Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

♦ LAST IDOL ♦ Season 3 starts January 14th ~ Battle for the 2nd Generation! 2nd Producer Battle with the 1st Gen. starts June 3rd on Abema TV!

akimoto yasushi survival Last Idol Good Tears Chou Cream Rockets Someday Somewhere Love Cocchi

436 replies to this topic

#421 Sasori

Sasori

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,112 posts
  • LocationParty in the hell

Posted 27 July 2018 - 11:52 PM (Edited by Sasori, 27 July 2018 - 11:57 PM.)

Abema TV Producer Battle Ep 5 Breakdown

Spoiler

#422 Sasori

Sasori

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:40 PM (Edited by Sasori, 03 August 2018 - 09:41 PM.)

I'm late posting these. I'm sure anyone who's interested has already found them, but I wanted to stay consistent.

Last Idol 3rd Single Special (aired in place of the 2nd Gen's Survival Show):

https://www.bilibili...ideo/av28001143

Abema TV Producer Battle Ep 9: LaLuce vs Good Tears

https://www.bilibili...485668056503895

#423 kirakira1610

kirakira1610

Trainee

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:08 AM

Thanks. Been WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY to busy lately to keep up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#424 Sasori

Sasori

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:49 AM (Edited by Sasori, 08 August 2018 - 12:54 AM.)

You're welcome smile.png The newest Episodes haven't been uploaded yet, but I'll keep checking. I took a break from doing the breakdowns, but will get started again this week.

I wasn't going to make any predictions since I was completely wrong last Season (The two groups that I didn't think had a chance of winning ended up in the Finals, lol). However, now that we're past the halfway point, I feel like I have an idea of the direction they're going.

Spoiler

#425 kirakira1610

kirakira1610

Trainee

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:12 AM

I’ll try and help you with the breakdowns but my Japanese is very limited so I can only say what I can see and understand (and my knowledge of how to use google translate).

If you want, I can put up what’s happening with 2nd gen battles. I’ve managed to keep up more with them then 1st gen.

#426 kirakira1610

kirakira1610

Trainee

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:02 AM

You're welcome https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

Spoiler
Spoiler

I hope this battle isn’t rigged like the last one. I like La Luce’s song, not as much as CCR’s but until they sort out those horrid outfits, they will never win.

I’m a H!P fan so Tsunku’s songs have resonated with my subconscious. This new one reminds me of golden era momusu/early H!P so I can see Tsunku Wotas buying all copies of this single if they win.

Samu samu feels like a copy of their first song, I also feel like Wakana is Aki-p’s chosen one but because none of the 48g lot wanted her, he’s put her here where he has some more control over how much he can push her in our faces. Her wining the Center position for Suki de is just the icing on the cake. P.S I’ve never really liked majority of his songs. They seem to piss me off for some reason, I’ve no idea why that is.

I’m disappointed with Love Cocchi’s outfits. Although they are more thought out than La Luce’s, they just seem too busy. For the life of me I can’t remember their song, that might be a reason why the viewers votes have been quite close in their battles, they’re never more then 10% off from their rivals. I predict that they might win this vote in their next match against La Luce as their outfits are miles better.

Good Tears have a song and choreography that’s very rememberable but I don’t see how belly dancing has anything to do with politics. True, I don’t know what the song says but it’s still a stretch. And I completely understand why the public just doesn’t like these girls. I think it’s down to 2 things, 1) the don’t seem to be improving vocally. It’s fun to watch the girls improve but when the you don’t see any improvement, it’s hard to want to cheer them on. 2)they are the first losers. I think this feeling towards them is like What was the point of having these battles in the first place? Honestly, I like their Center. But I do think if she was in any other group, she’d be popular.

#427 davidguy

davidguy

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:21 PM (Edited by davidguy, 08 August 2018 - 03:23 PM.)

Aki-P is going to win twice

tenor.gif

#428 Sasori

Sasori

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:57 PM (Edited by Sasori, 08 August 2018 - 06:02 PM.)

I’ll try and help you with the breakdowns but my Japanese is very limited so I can only say what I can see and understand (and my knowledge of how to use google translate).

If you want, I can put up what’s happening with 2nd gen battles. I’ve managed to keep up more with them then 1st gen.

That would be great if you can help with the 2nd Gen's show. I don't have time to do both, and have been focusing mainly on the Abema TV show with the 1st Gen. It all depends if the 2nd Gen's episodes get uploaded or not.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Good Tears have been my favorite 2nd Unit, although Orin Graduating has lessened their appeal. They actually improved their vocals in the Battle against CCR and finally showed what they can do. Their problem is that they don't have any stand out members like the other groups do. Kana is great and is the most reliable performer, but she still doesn't seem to appeal to that many fans. I think Mayu is a fine Center, but she's on the bottom end of popularity. I don't even think being in a different Unit would help. Visuals are such a big factor when it comes to popularity. To give an example, Orin in Samu Samu is really popular because she's cute. That's it. Unfortunately, no one in GT has the right visuals to appeal to the Idol Wotas.

I have no doubt this Season is scripted just like the others. It's what Aki-P does, lol. At least there's some transparency with the Viewer vote. It's been consistent with the popularity of all the groups.

I translated a Fan's interpretation about the political nature of the lyrics to "Hey, So!". It's in one of the breakdowns I wrote up a while ago. I don't have it handy at the moment, so I'll post it later.

Even though Samu Samu's song and concept is pretty much the same as when they debuted, I think Aki-P improved upon it. I don't know why, but every so often, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa" pops into my head. That's when I knew it was probably the best choice for the Single and will likely win. It's not amazing or anything, but it just feels like the right fit for the Title Song.

Japanese Fans talk allot about Wakana being Aki-P's favorite. The amount of hate she got on 5ch when she was chosen as the Center for the 3rd Single was intense (They were smart to put Abe and Midori right next to her to pacify fans since they're the two most popular members). I've said this before, but having watched the show from the beginning, it does feel like everything has been done for Wakana's benefit. She definitely has something, but she's too inconsistent of a performer and her aura in MVs doesn't always translate to the stage.

Aki-P is going to win twice

https://media.tenor.com/images/05b1ed9b9...

I've pretty much come to terms with it but...

tenor.gif?itemid=9426733

#429 kirakira1610

kirakira1610

Trainee

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:58 PM

Here’s the list of all the challengers from ep 9.

The Judges for eps 8, 9 and 10 are Yoshida Go, Pierre Nakano, Rolly and Nakada Kana.

Ep9 - Yoneda Miina(米田みいな) challenged #9 Kaminaguchi Himeka
3b1d48d8e991aa59a9a51073e58570aa.jpg
Nakada Kana was chosen to judge and she chose Himeka. All judges were in agreement.

https://www.bilibili...318115743080863

Ep10 - Sasaki Kokoro (佐佐木 一心) challenged #5 Kizaki Chisato.
ddb8efbd87a7b62b5751fad62a17723e.jpg
Yoshida did it again. He chose wrong and got rid of Chisato. No one else agreed with him and neither do I.

Sasaki Kokoro (佐佐木 一心)
ad44e5785ba9eeab532409a68ce40234.jpg
- 11/03/2004
- Shizuoka
- 161 cm
- AB type

http://48videodouga.net/video/7786

For ep 11 and 12 the judges were Brother Tom, Takenada Natsumi, Marty Friedman and Uno Tsunehiro

Ep11 - Miyata Yume (宮田 有萌) challenged #6 Yamamoto Runa.
c30113a2171773038c16ba0bf2b09f80.jpg
Brother Tom voted for Runa and so would have all the other judges, Runa needs to stop crying every time she’s picked, that’s putting me off her.

https://www.bilibili...883836230096924

Ep12 - Kato Himari (加藤ひまり) challenged #2 Mizuno Mana.
91da175e0bceb1e53de4458a85053f18.jpg
Uno chose Mizuno while the other judges didn’t agree with his decision. I think I mentioned my opinion on this battle, Kato was better and showed how much she thought about her place in the group, she cut her hair short in anticipation of joining them.

http://48videodouga.net/video/7979

Personally I think that there should be a rule that if you win 3 battles, you should be made a permanent member. Yamamoto has reached that, Mizuno has won 2 so far while #1 Hinoda Nozomi, #4 Shinoda Moe and #8 Enmei Asami have yet to battle.

The next ep is another one for 1st Gen so battles should resume in 2 weeks.

#430 chiara_t

chiara_t

Trainee

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 08:18 AM

Honestly as others have said, it's a miracle runa is still keeping her spot lol

#431 Sasori

Sasori

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:47 AM (Edited by Sasori, 10 August 2018 - 12:50 AM.)

It's all going according to plan with Luna, lol.

Fans were coming after Uno on twitter just they did with Yoshida. It's amazing that they take the bait so easily. Most of the eliminated members will end up in the 2nd Unit, so there's really nothing to be too upset about. We've seen how little it matters getting into the winning group with the 1st Gen.

I'll have to look through 48videodouga. Both Last Idol and =LOVE get some attention on various 48G blogs and 5ch archive sites. I guess their included by default because of their relationship to Aki-P and Sashihara. Just like H!P fans talk about the show simply because Tsunku's involved. I didn't expect a 48G site to upload the TV show as well, so that's a bonus.

I've also thought about setting a limit on how many Battles each Interim Member should have. However, this is all to create suspense and drama, and having a rule like this would eliminate that from the equation, so it ain't going to happen, lol.

#432 kirakira1610

kirakira1610

Trainee

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:58 AM (Edited by kirakira1610, 11 August 2018 - 12:00 PM.)

The next challenger for 2nd gen is Hashimoto Momoko (橋本桃呼)

fd70a88b756e592d150ca078b68ba101.jpg

she was a finalist on Hello! Projects anniversary audition that was accepted into their Kenshuusei but left due to the long distance she had to travel for training.

http://helloproject....ashimoto_Momoko

She’s got the H!P fandom talking again as no one wanted her to leave as she was one of the better girls who auditioned. She’s going to challenge #1 Himohara Nozomi (finally).

#433 chiara_t

chiara_t

Trainee

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:01 PM

Oh wow she looks so cute. Such a shame she had to leave. I wonder if the 2nd gen will be popular at all, because even the 1st gen seems like they're slowing down atm.

But if she joins this won't she have to travel just as far like for H!P though? I wonder if she has auditioned for HKT or STU before cause those are closer to where she's from.

#434 kirakira1610

kirakira1610

Trainee

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:14 PM

I think she wants an instant debut so she will move to Tokyo. She probably has auditioned for both.

#435 chiara_t

chiara_t

Trainee

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:50 PM

she's going for no. 1 right? I hope she wins, maybe she's what 2nd gen needs to boost up their popularity. Also I can already see it now. They will make season 4 with 1st gen vs 2nd gen, with their no. 1s being Aki-P's chosen one vs Tsunku's chosen one. lollololololol.

#436 kirakira1610

kirakira1610

Trainee

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:54 PM

Tsunku never chose her. He’s not involved with the selection of H!P members anymore, he just produces Morning Musume and the odd H!P group songs now.

#437 Sasori

Sasori

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:45 PM (Edited by Sasori, 12 August 2018 - 11:48 PM.)

Abema TV Producer Battle Ep 10: Chou Cream Rockets vs Someday Somewhere

https://www.bilibili...587535778068932

she's going for no. 1 right? I hope she wins, maybe she's what 2nd gen needs to boost up their popularity. Also I can already see it now. They will make season 4 with 1st gen vs 2nd gen, with their no. 1s being Aki-P's chosen one vs Tsunku's chosen one. lollololololol.

In the announcement for the 2nd Gen, they stated that they would not Battle the 1st Gen and each of them would go down their own paths. One needs to be on Abema TV and the other on TV Asahi, so I doubt we'll see much interaction. It'll probably be something like Kanji Keyaki and Hiragana Keyaki. They might cross paths for a Sports Festival or something and the occasional concert, but they'll likely have separate activities for the most part.

Up, Up and Away!