARE SO IMPRESSIVE. Girls' Generation - The Mega Legends and will forever be the MOST successful K-POP Girl Group. 

Kudos for all your hard work, OP! ahmagahplz.png  chuplz.png 

Some nice receipts for the anits. dave.png

Edited by G.E.B