Dota Dota2 Valve Noob Pro Gamer Game MOBA MMR

545 replies to this topic

#1 momorinxoxo

momorinxoxo

❄️행복이❄️

• PipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • LocationDistrict 9

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:33 AM (Edited by momorinxoxo, 08 March 2017 - 03:21 PM.)

dota-2-logo.png

Dota 2 is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game set in a three-dimensional (3D) graphical environment, presented from an oblique high-angle perspective. Two five-player teams, referred to as the Dire and Radiant, compete in matches on an asymmetrical playing field. Each player commands one of 110 "Hero" characters, which feature unique abilities and styles of play. At the start of a match, all Heroes have an experience level of one: they level up, and become more powerful, by accumulating experience points through combat. Whenever a Hero gains a level, the player may unlock a new ability for them, or enhance their statistics. Each Hero's method of combat is influenced by its primary "attribute": Strength, Agility or Intelligence. The Dire and Radiant occupy strongholds in opposite corners of the playing field, divided by a river. Within each base is a critical structure called the "Ancient", along with a fountain that regenerates Heroes' health and magic points. A match ends when one side breaches the other's stronghold and destroys the Ancient therein. The two strongholds are connected by three paths, referred to as "lanes", which are guarded by defensive towers and artificially intelligent creatures called "creeps". These creatures periodically spawn in groups and travel along the lanes to attack enemy Heroes, creeps and buildings. Also present are "neutral creeps" hostile to both Radiant and Dire, the most powerful of which is "Roshan", a boss that may be killed by either side to obtain a powerful reward. During a match, the player receives a small, continuous stream of gold, which may be spent on items that provide powers and enhancements to their Hero. Gold is obtained by destroying enemy structures, creeps, and Heroes as well. Only the Hero that lands the killing blow on a creep obtains gold from it, an act called "last hitting", but all nearby allies receive gold when an enemy Hero dies. Players may "deny" their opponents gold and experience by destroying allied units and structures.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dota_2

LINKS:

http://blog.dota2.com/ - Official Dota 2
http://www.playdota.com/ - Game origins

http://www.dotafire.com/ - Indepth builds, guides and strategies
http://www.joindota.com/en/start - Check the latest news updates, watch live streams etc.
https://www.twitch.t...ory/game/Dota 2 - Watch live streams (Arteezy, Dendi, Purge, etc)
http://dotabuff.com/ - in depth statistics, share games, profiles, and better understand the game we all love. Raw statistical data from billions of public matches into actionable information that you can use to learn and improve.

OP's Dota2 thoughts and words of wisdom dave.png
Not to scare people off it but to give you an understanding that this game requires a certain trait you need in your personality to enjoy it and keep you in the game. it requires that competitive instinct.
The game has one of the steepest learning curves and is very unforgiving. Even if you say you play it for fun you still need this trait because the competitiveness is what makes this game fun. its the same with StarCraft.

As a player I don't mind new players and have often helped out people that are willing to listen and improve, in fact I welcome it. But every game has their bad eggs that ruin it and make you wanna smash your face on the keyboard. Its all about the community and the only way to improve it is to have people with the right attitude.

Add me ♥

https://steamcommuni.../WhiteDragonRin

Mk9zo9.gif

OH DOTA 2 PLAYERS

(post here/pm me if you want to be added^^)

momorinxoxo

#2 Chungie

Chungie

Lena Headey's boy toy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:37 AM

:ahmagah: :ahmagah:

#3 sadface

sadface

let's not fall in love

• remnant of the past
  • 1,963 posts
  • Locationhi if u need any help reach for the admins i'm only here to lurk!

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:54 AM

Dotaaaaa!!!

I havent played it for a month since my comp gets screwed up cries

Do you guys follow competitive dota? Which team do you support?

#4 DatFrackHead

DatFrackHead

Senior Idol

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:58 AM

Dotaaaaa!!!

I havent played it for a month since my comp gets screwed up cries

Do you guys follow competitive dota? Which team do you support?

yeah been watching the TI3 qualifiers. so sad about Qpad T_T no singsing to troll his way to a million dollars

#5 sadface

sadface

let's not fall in love

• remnant of the past
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:02 AM

yeah been watching the TI3 qualifiers. so sad about Qpad T_T no singsing to troll his way to a million dollars

Lol singsing has his masturbation i cant never get enough of him.

It is sad though, his teammates arent up to par, and Sing alone couldn't do it all. Such a pity for qpad. Mouz and dd deserved their places too, they were playing so well, especially Mouz.

I'm so excited for TI3 omg

#6 DatFrackHead

DatFrackHead

Senior Idol

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

Lol singsing has his masturbation i cant never get enough of him.

It is sad though, his teammates arent up to par, and Sing alone couldn't do it all. Such a pity for qpad. Mouz and dd deserved their places too, they were playing so well, especially Mouz.

I'm so excited for TI3 omg

yeah SelecT went back to sc2 which is fine coz he didn't live up to the hype anyway but Mini left he was solid that guy.

DD looked soo strong might be a contender but im pretty sure the Chinese teams are gonna clean sweep 1st 2nd and 3rd. Na'Vi new lineup looks abit weak atm

#7 sadface

sadface

let's not fall in love

• remnant of the past
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:19 AM

yeah SelecT went back to sc2 which is fine coz he didn't live up to the hype anyway but Mini left he was solid that guy.

DD looked soo strong might be a contender but im pretty sure the Chinese teams are gonna clean sweep 1st 2nd and 3rd. Na'Vi new lineup looks abit weak atm

Yea i'm so sad as a na'vi fanboy:( however still, kuroky and funnik are really good players, and xboct s actually improving a lot. Hope they will bounce back in time

Did u watch the g-1 league lan final? I was so surprised by Alliance, man. Like they cruised past Orange, IG, LGD.cn and such without dropping a single game! That really gave me hope for Western dota lol. As IG is currently on a slump, Alliance is actually standing out as the strongest team atm lol

#8 DatFrackHead

DatFrackHead

Senior Idol

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:28 AM

Yea i'm so sad as a na'vi fanboy:( however still, kuroky and funnik are really good players, and xboct s actually improving a lot. Hope they will bounce back in time

Did u watch the g-1 league lan final? I was so surprised by Alliance, man. Like they cruised past Orange, IG, LGD.cn and such without dropping a single game! That really gave me hope for Western dota lol. As IG is currently on a slump, Alliance is actually standing out as the strongest team atm lol

nah i didn't catch the final but i did hear alliance won easily. impressive.  Everyone wants to see some heroes emerge to challenge the Asians LOL

#9 jujube

jujube

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:33 AM

LoL > dota 2

#10 IceHism

IceHism

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:33 AM

Dota is my first Moba(ARTS) game and my one true love.

Love the serious hardcore stuff that Icefrog puts into the game

I play it alongside with LoL and HoN.

I support chinese teams the most. DK with burning.  Vici with ZSMJ, IG, LGD, rattlesnake, zenith (iceiceice baby), and orange.

I have no qualms to say that one of my favorite heroes is Cancer Lancer

Alliance is gonna own International 3 tbh.

#11 sadface

sadface

let's not fall in love

• remnant of the past
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

Dota is my first Moba(ARTS) game and my one true love.
Love the serious hardcore stuff that Icefrog puts into the game

I play it alongside with LoL and HoN.

I support chinese teams the most. DK with burning.  Vici with ZSMJ, IG, LGD, rattlesnake, zenith (iceiceice baby), and orange.

I have no qualms to say that one of my favorite heroes is Cancer Lancer

Alliance is gonna own International 3 tbh.

Pftt i think zsmj is pretty overrated. Like burNing is like the real awesome carry, he has a great game sense and execution
I hope the new patch will come soon so everything will be a mess haha. Like Lone Druid got a heavy nerf in this 6.78 patch, as they fixed the armlet interaction with the Bear lol, and all the not-so-popular heroes got heavily buffed. The meta will change drastically lol

My fave hero is Bounty Hunter, though I think I'm good at playing supports lol. My highest winrate is with Necrolyte and Warlock haha

#12 IceHism

IceHism

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:50 AM

Pftt i think zsmj is pretty overrated. Like burNing is like the real awesome carry, he has a great game sense and execution
I hope the new patch will come soon so everything will be a mess haha. Like Lone Druid got a heavy nerf in this 6.78 patch, as they fixed the armlet interaction with the Bear lol, and all the not-so-popular heroes got heavily buffed. The meta will change drastically lol

My fave hero is Bounty Hunter, though I think I'm good at playing supports lol. My highest winrate is with Necrolyte and Warlock haha

Doesn't matter if ZSMJ is overrated to like Burning or Zhou, he's still part of the big 3 carries :P

Some of the changes in 6.78 are so ridiculous. like you got Necrolyte stopping buybacks, Global Guardian Angel, Infinite doom, and 10 bounce chain frost (ouch)

Big nerfs to all the heroes that needed it atleast.  Shitty RP damage for Magnus, Armlet bear fixed, Vision lowered on Bat rider, Nerf to wisp's laning.  lowered scaling on Nyx mana burn

I hope all the picks become different.  It would be so weird to start seeing Bloodseeker ,Spiritbreaker,, Ursa, and etc.

Though have you seen the new captain mode changes.  That drafting formula is so intense.  You can't get outdrafted so hard as the 1-2-2-1-1-1-1-1 format but it becomes easier to lock down key strategies and more spread of all the strong heroes.

#13 sadface

sadface

let's not fall in love

• remnant of the past
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

Doesn't matter if ZSMJ is overrated to like Burning or Zhou, he's still part of the big 3 carries :P

Some of the changes in 6.78 are so ridiculous. like you got Necrolyte stopping buybacks, Global Guardian Angel, Infinite doom, and 10 bounce chain frost (ouch)
Big nerfs to all the heroes that needed it atleast.  Shitty RP damage for Magnus, Armlet bear fixed, Vision lowered on Bat rider, Nerf to wisp's laning.  lowered scaling on Nyx mana burn

I hope all the picks become different.  It would be so weird to start seeing Bloodseeker ,Spiritbreaker,, Ursa, and etc.

Though have you seen the new captain mode changes.  That drafting formula is so intense.  You can't get outdrafted so hard as the 1-2-2-1-1-1-1-1 format but it becomes easier to lock down key strategies and more spread of all the strong heroes.

I know right, the changes are so ridiculous yet awesome at the same time. Like it changes sooo much that everything we know about the game change. Watever, i just want for gyro and LD to disappear from the meta, like they are ridiculously strong yet boring af. Next meta will have Necrolyte and Omniknight to be first ban first pick material haha

The new captain mode drafting is really intense, man. And it will be harder to get a combo Like CK Wisp lol

#14 Sooooooji ._.

Sooooooji ._.

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Locationderp town

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:41 AM

the big three chinese carries are currently burning,zhou,sylar imo,zsmj needs more experience in dota 2.

the necrolyte buff seems really nice,maybe iG will pick him up more often like they did in previous tournaments :ahmagah: .
The other aghanims upgrade except doombringer's seems kinda pointless in competitive matches since i don't really see supports like omniknight(unless he goes mid)/lich/ancient apparition getting enough gold to get scepter unless the game goes ~50 minutes.

btw,glad to see people playing dota 2 on this forum  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:

#15 DatFrackHead

DatFrackHead

Senior Idol

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

Yo did anyone catch the Empire vs Na'Vi game? dat Dendi Pudge

the new patch wont be implemented until the end of TI3 im pretty sure but i do have to agree with Sooooji here but who knows LOL we might start seeing alot of Omni tri lane pickups. but this patch is gonna wreck the Pub meta LOL

http://www.joindota....s-been-released

#16 IceHism

IceHism

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

the new patch wont be implemented until the end of TI3 im pretty sure but i do have to agree with Sooooji here but who knows LOL we might start seeing alot of Omni tri lane pickups. but this patch is gonna wreck the Pub meta LOL

Nope, icefrog confirmed TI3 is taking place on 6.78 balance

#17 sadface

sadface

let's not fall in love

• remnant of the past
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:13 AM

Yea icefraud confirmed that ti3 will play with 6.78 balance.
Na'vi played well yesterday lol, though they were just playing yolomode most of the game.
It is so sad to see Empire this weak. Like they were a top tier team months ago, and now they got raped even picking kotl+pl combo.
That pudge and 13 min gg lol

#18 DatFrackHead

DatFrackHead

Senior Idol

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

ah really? i guess my source is wrong. that will be interesting to see when it does get put in. i remember Morphling was always picked in Ti2 but after the morph nerf he was dropped from competitive play instantly.

Do you guys think the meta will change? how drastic would you say the change will be?

my prediction is the bear nerf which gives them 300g for the bear when killed will effect the pick up alot. cant send in bear to suicide for tower anymore. imagine killing the bear then sylla..

#19 sadface

sadface

let's not fall in love

• remnant of the past
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

I foresee a large change in the variety of picks, as many obsolete heroes get heavily buffed, and imba lone druid got nerfed so hard. gyro got nerfed too, the Flak Cannon has a longer cooldown. Im very happy about this, i hate those two heroes, boring rught-clickers

There are too many changes, but i remember many teamfight abilities got buffed up. And since teamfighting is the best part of dota, i totally welcome these changes. Maybe this will lead to a decline of 4-protect-1 strat and more roaming and ganking-oriented heroes would be preferred. The decrease of starting stock of wards would have a big impact too, as the early game vision will be much more limited.

And i'm so happy to see Na'vi rolling over Alliance and Liquid yesterday. Tose teamfight executions gave me life omg.

#20 DatFrackHead

DatFrackHead

Senior Idol

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:07 AM

Yo the new patch is live. how you guys going in the meta now?

i'm on a 5 game losing streak T_T

Up, Up and Away!