OneHallyu

Official Vocals thread (READ OP FIRST)

5 hours ago, ZRH23 said:

1.05, probably something to do with the mic system, but the G#4 was nice and open, he dropped that jaw well just for it to be less audible lmao. The F#4 was alright, but could be more open too

It not the mic the placement wasn't great on the G#4 I wouldn't call it nice it supported for sure but I suspect it went to his nose ....the F#4 was better 

• Like 1
  • Replies 58.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AhMin

• VT Evil Queen

• Messica

• galhadineas

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Official Vocals Thread   Welcome to the Vocal Thread. Here is where discussions about vocal abilities, the technical aspects of singing and singing in general are held. You can ask any quest

I'm going to start this post by first saying, I have no idea who you are Jennaayy or what you know about vocals. You seem to be a Hyorin fan and I've never seen you before so I apologize if I may come

Y'all stay requesting analyses when there is still this quite sizeable list of people who are going to be analyzed. Think of it like this we are carrying 100 pounds then you give us 10 more pounds and

On 7/19/2021 at 6:07 AM, Hexox said:

Yes exactly. When you're in the average/weak pool, the notes that you can support don't really matter it's more about the consistency of the approach and how good it is. btw I'm not even sure if Rosé supports Bb4s ngl

I agree, i think people mistake alot of her more relaxed Bb’s with support. She had one or two that i have heard with quite a good grasp of support like her A4’s even better. 

but in Gone she still has some issues, it’s clean but not always supported for me

• Thinking 1
5 hours ago, BAZISSINO said:

when you said brief i thought it was phrased but it sustained and honestly it not bad it carry support and they're two @2:59 too even the vibrato wasn't bad 

oh thanks! glad to know im not hearing things. The light ones at 1:14 weren’t too bad 2 i think and I’d like to ask what do you think of her vibrato from the sustained D5 3:31.

I think she also supported a couple on one other solo song. The live version had more push compared to studio so I’m not entirely sure; 

0:54 two sustained ones another one at 2:05

0:54 and 2:04 cleaner ones

Edited by Renner
  • Thinking 1
5 hours ago, meeeplet said:

I found this...

Those 4th gen vocal rankings make me sad lol because usually there are only 3 acceptable vocalists.... This one wasn’t an exception only Jongho, Seoho and Woobin sound somehow like main vocalists 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Oriane said:

Those 4th gen vocal rankings make me sad lol because usually there are only 3 acceptable vocalists.... This one wasn’t an exception only Jongho, Seoho and Woobin sound somehow like main vocalists 

I agree and the ranking at the end is very questionable. Taehyun over Seoho and Woobin???

9 hours ago, Oriane said:

I can't even think of that many 4th BG members who can support, let alone stand outs who are near NingNing, Monday, Yechan's or even Winter, Soeun's and Karina's level. BG's seem like they don't have an emphasize on vocals anymore. Maybe some new NCT members will lead 4th gen?

Oh do i love this duo, they always deliver such good songs which showcase both their vocal skills and im so here for it!

nice performance, Ariana’s comfort and ease has always been woah to me. A little rasp throughout but her support in the G3-C5 area still quite nice

34 minutes ago, Sarah Oon said:

I can't even think of that many 4th BG members who can support, let alone stand outs who are near NingNing, Monday, Yechan's or even Winter, Soeun's and Karina's level. BG's seem like they don't have an emphasize on vocals anymore. Maybe some new NCT members will lead 4th gen?

yea 4th gen BG focus more on rap and performance. the stronger ones that i can think of are probably woobin, seoho, xiaojun and jongho. and they're all around average lol. do remind me if i forgot anyone

Edited by G-me
1 hour ago, Sarah Oon said:

We already have Dejun for 4th gen (he is average) if we’re at it with NCT he’s also leading the new gen I guess 

Watch SM bringing an a-aa out of nowhere lmao 

Edited by Oriane
55 minutes ago, G-me said:

yea 4th gen BG focus more on rap and performance. the stronger ones that i can think of are probably woobin, seoho, xiaojun and jongho. and they're all around average lol. do remind me if i forgot anyone

A bit unrelated but that ‘we focus on performance’ thingie 4th gen has bother me when we have groups who are known for their dancing/performing who still have main vocals who can sing with solid technique... Sounds like an excuse for the lack of vocal abilities to me

• Tea 3
2 hours ago, seulgisbae said:

Oh do i love this duo, they always deliver such good songs which showcase both their vocal skills and im so here for it!

nice performance, Ariana’s comfort and ease has always been woah to me. A little rasp throughout but her support in the G3-C5 area still quite nice

idk him that well but The Weeknd is a bit weak vocally speaking tho... he has a high tenor voice which doesn't make him necessarily strain above G4s but his mixed voice lacks good placement and support. He's mostly thinned out and nasal

Edited by Hexox
  • Love 2

Hi guys! Sorry if this was talked about before, but i am curious who are the best vocalists  in girl's planet 999. I saw that Cherry Bullet Bora is participating and I really enjoyed her singing.

Also, is there like a more accurate ranking of kpop vocalists? Made by professionals.

Edited by Kpop_fan178

hey there, i’m a newcomer! has Jeongyeon been discussed yet? i always thought she could handle B4 occasionally, any thoughts on those?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Kpop_fan178 said:

Hi guys! Sorry if this was talked about before, but i am curious who are the best vocalists  in girl's planet 999. I saw that Cherry Bullet Bora is participating and I really enjoyed her singing.

Also, is there like a more accurate ranking of kpop vocalists? Made by professionals.

The chinese girls are the most promising from what I've seen. Wang Yale and Roada Xu Ziyin. 

About the second question I'm afraid there isn't 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, cth said:

hey there, i’m a newcomer! has Jeongyeon been discussed yet? i always thought she could handle B4 occasionally, any thoughts on those?

First of all, welcome ! Jeongyeon has been discussed yes but for not being discussable LOL. She doesn’t have enough material in general so it’s hard to know how consistent she is with her development I guess.

Personnally I think she’s at best a lower average but I’m not a once so maybe someone who has listened to her more can reply to you better

Edited by Oriane
On 7/21/2021 at 2:45 AM, meeeplet said:

I found this...

Yeah, I've seen a few like that. I guess they were probably in their primary school's quoir.. Most likely as far as their vocal experience goes. No hate.

Edited by Clown
  • Tea 1

Hi I am new here so I may have missed past discussions about her, but is the main vocalist of Craxy possibly average ? 

She doesn't sound very shaky and messy to me but I know that it doesn't mean a lot