- - - - -

Unsaturated Music (Hollywood)

indie lesser knowns anti-billboard no such thing as hipsters anti hipster

2006 replies to this topic

#1 ......

OYE HOI HOI

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,080 posts
  • LocationThe cedar was damp and wouldn't light. A coyote yapped somewhere in the arroyo....

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:40 AM (Edited by ......, 02 February 2015 - 05:23 AM.)

Here we go again.....

Unsaturated is more about current music in just about any genre (although veering away from really basic pop/rnb vocalists would be nice), preferably in English (but doesn't have to be), that sort of fall outside of the realm of Billboard charts and heavy radio rotation and possibly current mainstream hype (use your judgement)...

Think indie or faux-indie....and recent...let's not bog this down with old ass stuff from 3 years ago. That's not hipster......  :) 

Share, compare, discuss ... "indie"... here....

Starting 27/01/15 ... 

Not mandatory ofc... but when you post a song, for the sake of easy in topic searchability, please try to type out the name of the artist and/or track, in the post. 

Thank you  :) 

Archived Mixtapes: 

Spoiler

#2 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,252 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

Ohh good, you're here!

The Classixx album leaked this week and I plan on listening to it today.

#3 Arrogant Prince

Arrogant Prince

ベイースド王子

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationSlaying pressed fangirls with my male sanity.

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

Here we go again.....

Unsaturated is more about current music in just about any genre (although veering away from really basic pop/rnb vocalists would be nice), preferably in English (but doesn't have to be), that sort of fall outside of the realm of Billboard charts and heavy radio rotation and possibly current mainstream hype (use your judgement)...

Think indie or faux-indie....and recent...let's not bog this down with old ass stuff from 3 years ago. That's not hipster http://hallyu8.com/public/style_emoticon... 

Share, compare, discuss ... indie... here....

rip Luls ... T_T

Sounds like the typical saturated indie-rock music to me, tbh. :ph34r:

Ohh good, you're here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcPC7pqqeyI

Sounds like a mixture of your typical underground, electronic music with 80's pop music. It's a nice album, very easy to listen to and it's quite light, with a good balance of soft beats and ethereal vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOgwlbjBul4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO9_s33WfO0&noredirect=1

Found these the other day.

#4 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,252 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

Sounds like the typical saturated indie-rock music to me, tbh. :ph34r:

Sounds like a mixture of your typical underground, electronic music with 80's pop music. It's a nice album, very easy to listen to and it's quite light, with a good balance of soft beats and ethereal vocals.

Found these the other day.

The thing is is that you're not going to turn on the radio and hear these acts.

#5 Arrogant Prince

Arrogant Prince

ベイースド王子

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationSlaying pressed fangirls with my male sanity.

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

The thing is is that you're not going to turn on the radio and hear these acts.

Well the LULS is a bit questionable, but I definetely wouldn't hear the songs you posted, on the radio.

#6 ......

OYE HOI HOI

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,080 posts
  • LocationThe cedar was damp and wouldn't light. A coyote yapped somewhere in the arroyo....

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

@ArrogantPrince... the point is...maybe you haven't heard them.

this isn't a pretentious music thread filled with super obscure genres that people intentionally dredge up to look hipster...go find a LastFM group for that ...or tumblr.... It's a sharing thread... for artists who aren't Beyonce or Justin Bieber.... if that happens to includes super obscure sounding shit... that's fine too...share it if you listen to it...

if something sound like standard "indie" to you, that's fine as well... it is an "indie" thread...
Daughter is a current hype act for instance... but they are welcome here, to be shared...if you like them, and want others to hear if they haven't, or discuss if they have.
The last thread was full of James Blake and Animal Collective, and like, Purity Ring... to name a few.... we've all heard them...radio and elsewhere... but there's nowhere else to discuss them.........

Ohh good, you're here!

this one <3

#7 MoreTokyo

MoreTokyo

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

I'm back! Has everyone else from the old Unsaturated Thread made it over yet? I've been listening to A Dancing Shell by Wild Nothings quite heavily this week. Waititng for them to release their Empty Estate EP!

#8 kitty^^~

kitty^^~

-That Liquorice-

• PipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

OH it's back :ahmagah: .

I'm back! Has everyone else from the old Unsaturated Thread made it over yet? I've been listening to A Dancing Shell by Wild Nothings quite heavily this week. Waititng for them to release their Empty Estate EP!

I can see why. Loving this. They keep changing their style, but it's good :ahmagah: .

Ohh good, you're here!

The first one is niiiice. Now I'll have to listen to the rest too.

#9 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,252 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

The wish I made a few weeks ago has come true. After featuring on some Disclosure and Rudimental songs, Sinead Harnett is releasing a single in June:  Listen on Soundcloud.com

A new version of the Disclosure remix of the Artful Dodger song that came out a few months ago but with female vocals as like a reply to the original song:  Listen on Soundcloud.com

New Vampire Weekend:

#10 kitty^^~

kitty^^~

-That Liquorice-

• PipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

Are you freaking kidding me?! YASS for the Sinead Harnett track :ahmagah:

#11 MoreTokyo

MoreTokyo

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:37 AM

The wish I made a few weeks ago has come true. After featuring on some Disclosure and Rudimental songs, Sinead Harnett is releasing a single in June:  Listen on Soundcloud.com

A new version of the Disclosure remix of the Artful Dodger song that came out a few months ago but with female vocals as like a reply to the original song:  Listen on Soundcloud.com

New Vampire Weekend:

Recently watched an interview with Ryan Hemsworth and he mentioned that Sinead Harnett would be featured on a track off of the album.

#12 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,252 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

Recently watched an interview with Ryan Hemsworth and he mentioned that Sinead Harnett would be featured on a track off of the album.

Ohh really?

#13 MoreTokyo

MoreTokyo

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

Ohh really?

Ryan Hemsworth was being interviewed by Fact Magazine and he mentioned that she'll be delivering vocals on the first track for his upcoming album. He starts talking about a few features on his upcoming album around the minute mark.

#14 ......

OYE HOI HOI

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,080 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

New Vampire Weekend:

first VW song i've liked in ages... and i only like a few .... apparently their new album is supposed to be the best thing they've ever done. This track manages to be layered and minimalistic ... if that makes sense. Very good. Very good. They've never sounded like this to me....wow.

her voice...her lyrics.... the mv....and when the band starts to really play..... holy crap this song. Must get EP. 

for some reason...i think... Lana Del Rey if she was edgier and rock.

#15 kitty^^~

kitty^^~

-That Liquorice-

• PipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

^

That is a nice song. And yes that VW song is good, good, good.

Video for Austra - Home

#16 MoreTokyo

MoreTokyo

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

Austra hasn't released a bad track to date but I've recently found myself more interested in Trust. I'm about to start listening to Monomania by Deerhunter but i don't have too many expectation going in outside of the title track being quite good. Has anyone listened to Acidrap by Chance The Rapper? It's such a fun tape to listen to. He's definitely doing his thing in the rap game.

#17 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,252 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

Sinead Harnett's video:

#18 MoreTokyo

MoreTokyo

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

Sinead Harnett's video:

Sinead Harnett is great! Definitely enjoying Got Me because it is much darker and slower than the material that she's released with Rudimental and Disclosure. Yeah Yeah Yeahs also released their video for Mosquito. Still haven't been able to put this full length down because it is just that good. 

#19 Envied

Envied

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,240 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

#20 kitty^^~

kitty^^~

-That Liquorice-

• PipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

The vdieo for Sinead's song is private :sad: .

:ahmagah:

Sinead Harnett is great! Definitely enjoying Got Me because it is much darker and slower than the material that she's released with Rudimental and Disclosure. Yeah Yeah Yeahs also released their video for Mosquito. Still haven't been able to put this full length down because it is just that good. 

:omgwtf: ...the mosquito gets bigger. One of my favorite songs from the album.

Reply to this topic

Up, Up and Away!