Photo

So um, apparently Madonna called Whitney Houston and Sharon Stone mediocre in a letter.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#21 K i n g

K i n g

๐’พ'๐“‚ ๐’น๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐‘’ ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“‡๐‘’

• PipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:28 PM

Madonna is just a mess

#22 kimchidiablo

kimchidiablo

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:31 PM

ugh her career was only relying on her branding tho same as selena gomez

#23 shawnee

shawnee

s แด› แด ษด แด‡ สœ แด‡ แด€ ส€ แด›

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:40 PM

I wonder what she means when she says that Whitney has the career she wishes she had. Isn't she one of the best selling female artists of all time?

#24 Sugar Free

Sugar Free

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:51 PM (Edited by Sugar Free, 13 July 2017 - 09:53 PM.)

Y'all would try to drag Madonna/say Whitney won when... Well, history says the opposite!

I wonder what she means when she says that Whitney has the career she wishes she had. Isn't she one of the best selling female artists of all time?

Yes, Madonna is the best selling female recording artist (And touring too, I think?). But Whitney was never lambasted for her work+received critical praise at the time. Madonna was the one always getting raked over the coals for breathing. This makes less sense now when several of Madonna's eras are considered turning points for all of pop music (Erotica, Ray of Light, Like a Prayer, etc.) while the majority of Whitney's music fell to the wayside+didn't have a huge impact on the presentation or sound of pop music today. But the short was that Whitney was a critical/media sweetheart while Madonna was the "bad girl" in an era where her artistry/vision/visuals were much more shocking. Though Madonna sold more than her she felt like her work and music wasn't viewed fairly, which is true as far as I'm concerned.

#25 konikoni

konikoni

Idol

• PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:04 PM (Edited by konikoni, 13 July 2017 - 10:06 PM.)

well obviously they aren't that obsessed about sales unlike their fans.  i think madonna value artistry rather than how many album she sold.  Whitney got respect from what she does because she is a singer singer but madonna felt that as she had to work 1000x harder than Whitney to get the same respect that Whitney received. madonna always feel as if whitney and mariah are/were always her biggest threats in the industry when they both first came out because in the 80s, what madonna was doing is hot but whitney came along and then mariah and both of the ladies can sang, and if you look at the billboard no 1 during late 80s and 90s, most of them were ballads.

#26 Jeffrey Jung

Jeffrey Jung

Dฮžฮ”N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,726 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:19 PM

i believe image wise (aside from the shade wars) Whitney is like media darling during her peak while Madonna was experimenting with various concepts and got lots of flaks

yes Whitney sang very well but performance wise Madonna triumphs her

#27 GINOZA

GINOZA

Dream Fighter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,666 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:01 AM

Madonna is just a mess

#28 Sailor Mars

Sailor Mars

I did it for the people

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,333 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:49 AM

Mediocre? Madonna calling someone else mediocre? Gotta be a joke

#29 trang95

trang95

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:56 AM (Edited by trang95, 14 July 2017 - 07:57 AM.)

Y'all would try to drag Madonna/say Whitney won when... Well, history says the opposite!

Yes, Madonna is the best selling female recording artist (And touring too, I think?). But Whitney was never lambasted for her work+received critical praise at the time. Madonna was the one always getting raked over the coals for breathing. This makes less sense now when several of Madonna's eras are considered turning points for all of pop music (Erotica, Ray of Light, Like a Prayer, etc.) while the majority of Whitney's music fell to the wayside+didn't have a huge impact on the presentation or sound of pop music today. But the short was that Whitney was a critical/media sweetheart while Madonna was the "bad girl" in an era where her artistry/vision/visuals were much more shocking. Though Madonna sold more than her she felt like her work and music wasn't viewed fairly, which is true as far as I'm concerned.

This is exactly what I think. While I believe Madonna could have used different wording, I understand where she is coming from.
Madonna was constantly reinventing herself and, contrary to everyone's belief, had really freat albums. She took risks and tackled on new genres, which was a brave thing to do back then in the much more conservative 80s and 90s. As a matter of fact, she DID have critically well-reviewed albums. She might be a shitty singer, but we have enough of those today, too, and they are still famous (looking at you Taylor Swift).
Like many others in this generation, we forget how influential Madonna was. She 100% had a greater influence on today's pop industry than any other female artist.

Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk

#30 The Voice

The Voice

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:04 AM

i believe image wise (aside from the shade wars) Whitney is like media darling during her peak while Madonna was experimenting with various concepts and got lots of flaks
yes Whitney sang very well but performance wise Madonna triumphs her

No she doesn't, lol.

#31 L'Amour

L'Amour

Dandelonie

• PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:56 PM

giphy.gif

#32 Your Juan and only

Your Juan and only

Amateur Journalist of OHpression News

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,796 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:24 PM (Edited by Your Juan and only, 14 July 2017 - 01:25 PM.)

Madonna is literally the most overrated singer of all time. No vocal talent or acting skills. Of course she's jealous.

Maybe now but chill if its overall, her peak music career was amazing. I agree that she maybe jealous or more so bitter.

#33 SheeraEtheral

SheeraEtheral

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:20 AM

Whitney>>>>>Mariah>>>>Celine>>>>>>>Whoredonna