49992 replies to this topic

#49981 MMHH

MMHH

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,761 posts
  • LocationIn WinWin's Heart

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

an extremely rare audio recording of whitney in japan 1997 singing i will always love you in ORIGINAL key, and sounding like her prime (i.e. late 80s early 90s) despite it being 1997. a must listen of the queen of resonance

#49982 Indigo

Indigo

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,730 posts
  • Locationthe trunk of wonder girls car

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:14 PM

I always though it was a "hey you won't believe who this underrated vocalist is, they're actually great" show. You learn something new everyday https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

That happens more as a result of the format. They can only have a person compete once, so they go through more guest than IS or Duet or I Am a Singer. So people who aren't currently popular or known can book the gig.

#49983 HotTea

HotTea

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:15 PM

But that's more like for veterans like Sohyang and Lena Park lol

Sent from my SM-G530H using OneHallyu mobile app

It's kind of a show for underrated veteran vocalist. That's probably why Park HyoShin/Lee Sun Hee etc never went. But isn't like it's ONLY for underrated since Hyorin also went there.

#49984 잡아줘

잡아줘

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationYellin', "1, 2, 3, 4, 5 I am the greatest rapper alive"

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:43 PM

Anyone can go on Masked Singer, actors, rappers, newscasters, whoever. The gimmick is guessing who the singer is, not really if they sing super well. 

I wanted to ask something since Jungkook went there

Has there been a time where one of the judges actually adviced the singer instead of just praising?

Since a lot of people tend to criticize Jungkook´s breathing when he sings but he was praised there because of that (i really like it too lol)

#49985 ZRH23

ZRH23

Trainee

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:56 PM

Has there been a time where one of the judges actually adviced the singer instead of just praising?
Since a lot of people tend to criticize Jungkook´s breathing when he sings but he was praised there because of that (i really like it too lol)

I'm not sure...
Maybe if one of the judges was a veteran singer. Sometimes they tend to criticize but what they say ends up by wrong too lol.

But I don't think many people complain about Jungkook's technique. He tends to be very airy but people usually count that as a beautiful tone or timbre. I haven't seen anybody criticize JYP's (artists and himself lol) technique of 'half air half sound', I dont see why they would comment on Jungkook's, who's style is essentially the same.

Sent from my SM-G530H using OneHallyu mobile app

#49986 Indigo

Indigo

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,730 posts
  • Locationthe trunk of wonder girls car

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:07 PM

The panel of judges for MS is just other celebrities. Normally a few variety personalities, a few idols, a few singers/rapper. They're not trainers, so idt they're qualified to do that.

#49987 Messica

Messica

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,110 posts
  • LocationYour fave's lacefront

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:47 AM

Happy 2500 Pages yall

tumblr_mp5xvww0dp1snrow2o2_250.gif

#49988 BAZISSINO

BAZISSINO

Trainee

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationfrance

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:48 PM

The panel don't know shit about vocals they arn't really judges sometime you have really weak vocalist actually LOL they can't even recognize distinctive well know voices , Most of the time they overreact for the camera attention you have kim gura who's always there for some reason Like he know everyone  rolleyes.gif

#49989 칼릴이

칼릴이

Idol

• PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:06 PM

The panel don't know shit about vocals they arn't really judges sometime you have really weak vocalist actually LOL they can't even recognize distinctive well know voices , Most of the time they overreact for the camera attention you have kim gura who's always there for some reason Like he know everyone  https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

Literally one of the reasons I cannot stand Korean television at times. The over the top reactions are just too much for no reason. Also, they replay the same like half a second numerous times so that we can see everyone's reactions, when I literally just want to hear the rest of the song.

Like seriously

I was so annoyed...not only is this guy a weak vocalist, but the replays were just too much for me lol.

#49990 BAZISSINO

BAZISSINO

Trainee

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationfrance

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:53 PM

Literally one of the reasons I cannot stand Korean television at times. The over the top reactions are just too much for no reason. Also, they replay the same like half a second numerous times so that we can see everyone's reactions, when I literally just want to hear the rest of the song.

Like seriously

I was so annoyed...not only is this guy a weak vocalist, but the replays were just too much for me lol.

I can see your voice is literally a Comedy lol , they have shindong now .... HE's OVER the TOP   i Really hate the veteran singer at 0:07 he was like always in Immortal song and he have listened to many idols and non idols but when i hear him commenting on vocals i'm like (oh Σ ( Д )ﻌﻌﻌﻌ⊙ ⊙ Wow) and they always commenting like oh she have a really pretty voice that all ,WITH All that HEAD VOICE GREATNESS  GURA THOUGHT IT WAS H.O.T's eunji won a Rapper Like WHY TT_TT 

#49991 Mergo

Mergo

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:29 PM

I'm so glad Minzy is getting to work with the SM vocal coach rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png

#49992 BAZISSINO

BAZISSINO

Trainee

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationfrance

Posted Yesterday, 05:07 PM

Hope she Will take lessons Even after the show he have his own training agency 

#49993 Hyuksang

Hyuksang

종인과 태일 사이

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,505 posts
  • Locationprobably the lamest location I have ever put but I love onew's voice, yes I do

Posted Yesterday, 08:15 PM

I can see your voice is literally a Comedy lol , they have shindong now .... HE's OVER the TOP   i Really hate the veteran singer at 0:07 he was like always in Immortal song and he have listened to many idols and non idols but when i hear him commenting on vocals i'm like (oh Σ ( Д )ﻌﻌﻌﻌ⊙ ⊙ Wow) and they always commenting like oh she have a really pretty voice that all ,WITH All that HEAD VOICE GREATNESS  GURA THOUGHT IT WAS H.O.T's eunji won a Rapper Like WHY TT_TT 

his name is Jo Janghyuk, he's uhh

Up, Up and Away!