Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
MicrowavedTeaforYourSoul

Official fromis_9 Thread | Where Flovers promise now, cherish it dearly! | We just wanna have some fun!

It's officia,l Bighit acquired Pledis. This explains why there have been so many changes, maybe. Pledis had to make a decision between Bighit and CJ. Now i wonder what will become of OTR. Will fromis eventually move to Swing also, or? fromis under Bighit wouldn't be such a bad idea, but i'm not sure that's happening...then again apparently CJ still owns some shares of Pledis. If the rumors about fromis contracts being transferred to Pledis are true, then🤔

is this nail in the coffin? do we have to wait another months?

we have been waiting since love bomb - fun for 7 months and now fun untill now is 1 year already.

WE HAVE BEEN WAITING 1.7 Years. ITS THE SAME AS IZONE AGE NOW. EVEN OLDER

holy bullcrap, and those had the audacity saying fromis is not treated unfairly

Edited by Vadrieriand
  • Like 1

@VadrieriandI mean, we already know this, right :(((( We can pretty much assume that with all the girl group comebacks plus izone in June that fromis wasn't making a comeback soon. So a July  comeback is a lot more possible...

Looks like with the new announcement about pledis, things have already started to change. I guess, we'll see how this will effect fromis in the next weeks or so...

(Jisun vlive) What are you eating for dinner? JS: What should we eat? I'm thinking on it. For now, in our chatroom, the members are saying they're hungry but our schedules are different today, so I don't know what's gonna happen

videohttps://twitter.com/fiq_D_flover/status/1264858541484982273

Edited by satoori
added link

Honestly I don't even waste my time getting mad at OTR anymore. OTR is literally a shell company, in my opinion. Nobodies with little control. Whatever and whoever is the reason fromis hasn't made a comeback probably is due to higher ups, like CJ. I really do feel like they're trying to figure out what to do with fromis. This wouldn't be the first time. CJ excepted companies to step in to manage fromis when they debuted after IS. But no one wanted them. So OTR was later created. fromis faith have always been unsteady sadly. I just hope something is figured out soon. It's not like fromis isn't successful. fromis have so much potential. And have shown this each comeback with their growth. 

At this point, the only reason I'm holding on to the little faith I have is due to the members being active on their group accounts. I feel like they know this too. They know many of us flovers are still here for them. 

Yeah, who knows how the pledis/bighit thing will affect fromis, 'cause OTR doesn't say a damn thing.

I'm with @satoori that they're mostly a shell, but even shells have a try-to-polish-sh** PR team.

"yada yada, please bear with us, with some big changes, we're trying to decide how to serve the group going forward, yada yada..."

If Cj/Stone didn't want the responsibility of taking care (in all respects) of a girl group, and they clearly don't, why make it a permanent group in the first place?

So, we're in the dark on the relationship between OTR/pledis/bighit and fromis' place in all of it, or their future...

As for the fact that they're not preparing for a comeback right now, there's 3 options:

1) A KR comeback in Aug./Sept.

2) OTR was betting it all on Japan, and waiting for the emergency restrictions to be lifted (which it seems they will soon) and is going ahead with JP stuff.

3) They've got nothing for the group and kind of have them in a holding pattern of "off-season" practice.

That OTR doesn't feel the need to provide updates (or even one) on fromis shows how low on the priorities they seem to be; in an "agency" with just TWO groups!

The girls deserve so much better, it grinds my gears.

48 minutes ago, Didact Taleh said:

Yeah, who knows how the pledis/bighit thing will affect fromis, 'cause OTR doesn't say a damn thing.

I'm with @satoori that they're mostly a shell, but even shells have a try-to-polish-sh** PR team.

"yada yada, please bear with us, with some big changes, we're trying to decide how to serve the group going forward, yada yada..."

If Cj/Stone didn't want the responsibility of taking care (in all respects) of a girl group, and they clearly don't, why make it a permanent group in the first place?

So, we're in the dark on the relationship between OTR/pledis/bighit and fromis' place in all of it, or their future...

As for the fact that they're not preparing for a comeback right now, there's 3 options:

1) A KR comeback in Aug./Sept.

2) OTR was betting it all on Japan, and waiting for the emergency restrictions to be lifted (which it seems they will soon) and is going ahead with JP stuff.

3) They've got nothing for the group and kind of have them in a holding pattern of "off-season" practice.

That OTR doesn't feel the need to provide updates (or even one) on fromis shows how low on the priorities they seem to be; in an "agency" with just TWO groups!

The girls deserve so much better, it grinds my gears.

And this is why I feel OTR is basically shell, have no control. They can't do much of anything on their own without the approval of CJ/whoever. They're just a puppet

I agree why make a permanent group in the first place(?) Giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe CJ thought someone would show up after the show. However once that wasn't the case then why didn't they make plan. But I guess CJ had faith in fromis to do well - which fromis did do well! The problem is CJ/Stone is not able to manage groups on their own fully. CJ is constantly trying to partnership with other companies like Bighit, Pledis and etc for this reason. CJ have the money, distribution and connections but they don't have the producers, creative directors, choreographers and etc. OTR being a shell don't have those things either. Which means who is actually planning fromis comeback? We can assume it's being outsourced..or Swing/Stone is doing what they can. 

Maybe a combination of all three. This was the year the company planned fromis to make their big splash in Japan. There was only one Korean comeback always planned. Due to Japanese promotions being canceled, fromis have been in a pattern of "off-season" practice till the Korean comeback.

From the beginning they could have had a temporary contract with a permamency clause for good performance, or a permanent contract with an "underperfromance" clause to switch to a temporary group. 

Either way CJ needed to make sure to place them in a place where they could provide stability and proper attention.

I think the biggest mistake was CJ basically dumping both groups on Pledis, when Pledis had a history of not being able to juggle multiple groups. And at the time they were already struggling with what to do with Pristin.

I'm sure there was no shortage of suitors to manage izone for cj. But no, they wanted it easy and thought, "well we already have a contractor in pledis."

And now what? fromis seems like the child of divorce who's custody is in question and which no particular party seems too invested in.

@Didact TalehGood point. There probably could of been a clause added.

Pledis did well for Producer groups overall. However they neglected their own groups, like Pristin. Most likely CJ was hoping Pledis would join them. Pledis was probably thinking about it too. But things didn't work out in the end as we can see. 

Izone being a Japanese focus group too, I'm not sure if there were many Korean suitors. 

Yea you're right they're the child of divorce. 

Monday 🖐️ Usually when you see something too bright, it'll take a while before you can see again, right? It's a well-known theory that VLIVE also got blinded by Jisun's visual, it went out of focus several times today🤦‍♀️

spacer.png

spacer.png

jisun vlive: https://twitter.com/realfromis_9/status/1264830338338979841

Spoiler

[💌fromis_9] Have dinner with me flover?Kiwi fruit

☘️: A...!
👤: Gosh, our baby is about to say their first words
☘️ A...!!
👤 You're doing well darling! Try saying mummy daddy! Mummy..! Daddy!
☘️ ahsokewtsonghayoungissocuteiluvher

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

hayoung vlive: https://twitter.com/realfromis_9/status/1265201300683190273

• Like 1

Hayoung vlive

flover: Thank you for singing. Hayoung-ah, because of you I'm happy
HY: I'm also happy. For listening to it
flover: I hope u do more cover Hanyang
HY: I will work harder to do more cover

flover: I want to see Hayoung doing jump rope
HY: I did jump rope today too. We had a group vocal lesson today and I did jump rope there

videos:
https://twitter.com/fiq_D_flover/status/1265280014565556226
https://twitter.com/fiq_D_flover/status/1265242747100749824

• Like 1

3 hours ago, satoori said:

last epTT so what's next for fromis?

Back to posting outtakes and unreleased footage from older material, I guess...

Thinking of posting my bad attempts at bad poetry inspired by fromis_9:

Sing and dance youthful muses, with the twirling of your forms and the melody of your voices, remind me that the world is fair.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Didact Taleh said:

Back to posting outtakes and unreleased footage from older material, I guess...

Thinking of posting my bad attempts at bad poetry inspired by fromis_9:

Sing and dance youthful muses, with the twirling of your forms and the melody of your voices, remind me that the world is fair.

you're right, i guess we're back to the "memories" footage

one day we'll see the on stage again ((((( ❤️

[fromistyle] Jisun's outfit today. The weather is sometimes hot and sometimes cold recently. It's still not the time to let our guard down! It is still necessary to prepare a flopwing thin coat~[Wink] #Whattoweartoday #OutfitHandbook

spacer.png

Spoiler