Photo

There's nothing wrong with imitating someone's accent in a homogeneous country.

Lai Kuan Lin Wanna One produce 101 produce 101 boys lai elris guanlin TWICE momo sana victoria

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 DaeByun

DaeByun

YASUDA KEI IS THE #1 VISUAL HOLE IN IDOLDOM

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:46 AM (Edited by DaeByun, 27 August 2017 - 03:28 AM.)

People need to give Elris a break seriously.

Spoiler

#2 RiriWilliams

RiriWilliams

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:49 AM (Edited by RiriWilliams, 17 July 2017 - 07:59 AM.)

As long they don't mind getting imitated themselves... oh wait.

Edit: It's strange that she was forced to apologies though when Bobby did worse and he just ignored it when people got pissed.

#3 Cosmo

Cosmo

Nation's First Crush

• PipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts
  • Locationin yo area

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:49 AM (Edited by Cosmo, 17 July 2017 - 07:49 AM.)

I doubt you know how the idols being imitated actually feel like

#4 Hwang Minhyun Akgae

Hwang Minhyun Akgae

Trainee

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAkgae hell

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:49 AM

Guanlin is cute

#5 shibalnom

shibalnom

【wannable】

• PipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Locationwanna one's flower road

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:49 AM

uhmmm.. but I am sure you don't imitating him in public broadcast while other people laugh at it, right? and you aren't public figure that have image to keep?

Spoiler

#6 atulvells

atulvells

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:51 AM

I mean like what can we do about people overreacting?

#7 DaeByun

DaeByun

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:55 AM

Guanlin is cute

Taste.

d38e8Yq.jpgPZtpObl.jpg

#8 Hwang Minhyun Akgae

Hwang Minhyun Akgae

Trainee

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAkgae hell

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:58 AM

http://imgur.com/a/W1Rmt

#9 Free Sungmin

Free Sungmin

I'm like a bird.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,600 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:02 AM

or we can just not imitate anyone, especially not people who're doing their best at learning and speaking another language (unless they specifically tell you that it's okay to do that, in which case, it's a whole other story) because you never know if somebody will be hurt and/or offended by what you're doing, and if they are, they have every right to be and you have no right whatsoever to tell them otherwise

#10 yooras

yooras

Villainous Noble

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationWITHOUT L THE WORLD IS JUST A WORD

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:02 AM (Edited by yooras, 17 July 2017 - 08:25 AM.)

except there is. he's a foreigner learning a difficult language - getting imitated and mocked must feel terrible and extremely unmotivating. not to mention, it's literally so distasteful to make fun of some1 speaking a language that isn't their native one... like it isn't even remotely funny

#11 SanaWanna

SanaWanna

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:06 AM

I find it funny cause when a male idol did it, they were all like "Oppa means no harm", "he just did it for fun", "Onces are overreacting".... but when a female idol did this, she received tons of death threats, bashing and eventually had to apologize for it. This double standards, i can't unimpressed.png

#12 RedCarpet

RedCarpet

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationIn Kuanlin's diss track

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:07 AM

i don't know dude, let me ask kuanlin how he feels being imitated. Maybe he does feel jolly about it or giphy.gif impressed.

#13 Simple Plan

Simple Plan

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:15 AM

As long they don't mind getting imitated themselves... oh wait.

Edit: It's strange that she was forced to apologies though when Bobby did worse and he just ignored it when people got pissed.

what's ze tea on Bobby?

#14 Gilraen92

Gilraen92

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:17 AM (Edited by Gilraen92, 17 July 2017 - 08:20 AM.)

except there is. he's a foreigner learning a difficult language - getting imitated and mocked must feel terrible and extremely unmotivating. not to say, it's extremely distasteful to make fun of some1 speaking a language that isn't their native one... like it isn't even remotely funny

Basically this. But according to the zero empathetic people here "it's overreacting!!!1"

#15 Gilraen92

Gilraen92

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:20 AM

I find it funny cause when a male idol did it, they were all like "Oppa means no harm", "he just did it for fun", "Onces are overreacting".... but when a female idol did this, she received tons of death threats, bashing and eventually had to apologize for it. This double standards, i can't https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

I actually saw lots of people calling out Junhoe for mocking Momo's accent, but there's always someone coming with the "overreacting" bullshit. Lots of people were saying the same thing about Guanlin's stans or even calling them "disgusting fangirls" so I don't see any double standard in this case.

#16 TalkingSeaweed

TalkingSeaweed

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:20 AM (Edited by TalkingSeaweed, 17 July 2017 - 08:29 AM.)

It depends on a person really. If they are a snowflake and get offended/upset about simplest things like someone making fun of how you pronounce a certain word etc, then yeah, I guess if you know that about the person then stop joking about it.

Edit: Can someone reply and explain why they disagreed with my statement? Maybe there is something I don't know about the situation. Enlighten me!

#17 DaeByun

DaeByun

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:28 AM (Edited by DaeByun, 17 July 2017 - 08:31 AM.)

It depends on a person really. If they are a snowflake and get offended/upset about simplest things like someone making fun of how you pronounce a certain word etc, then yeah, I guess if you know that about the person then stop joking about it.

Lmao I've actually had a Korean person who was xenophobic make fun of "choice of words" out of ill intentions. They laughed literally in my face.

Funny thing is they thought I was Korean before I mentioned that I wasn't? 

But it backfired because people found out and now the entire Korean circle knows they're a huge asshole. I was slightly annoyed (because of their intentions, not because of the act) but Korean people got angry on my behalf lmao. 

It's really easy to tell who's doing it to be an ass and who's doing it just for fun with no harm intended. 

I think this is a good opportunity for the foreign line to realize there are a bunch of assholes in Korea and it's just a part of their culture. You gotta toughen up because they won't always spare you. It's the reality. If they're not making fun of you on broadcast, they're doing in behind your back or in their head.

#18 TalkingSeaweed

TalkingSeaweed

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:30 AM

Lmao I've actually had a Korean person who was xenophobic make fun of "choice of words" out of ill intentions. They laughed literally in my face.

Funny thing is they thought I was Korean before I mentioned that I wasn't? 

But it backfired because people found out and now the entire Korean circle knows they're a huge asshole. I was slightly annoyed (because of their intentions, not because of the act) but Korean people got angry on my behalf lmao. 

It's really easy to tell who's doing it to be an ass and who's doing it just for fun with no harm intended. 

Was that the case this time around? I don't know much about the situation.

#19 MomorDica Charantia

MomorDica Charantia

Trainee

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationphilippines

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:31 AM

I dont think OP is a fan of guanlin , two face bitch

#20 DaeByun

DaeByun

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:32 AM

Was that the case this time around? I don't know much about the situation.

I didn't see any harm in that girl's imitation of Guanlin. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lai Kuan Lin, Wanna One, produce 101, produce 101 boys, lai elris, guanlin, TWICE, momo, sana, victoria

Up, Up and Away!