• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Baby Don't Cry

Baby Don't Cry

♡ ♡ ♡

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:06 AM

Oh, I didn't know there's an Acchan thread!
I really liked her newest single~ And she makes the short fringe looks so cute.

But the OP should be updated. ;;;;

#62 SAYUNA

SAYUNA

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,066 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:16 AM (Edited by SAYUNA, 07 August 2016 - 11:17 AM.)

Oh, I didn't know there's an Acchan thread!
I really liked her newest single~ And she makes the short fringe looks so cute.

But the OP should be updated. ;;;;

I like her new single too (actually it's an album but only 4 new songs and the rest are her old songs so it's basically like a new single LOL). Her short fringe looks cute especially in her Pv :D

haha I actually just send a message to the Op and asked for the first post to be updated, she said she would update it when she finds time. Let's wait and see ^^ if you're interested in Acchan's news, don't hesitate to follow this thread, I'll keep it updated :D

Speaking of this, I found the other weeks' sales for Acchan's album! It charted for 5 weeks but not for the 6th week so there aren't numbers for the last week, but here are the sales for the first 5 weeks!

Atsuko Maeda's 1st Album Sales + Week Rank

Week 1: 17,027 (#8)
Week 2: 2,588 (#28)
Week 3: 1,024 (#73)
Week 4: 558 (#119)
Week 5: 344 (#198)
Week 6: Not charted

Total Sales: 21,541

I think this is a good number!
Especially for someone like Acchan who is much more active as actress than singer.
And this is her first release in 2 years. with only 4 new songs. Good sales :D
It might not be able to reach 30,000 like I wanted, but maybe 25,000 in the long run~

#63 SAYUNA

SAYUNA

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,066 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 01:44 PM

Here's an article about Acchan, the interview is originally in english!

http://www.cool-ny.c...n/archives/2416

An Actress Called Idol

Atsuko-Maeda1-482x321.jpg

Where does the sparkle in her eyes come from? Today, Atsuko Maeda continues her leap as an actress appearing in film, TV and theatre. She, whose existence in film follows a course of growth charted by her starring turns in “Tamako in Moratorium” and “Kabukicho Love Hotel,” visited the 10th JAPAN CUTS! at Japan Society for the North American Premiere of “Mohican Comes Home”. Chosen as the Opening Night film for this largest Japanese film festival in North America, the film and Ms. Maeda’s appearance capped New York City’s midsummer.

Written and directed by Shuichi Okita, whose excellent works include “The Woodsman and the Rain” and “A Story of Yonosuke”, “Mohican Comes Home” is a family drama that welcomes Ryuhei Matsuda as the lead character Eikichi Tamura, a struggling punk musician with Mohawk hair. Eikichi returns to his hometown and family on Tobijima Island for the first time in seven years to announce his marriage. The exceptional Akira Emoto and Masako Motai play Eikichi’s parents and Ms. Maeda plays Eikichi’s pregnant girlfriend Yuka. With an acute sensitivity, Ms. Maeda embodies Yuka’s openness and natural ability to adapt into the atmosphere of the island, unlike Eikichi who has a difficult time communicating with his father.

Like Ms. Maeda herself who was a member of the pop group AKB48 until August 2012, because they have an aspiration to achieve a new level in their career, some actors and musicians who used to be idols might wish to be far removed from the idol era of their past. However Ms. Maeda is different. She accepts her past and cherishes it in her heart as a part of her identity. It is as if she understands that there is no second life, and everything is an event in one life. That’s why there are everlasting twinkles of an idol on her path of an actress.

Atsuko Maeda spoke about “Mohican Comes Home” and her journey so far before the film’s screening at the 10th JAPAN CUTS!

“I’m honored that I was able to meet those extraordinary filmmakers”

Your character Yuka is an outsider but gets along naturally with people on the island. What aspect of hers appeals you?

Normally if you go to meet your partner’s parents for the first time, you become nervous, don’t you? She does try to be careful at first, but after all, they are the parents of the guy she loves. So I thought it’s lovely about her attitude to love his parents naturally.

The film depicts the death of a family member. But director Okita displays that situation smoothly even though it could be devastating.

He just accepts and enjoys whatever is there at the time. And he can just be anywhere naturally. I believe that he is a guy with a big heart. He treats people without distinction, so he is really warmhearted. He says, “It’s alright,” accepting everything and everyone.

While shooting the film, director Okita told you that you don’t have to be specific about the script.

He is the best audience because he is very thoughtful and enjoys whatever comes out of his actors. I think that’s why his actors can enjoy acting on the set. I was very happy when he laughed; so on the film set there was mutual love between him and his actors.

You worked with Mr. Matsuda, Mr. Emoto and Ms. Motai, who are eccentric Japanese actors. Did any of their behavior or approach fascinate you?

No one showed his or her own ego, and they are all great performers who can act naturally, as if they are living their characters, enjoying the atmosphere there and then. I had a sense that we just gathered in Hiroshima and were naturally able to shoot everyday. I was impressed that their attitude was very positive without anxiety, and they tried to enjoy whatever was created there.

Like director Okita this time, you’ve worked with directors whom film lovers love, such as Nobuhiro Yamashita and Kiyoshi Kurosawa. So as a result of that, you work on films that film lovers watch.

I like unique films that are really original. So I think my personal interest is reflected in the films that I work on. I’m honored that I was able to meet those extraordinary filmmakers.

“People who start their career as idols have some magical power that keeps giving dreams”

Now you’ve been exploring your possibilities through film, TV, theatre and singing.

I live thinking, “It’ll be alright,” therefore I don’t really have a life plan. So that allows me to see myself objectively. Although, I hesitate not a little to do things.

Also, I feel fortunate to meet great people. There are many great older people in the business and they tell me, “When I was younger I was like this, so Acchan [Atsuko’s nickname], you should try to do this.” So I don’t think I’m going to do something out of my frustration.

Do you now choose what you would like to do at your own pace rather than being pushed?

I experienced the hustle and bustle while I was in AKB48. Now I’m living doing things I want on my own time. I think that’s the source for me to enjoy my life now.

You’ve mentioned before that you have your own opinion but you try to listen to the opinions of others. Why is that important?

I understood the goodness of people who reprimanded me when I joined AKB. There are a lot of things that you don’t notice by yourself, and everyone has an experience of being self-centered. Things in my private life always affect me, don’t they? So sometimes you go off the track. But I’m able to be as I am now because there were people who gave me advice when I was in those situations.

Also, I’ve had many experiences where I was able to feel relieved when I listened to other’s opinions. Just as I did, you can calm down by listening to somebody, so it is very important to listen to others.

You’ve been working in entertainment for over 10 years. Once you were an ordinary girl in Chiba prefecture, but now you are in the position to present a film you worked on in New York City.

If you have a dream, it’ll come true little by little. So if you have a dream, it’s important to keep embracing it. It’s easy to give up, isn’t it? You can quit anytime you want, but I believe that the accumulation of your small efforts will lead you to your dream.

You’ve said on TV, “When you start your career as an idol, you will end as an idol.” How did you have this realization while focusing on your acting career?

I have realized that there are actually many actors who used to be idols in this business.

Like Kyoko Koizumi is still “Kyonkyon.”

Exactly! Everyone stays an idol even though their title has changed. The fans of Ms. Koizumi when she was an idol still call her “Kyonkyon” out of their affection. In this business also there are many people older than me who say, “I love Kyonkyon.” So I think it’s wonderful to keep that dream alive.

I’ve worked with Ran Ito, who is a former Candies member, twice on theatre productions as mother and daughter. She was already an idol before my time, but even from my point of view she is pretty and shines like an idol. That’s why I’ve been thinking positively about myself by looking at amazing former idols; people who start their career as idols have some magical power that keeps giving dreams and I’m lucky to start my career from there.

It’s exciting to go forward on your path as an actor, isn’t it?

I hope people keep calling me “cute.”

Text & Interview by Taiyo Okamoto
Portrait photos by Ayumi Sakamoto
©2016 “The Mohican Comes Home” Production Partners, LLC

It's a very nice interview. I love Acchan's answers ^^ She is really working hard to be recognized as actress but at the same time she still cherish her past as idol :') I really like the way she thinks, simple and positive. and her last answer, don't worry Acchan we'll keep calling you cute. <3

ReAOm65.gif

#64 gudetama

gudetama

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:11 PM

You’ve said on TV, “When you start your career as an idol, you will end as an idol.” How did you have this realization while focusing on your acting career?

I have realized that there are actually many actors who used to be idols in this business.

Like Kyoko Koizumi is still “Kyonkyon.”

Exactly! Everyone stays an idol even though their title has changed. The fans of Ms. Koizumi when she was an idol still call her “Kyonkyon” out of their affection. In this business also there are many people older than me who say, “I love Kyonkyon.” So I think it’s wonderful to keep that dream alive.

I’ve worked with Ran Ito, who is a former Candies member, twice on theatre productions as mother and daughter. She was already an idol before my time, but even from my point of view she is pretty and shines like an idol. That’s why I’ve been thinking positively about myself by looking at amazing former idols; people who start their career as idols have some magical power that keeps giving dreams and I’m lucky to start my career from there.

It’s exciting to go forward on your path as an actor, isn’t it?

I hope people keep calling me “cute.”

Text & Interview by Taiyo Okamoto
Portrait photos by Ayumi Sakamoto
©2016 “The Mohican Comes Home” Production Partners, LLC

It's a very nice interview. I love Acchan's answers ^^ She is really working hard to be recognized as actress but at the same time she still cherish her past as idol :') I really like the way she thinks, simple and positive. and her last answer, don't worry Acchan we'll keep calling you cute. <3

I like how she acknowledges and appreciates her past as an idol :) 

#65 vader

vader

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:11 AM

what do you guys think are the chances of her releasing a new single in 2017?  :rlytearpls:

#66 SAYUNA

SAYUNA

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,066 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:25 PM (Edited by SAYUNA, 06 May 2017 - 01:26 PM.)

what do you guys think are the chances of her releasing a new single in 2017?  https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

I think the chances are low but I seriously hope she will... I love her songs so I want her to keep singing rlytearpls.png

Some time ago on radio, Aki-P said that Kimi wa Melody was at first supposed to be a solo song for Acchan. wow... I can imagine this song being an a-side of a new Acchan single. it would totally suit her voice. I wish it happened T___T

I'm here to post some news!!!

161217 Acchan visit Vietnam for the Jseries Festival! Here are some fancams:

Official trailer & Promo for her special drama "Zenigata Keibu" that aired in February!

#67 SAYUNA

SAYUNA

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,066 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:30 PM

From February 2017, Acchan was part of a special "Elle Cinema Chat: Oscar Special 2017" series of videos, where she talks about the movies together with 2 men, they talk about their opinions & preferences. Here are all the videos:

170321 Acchan went to Hong Kong for the 11th Asian Film Awards.

She was nominated so she attended the event! Here are the videos:

#68 SAYUNA

SAYUNA

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,066 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:35 PM (Edited by SAYUNA, 06 May 2017 - 01:36 PM.)

170330 Acchan won a special award related to celebrities who have pets!

in February, Acchan did a special 10-minutes movie related to employment.

The movie is called "Saposute" or "Support Station".

atsuko_maeda-supportstation-poster2.jpg

#69 SAYUNA

SAYUNA

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,066 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:39 PM (Edited by SAYUNA, 06 May 2017 - 01:40 PM.)

Acchan appeared in a Pv:

"Maeda Atsuko appeared in the Music Video of the New Single "Girl" by Hata Motohiro released on May 3. This work "Girl" is a song recorded in the 4th album "Signed POP" released in 2013, it will become the theme song of the drama that will start from this spring."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Atsuko Maeda, Maeda, Atsuko

Up, Up and Away!