Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
swagger

The Official 'people still pressed after 5 yrs.' BaekYeon Thread [Baekhyun & Taeyeon]

Do you honestly believe BaekYeon will ever have a public duet?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you honestly believe BaekYeon will ever have a public duet?

*inhales deeply* Hey, guys, I've been diligently following this thread since the dating confirmation last year, but never posted. I don't even know what held me back all this time, you guys are really nice, I like to spend time here (it's my favorite thing on this forum tbh). I'm finally unlurking myself, hehe! Since we already have someone called Alex here, you can call me Smile. :)

As for the poll questions.

1.No, I didn't ship them before they got caught. I was aware about Baekhyun being a fanboy, but I didn't pay enough attention to it, never bothered to check out some moments and man, I regret it now. I wish I was a shipper back in 2012, then were the best moments.

The dating news took me by surprise, but I was extremely happy about it right from the start. I honestly didn't expect to be THAT thrilled. I really wanted Taeyeon to date and be happy, especially after I've heard her talking about loneliness, and seeing her with Baekhyun like that, it made me so so happy. Then, when I checked out their moments, I couldn't help but fall for them and for Baekhyun, even if, I didn't pay much attention to him in EXO (he is now my EXO bias). I could say he adored Taeyeon and I was (and still am) sure he takes good care of her. Seeing the hate they got afterwards, it made me love them even more. I felt like protecting something special.

2. Taeyeon and Baekhyun are highly compatible. First thing that comes to mind is their introvert-extrovert polarity. I think it is a very good thing in a relationship. She is the type to be close with just a few persons and very hard to reach, but Baekhyun won over her friends with his easy-goingness and knew how to warm her heart up. He is also more open and maybe it encourages her to open up as well. Other that that, they have a similar temperament, they are both very sensitive and kinda moody. Plus, the fact that they have the same job and passion and share the same kind of pressure, they can relate to each other a lot (especially the fact that they both go through a lot of hate). I am not even starting with their compatible zodiac signs. They are just compatible like that and have a great chemistry that not even Knetz can deny.

That was such a long introduction, huh. Hope we will get along well. 

Baekyeon, fighting! 

Edited by YourSmile
  • Like 4

I remember that Taeyeon and Junhyung rumor back in 2013, I looked it up, but I didn't take it seriously. The evidence was too weak in my opinion, Instagram posts can be easily linked to each other. That Instagram post about Ginger's shadow was shady tho, especially that she deleted it. I think that there is a chance they might have dated at some point, but it seemed to be a short relationship or just light dating; comparing it to how much evidence we have for Baekyeon, you can see the difference.The fact that Junhyung still followed her on Instagram September last year and doesn't seem to have bad feelings towards her at all, I believe that whatever happened between them, they maintained a good relationship. 

With that being said, whatever was in the past, it was the past. We should focus on Baekyeon from now on. 

Edited by YourSmile
  • Like 4

Omona, I'm so glad you decided to join us!  :smile: (By the way, are you a female Alex or a male Alex?) I didn't ship them before June 19 of last year either, because I hadn't been into the K-pop scene for that long yet and I hardly knew anything about Exo at the time. Yeah, Baekyeon had some really sweet moments from 2012 to 2014. It's heartbreaking that they live in a society that forces idols to hide their love in public... But the good news is, we can relive all those spazz-tastic moments via the Internet.  :ahmagah:

As we all know, there are a lot of fans who hate this couple. Sometimes I wonder how these people feel about the fact that, because of them, Baekyeon can't look at each other or talk to each other in public. Does it make these fans feel triumphant? Remorseful? Guilty? Happy? It's a weird thing to be curious about, I guess.  :lol:

I am a 17 years old girl. I guess you are a unnie?

I remember, some time ago, you wanted to share something about Baekyeon with us but you chose not to because you didn't want other people to find out. So you just send a private message to the members. Can you PM me as well? I was very curious all this time. 

And about the fans that hate on them and they can't be public because of that. I don't think Taeyeon and Baekhyun would have interacted much even without all the hate. In Korea, public display of affection is considered disrespectful, especially when it comes to idols, that are expected to keep their relationships low-key. Of course, they would have been more relaxed around each other without the hate, but I don't think there would have been a huge difference. Honestly, we are really lucky that we actually had some Baekyeon moments till now. 

OMG, I have just remembered how Baekyeon deprived we are!  :._.:

From what you two talking, so there's chance that Taeyeon and Junhyung still have something going on, even Mr Mr era when Baekhyun and Taeyeon already dating. And the rumour mill too.

This question me a lot about Baekyeon's relationship at the moment. I saw some Baek stans talked about he seems to be free and hang out more with members these days.

That rumor mill seems to be fake tho. I mean, the other two rumors to come with it were already translated some months ago by NB, but that specific one was nowhere to be found. That one was only seen on this nugu site, without any link to the actual Korean article. Do you know how easy is to stir up shit like that? Put one made-up rumor between some consecrated ones and suddenly it becomes an issue? If there was any rumor mill like that in Korean articles I doubt they would have ignored it like this. I strongly think it was made up and I won't think otherwise unless someone actually link me to the original Korean post (and even then, a lot of rumor mills are bullshit).

Also, I think it would be dumb of Junhyung to give Taeyeon the same ring he gave to Hara, unless it has some unknown meaning. That would suck tbh. Couldn't he buy an original ring, wtf?

However, I can't help myself but doubt Taeyeon a little in this one. That good night post, I don't think she would risk and send cryptic messages again, even more considering she is in a public relationship right now. But it is shady. I am really really surprised nobody talked about it before and it was around two months ago. His fans are sooo chill about it, it makes calm down a little.

I've thought about Taeyeon and Baekhyun possibly breaking up, seeing the lack of interaction they've had, even at SMTOWN. I don't want to think about it, but I can't help it. But unless something undeniable happens, I won't stop believe in Baekyeon. 

On other note. Remember when Baekhyun commented on Heechul's Insta video? Apparently Taeyeon commented on it as well.

11355750_390290861162056_904931084_n.jpg

Edited by YourSmile
  • Like 2

it's not the same ring it's different ring

Wait? So Taeyeon had a ring that looked like Junhyung and Hara's couple ring? Not the same, but looked like?

Or they were both seen with the same ring, different from Junhara's?

Edited by YourSmile

Hi thread, I usually lurk here but I can't help but intervene in this conversation.

It's only shady if you want it to find it shady tbh. You can always find links between things which actually have none, just by looking for it (correlation =/ causality basically). Considering the number of Taeng's ~hidden messages~ were inflated by thirsty fangirls, and considering the backlash she got for it, you'd have to assume she's incredibly dumb to think she's sending messages now, and moreover not to the man she's in a public relationship with. And by the way, seeing how thirsty people are to bash Tae, this would have been brought up if it even had an inch of credibility.

This is what I was thinking, it would be very dumb of her and sounds very unlikely considering the situation. But it IS a little shady. I don't know, maybe we are thinking too much.

I agree about some messages being real -just not the amount people dug up, but I think we agree on that.

My post wasn't directed at you by the way, and I see nothing wrong with what you posted before, really; I just felt like posting a reminder that not everything means something (or means what you think it means or what you want to think it means), because misinterpretations can have dire consequences. Sorry if I came off as aggressive or otherwise unpleasant, I do that sometimes (not on purpose I mean).

Don't worry, I won't misinterpret your reply. 

However, I think we should end this discussion here, we dragged it too much already. 

Let's go back to our happy Baekyeon shiper persona, guys!

I have nothing against Junsu, but in my opinion, he's the least attractive male idol I've ever seen. You know how some idols are handsome but don't have a six-pack (like Kai) and some aren't that good-looking but have a six-pack (like Jay Park)? Well, Junsu has neither a handsome face nor a six-pack.  :lol: Again, I don't mean any disrespect to him; that's just my honest opinion.

Junsu is a nice guy, a talented idol and a very respected individual. The passion he has for music and his musicals is admirable imo. I agree that he is not handsome, but I can totally see why Taeyeon liked him.

However, out of all rumored Taeyeon boyfriends, Kangin gotta be the one I like the least. Like, people talk about Leeteuk's trashy attitude, but I have never had any ill feelings towards him. Kangin,on the other hand, he just rubs me the wrong way.

Baek is my favorite Taeyeon boyfriend, obviously, He is the best looking among them (has his moments, but still), he is talented, ambitious and a funny guy. I can't believe some Sones consider him not worthy of Taeyeon, he is just right for her.

Edited by YourSmile

wow , it's their 100th win  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

i still remember when they were still rookies and cried soo hard after winning #1

at the time , i was like WTF what's wrong with them ?  :lol:  :lol: becuse it wasn't their 1st win but later i found out they thought they wouldn't make it in time to the show

Poor my girls, it wouldn't have been their fault if they didn't make it, but I guess SM put a lot of pressure on them before theit debut.

Edited by YourSmile

Seeing the great comments about Yoona and Lee Seunggi, people wanting them to not break up and being all supportive, makes my heart ache a bit.

Baekyeon has such a good chemistry, they deserve much more support and love than they get now, especially in Korea. I know there are a lot of shippers, probably more than we imagine, but the haters are far more vocal

And Taeyeon's actual situation worries me, something big must have happened if she made such a big move, I wish Baekhyun would be in Korea right now (he is having concerts in China at the moment right now, doesn't he?).

Edited by YourSmile

Too bad the phone cases are not matching, it would have been such a bless for us, Baekyeon shippers. 

However, I wanted to share some of my personal Baekyeon 'mysteries' with you. Like, things I've always wondered about, but couldn't find a real answer.

Firstly, did Baekhyun ever mention being a SNSD fan? I've heard a lot of shippers saying he was a fanboy since high school. I remember him saying SNSD are one of the sunbae groups he looks up to the most, but never really heard something concrete about him being a fanboy. 

Even so, do you think it is true? That he was actually a fanboy, but started to like her for real after a while? Or do you think he liked her in a romantic way since the very beginning and that fanboy thing was just a title fabricated by fans?

Another thing is about Dispatch. They revealed a lot of couples, but Baekyeon seem to be the only couple that both are idols only, it looks like a prove of relevancy to me. However, this is not the point. I've seen some dating evidence photos by Dispatch, but I don't remember couples being shown as intimate as Taeyeon and Baekhyun (you know, touching each other, even that little kiss). I mean, I don't even remember seeing Yoonggi and Lee Min Ho/Suzy standing side by side. Why do you think they released such explicit photos for Baekyeon when it wasn't that necessary? Was it about the fans that would refuse to believe otherwise? Or Dispatch trying to mock SM that refused to confirm it? Why would Dispatch to this to them? It makes me curious and mad at the same time. Whenever I look at that photos it makes me feel a little uncomfortable because I know I am not supposed to see that. Not that they weren't cute af.

So, what you guys think?

Edited by YourSmile

tumblr_ns4j2rMXLu1t519sio1_400.jpgtumblr_ns4j2rMXLu1t519sio2_400.jpg

tumblr_ns4ibeUyrZ1t519sio1_540.jpg

tumblr_ns3yf8ot8w1t519sio1_540.jpg

What is that Instagram thing supposed to mean? Seems like a reach...

im waiting for translations  :hurr:  :hurr:  :hurr:

The OP says something like 'People are attracted to people they look similar with'. Going through the comments, most of them are 'Heol', 'Whoa', Daebak', 'Pretty good' and saying that they look alike indeed.

Edited by YourSmile

You can read Korean?! O.O

I can read hangul and know very very basic words that I got from songs/dramas, but that's it. I could easily point out common words in the comments like 'Daebak', Pretty good' etc, but I can't whole fully translate the longer comments (I understood some of them by the context tho). From what I see, most of the comments were surprised or agree with the OP (saying that they look similar).

Edited by YourSmile

One of the knetz comment on baekyeon edited pics together :

5. [+66, -43] What's the point of this? Only i-roaches like them and call them Baekyeon ã…‹ã…‹

I laughed so hard when I read that. Maybe because they called us i-roaches. So pressed!

I have always been curious if Knetz ever called them Baekyeon or know about that ship name because I've seen them using TaengKoong or TaeKyung all the time, never Baekyeon. It seems that it is not a popular ship name there at all. 

I would have liked us to use TaengKoong as a couple name because Taeyeon herself created it, but it holds a bad memory, so I guess Baekyeon is still a better option. Sounds better as well imo. 

And about Baekyeon not having shippers in Korea. There are shippers *sudden flashback to that one art teacher that basically wrote a fanfic in her students' test papers, that was so cute and hilarious*, more than we think, but the haters are much more vocal (it is just like on OH, if you take a look at some threads about Baekyeon, especially the early ones, you would say they are the most hated couple here and there are hardly any shippers, but we all know this isn't the case at all). 

Edited by YourSmile

is just me or they are wearing 50s 60s bikins and sitting on beach sand?

CMLQqSjWIAA-FSa.jpg:large

What if it's not a beach? What if they are on Mars and it was an alien concept all the way?  :smile:

In the back of Sunny's recent IG post you can see taeyeon on her phone (judging by the blonde hair and black nails)

Not sure if this is really baekhyun but.... :hurr:

https://instagram.com/p/61865siqjO/

Looking at Sunny's finger, the photo looks photoshopped.

Kind of hard to believe Taeyeon would watch EXO showtime knowing she is filmed. Is kind of fishy that it was a big shot of Baekhyun's face showing, out of all the possible scenes. I am pretty sure it's fake.

But she might have watched it. There was a fan account about it,  a fan asked her if she saw the episode in EXO Showtime where EXO sings SNSD songs and what was her favorite 'performance'. She said she watched it and she laughed a lot at Baekhyun singing I got a Boy and that she also liked Kris' Gee rap. Well, I don't know if it is true. Is it?

guys what's your favorite taeng and baek's hairstyle? Mine is: 2e889e162824c03c09137c15dc9537aec99b8fac

tumblr_m1kovtEfm61qhc19uo1_500.giftumblr_static_tumblr_static_2kjfypwas30g

Baek's

tumblr_n55sibDcjd1r3xllho1_500.gif

Black hair for both. 

I can't wait for Baekhyun to dye his hair black again. His hair colors look really off recently. 

Edited by YourSmile
  • Like 1

Now that Andara posted that meme.

I don't know if I am seeing things, but I feel like when TTS does photoshoots for Louis Quatorze with men, Taeyeon is always the one interacting with them the most in group photos.

Like in the photo Andara posted or this:11917845_1668856193359313_750284188_n.jp

I find it fishy cause they put Taeyeon, the only one who is dating, instead of SeoFany that are single. 

Do they try to send signals to Taeyeon's fanboys or something? Not necessarily about Baekyeon breaking up tho.

Edited by YourSmile

nah.. from what i notice they tend to keep girl and guy idols away from others that are in their photoshoots especially if they're the opposite sex. maybe they're doing it BECAUSE she's dating. Dunno if they ever did that with Tiff or the other girls or not. i don't read TOO TOO much into it tbh. ^ ^ /

but you're right, they didn't normally have Tae that close to guys, if they had them, in anything. O_o? or maybe that's just me and we're BOTH reading too much into it lmao

This is why I said it's fishy. Normally they wouldn't put Taeyeon together with the guys cause she is the only one dating atm and has to stay away from males while in public. But to me it looked like the opposite, Tae was the one that interacted with them the most in the photos. So it makes me wonder if they did it on propose, to create a more available image for Taeyeon (?), you know she is the one with the most fanboys in SNSD. You say they might put Taeyeon with the guys because she is already taken so no broken hearted SeoFany fanboys. Makes sense as well.

I think we are reading too much into it tho.

And no, I wouldn't ship Taeyeon with some random model dude even if they both look good, they just don't give me the feels like Baekyeon.

Edited by YourSmile

Hey, guys! I wanted to post here ever since I've heard the news, but I didn't get the time to do so.

When I checked OH that morning and read about Baekyeon breaking up I was in utter shock.

I guess all of us expected this to happen someday considering their age, carrier, the constant pressure, plus him not serving in army yet.

I knew this would happen, but it still took me by surprise. They seemed so fine and happy these days, talking about not fearing anything anymore, we finally got some little intereactions at DCM concert, heck, they even started to get positive reactions. I admit, all the positivity made me a little suspicious because I was so used with them getting hate , but I've thought I'm just being pesimistic.

I felt a little down all the day, I just couldn't believe something I loved so much just died. Spazzing over them was like, part of my everyday life, thinking that it's over it made me feel empty.

I don't want to be the fan who screams 'It's fake', gosh, I always looked down on people with their 'theories'. But this time, I just can't stop thinking that something is fishy. And I am talking about SM not confirming it and refusing to give an official statemant. If it was indeed true, then what holds them back?

I have these two scenarios in my mind:

1. Baekyeon really have an on and off relationship and probably are/were on a break up phase. SM is not confirming it cause the relationship status is incert and try to avoid the eventual backlash if Baekyeon get caught together again. Like 'We've never said they broke up'.

Or.

2. It is all fake and mediaplay from SM's part. Like, spreading break up rumors on the Interenet to decieve everyone into thinking it's real and get some hype for Taeyeon's solo and EXO's Japanese debut, eventually getting rid of the fangirls giving Taeyeon a hard time.

Or a mix of both?

I don't know, but I will keep believing in them until an undeniable evidence comes out. I still have a little hope...I wish them to be happy tho, no matter their dating status, but I really really hope they are stil together.

Edited by YourSmile
  • Like 9

I wonder what the description of the photo says.

(EDIT) My friend google translate says 'The more light the dark night, a dark look brighter'.

Edited by YourSmile
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

I don't know about you guys but I can't picture Baekyeon as just friends. I mean, they were never 'not romantically interested' friends, even when they weren't together, there was this couple chemistry between them.

I highly doubt they decided to be just friends, it just, doesn't look like something they would do, at least to me.

I believe they are still together tho.

Edited by YourSmile
  • Like 2

Hey, guys, I am back with my essays. *nervous smile*

Saw the new poll options and as I've had a lot of thoughts about their breakup lately I wanted to give my 2 cents on it. It turned out much longer than expected, hope you don't mind long texts.

I tried to makes some points, on why I think they broke up and why I think they didn't (way to waste my time tbh).

Why I think they broke up:

• Taeyeon took legal action against the people harassing her and her family on Instagram and there is no secret that most of them were Baekhyun fangirls. Of course she could have done that when still being with Baekhyun, but this is something that she was more likely to do when there is no relationship pressure anymore. (The whole 'I don't fear anymore' fiasco made me believe that it was a decision they reached together, but maybe we just overthought it).
  • The lack of interaction they had the whole summer. There were always little moments like stand close by each other, steal glances at each other smiling, even wait for each other backstage, but this summer I felt like they were colder than usual. God knows how exited I was about SMTOWNs and how disappointed I was when I realized there was basically nothing. I've thought they were extra cautions because they didn't want to bring attention to their relationship in the comeback period. But thinking about it, it can be a sign they drifted apart for real. 
  • The rumors don't look like your usual Pann blind item rumors that haters spread around, the fact that they reached all major news sites, the articles sounding so firm (that's why some people took it as the official statement) make me think the source must have been a strong one.
  • Her new comeback image is all about 'a new self', 'new era', 'freedom', 'escaping from the past' and it leaves a bittersweet taste in my mouth knowing that Baekhyun is such a big part of her (recent) past. It makes me feel like she is leaving Baekhyun behind.

Why I think they are still together:

• Even to this day, SM didn't release any official statement about it. A lot of people compare Taeyeon and Baekhyun to GD and Kiko, saying that SM chose to let the insiders announce the couple's break-up just like YG did. Well, the analogy is faulted. Giko were not a confirmed couple, of course YG couldn't announce the break-up of a couple they didn't confirm in the first place. Baekyeon, on the other hand, they publicly admitted to be dating and as their PR team, SM is responsible to give an official statement considering the rumors backfiring everywhere and tabloids trying to contact them multiple times. But SM didn't utter an word about it and weeks passed. So to me it's either that they don't want to confirm the break-up for some unknown reason or Baekyeon is not completely over. Thinking about it, there is no reason why SM would not confirm the break up rumors if they were true. It doesn't damage their image at all, on the contrary, it would be beneficial for all sides. Why leave everything hanging like that, why leave space for interpretation if the rumors are actually the truth? I've thought that Taeyeon stopped SM to confirm cause she doesn't want to be asked about her break-up when she promotes, but doesn't having an uncertain dating status generate much more curiosity than a firm break-up? I don't see how not confirming it would help the mess that already happened.
  • The inconsistency of the rumors. There are so many versions to it that it is hard to believe anything. The Instiz article basically says Taeyeon broke up with him on 8th March when she attended EXOlution and made him cry in the middle of the concert. What kind of cheap fanfic is that? She had her birthday party that exact same day, the next day she was celebrating her birthday. Who in the world would break-up with someone for their birthday? 
  • As strong as the rumors are, they didn't make it to the TV (entertainment) news, unlike the other Soshi couples. It is a good thing that the rumors didn't really hit the mainstream.
  • They were standing close by each other at DMC concert a week before the reported break-up (Taeyeon looked more awkward than usual tbh, but if she really felt uncomfortable to be around Baekhyun she could have just leave his side, he was lip syncing on that track so he had to stay in the front, Taeyeon could have meddle with her members in the back if she wanted to, but she didn't) and he looked like he was waiting for her backstage. Heard that there is a backstage video with Tiffany and Baekhyun looking intimate (I didn't see it but heard someone talking about it, if some of you have it please share) and I doubt Tiffany would be so friendly to the one her best friend just painfully broke-up with (unless the break-up was extremely amiable, which I doubt). Also, he still seems to be close to Heechul. 
  • No drastic mood change for Taeyeon. As happy as she is with her solo debut, I doubt she would get over the end of an almost 2 year relationship so easily. And what a relationship! They went through hell together last year and Taeyeon seems to type to get emotionally involved when truly caring for a person, so I don't see how she could break-up without looking affected at all. Baekhyun was, as well, in a very good mood. Again, the break-up could have been a very amiable one, but I doubt it.
  • The picture she liked like one or two days after the news. People say she liked it accidentally, but to me it's bullshit. Everything to the tags, character, user, quote was obviously Baekyeon related, how dumb was she to not notice it? Also, the quote looked very encouraging, with the 'light looking brighter', the light which in my delusion is her equivalent to Baekhyun. It makes me believe it was her 'response' to the rumors. 
For the poll option I chose 'Not sure'. As much as I want to reject the thought about them breaking up, there is a considerable chance they have broken up.

As for the second question, to me it is pretty clear this is mediaplay. No matter how you look at it, the timing is way too perfect to be completely random. Everything was settled to go into the breakup confirmation route. The insiders (most likely put by the company, I doubt real friends would run to tell the media something like that) tell one chosen journalist about the break-up, the journalist post an article about it, tabloids see it and contact the company,  the company releases the official statement. This is how it normally works and it seems like it was the same case for Baekyeon, but it suddenly stopped at the last stage, the confirmation stage. Why didn't SM respond exactly? Especially that, in theory, they are the ones that started the rumors cause they wanted to mediaplay for Taeyeon/EXO activities. It just doesn't make sense for them to start up something and then leave it like that.

Anyway, it's fishy as hell, but I believe in Baekyeon and in my heart nothing really changed. I will truly believe they broke up just when an official statement or an undeniable evidence will be released, but since there is nothing like that at the moment, I will continue supporting my still official couple I love like nothing happened.

Edited by YourSmile
  • Like 8

Sign in to follow this