Photo

【Current MBC Drama】Hospital Ship "병원선" ─ Kang Minhyuk & Ha Jiwon etc. *Wed-Thurs 22.00 PM KST*

Kang Minhyuk Ha Jiwon Mina Hospital Ship 병원선 Lee Seo-Won

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#1 FranCella

FranCella

「Soldier's Lover」

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,664 posts
  • LocationCandles burning Lovers yearning, The flame of love ignites, Let me read to you my love.. By the firelight - 이태민

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:44 PM (Edited by FranCella, 08 September 2017 - 11:27 AM.)

MBC Presents...

Hospital Ship (하백의 신부)

DH-0wqiVoAE77tn.jpg

BERgSXDREyib636386644378751294.jpg

Spoiler

Drama: Hospital Ship (literal title)

Revised romanization:Byungwonsun

Hangul: 병원선

Director: Park Jae-Bum

Writer: Yoon Sun-Joo

Network: MBC

Episodes: TBA

Release Date: 30th August, 2017 --

Runtime: Wednesdays & Thursdays 22:00

Language: Korean

Notes 

1. Drama series will takeover the MBC Wednesdays & Thursdays 22:00 time slot previously occupied by "Man Who Dies to Live" and followed by "I'm Not a Robot" October, 2017.
  2. Filming for the drama series takes place mostly on Geoje Island, South Korea.
  3. Choi Jin-Hyuk was first offered the lead male role, but declined.
  4. First script reading took place July 6, 2017 at MBC Broadcasting Station in Sangam, South Korea.
  5. Ha Ji-Won plays a doctor for the first time in her acting career.

Plot 

'Hospital Ship' is a medical drama about a ship that sails around an island to provide medical care for the locals. It's about the growth of young doctors and their stories that reflect today's generation. Writer Yoon Sun Joo (King Sejong the Great, Secret Door) will be writing the script and Park Jae Bum PD is directing. Kang Minhyuk is cast for the role of physician Kwak Hyuk. Hospital Ship is expected to premiere in July on MBC's Wed-Thurs following 'Man Who Dies to Live'.

Cast 

XpjhtdM.jpg

Ha Ji-Won - Song Eun-Jae

Kang Min-Hyuk - Kwak Hyun

Lee Seo-Won - Kim Jae-Gul

Wang Ji-Won - Choi Young-Eun

Kim In-Sik - Cha Joon-Young

Kang Mina - Yoo A-Rim

Kim Kwang-Kyu - Choo Won-Gong

Jung Kyung-Soon - Pyo Go-Eun

Lee Han-Wi - Bang Sung-Woo

Song Ji-Ho - Kang Jung-Ho

Cha Hwa-Yeon - Oh Hye-Jung

Jung In-Gi - Kwak Sung

Nam Gi-Ae - Lee Soo-Kyung

Jung Won-Joong - Kim Soo-Gwon

Park Jun-Keum - Han Hee-Sook

Wang Ji-Won - Choi Young-Eun

Jo Hyun-Jae - Jang Sung-Ho (cameo)

Source: Asianwiki 

====

Script Reading 

Teasers 

NOTE: Post will be updated as more information surfaces. Kindly follow this thread for the daily updates. 

Thanks, Chingus! NI1V5fX.gif

#2 FranCella

FranCella

「Soldier's Lover」

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,664 posts
  • LocationCandles burning Lovers yearning, The flame of love ignites, Let me read to you my love.. By the firelight - 이태민

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:46 PM

-Reserved post-

#3 FranCella

FranCella

「Soldier's Lover」

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,664 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:49 PM (Edited by FranCella, 16 June 2017 - 06:50 PM.)

(DB Article) Kang Min-hyuk to star opposite Ha Ji-won in MBC’s Hospital Ship 

MBC’s upcoming medical drama Hospital Ship has found its leads in Ha Ji-won (The Time I’ve Loved You) and CN Blue’s Kang Min-hyuk (Entertainer), who are in final negotiations to headline. Ha Ji-won was attached to the project early on while the search was a bit longer to find her leading man; an offer went out to Choi Jin-hyuk, but he ended up declining. It seems like a big jump in age and image for the hero to go from Choi Jin-hyuk to Kang Min-hyuk, especially since they were co-stars in Heirs where Choi Jin-hyuk played the older brother and Kang Min-hyuk was one of the high school kids. But I suppose now they could age the character down to be more of the puppy rookie doctor? I would believe that.

The warm human drama is about a medical ship that travels around to service tiny rural islands where there are no hospitals, and will focus on the growth of the young doctors who work there. Ha Ji-won has been cast to play a surgeon who boards the ship to run away from her life after her family faces public ruin. Kang Min-hyuk will play a doctor of internal medicine with a warm heart and a particularly strong sense of empathy—he’s able to read how others feel before they tell him, and knows how to comfort them.

I generally like Kang Min-hyuk and have liked his previous characters, though that’s when he’s usually playing idols or students, which fits with the image I have of him in my head. I wonder how he’ll do as an adult in a leading role, and whether this drama intends to have a noona romance between the leads. I can see him pulling off romance—heck, I rooted for him and Hyeri in Entertainer—but the show will have to do some convincing if he’s going to play a doctor who’s not still an intern.

Hospital Ship will be directed by PD Park Jae-bum of daily drama Begin Againand legal drama A New Leaf, and written by Yoon Seon-joo of Secret Door and Hwang Jin-yi. It’s scheduled to air on Wednesdays and Thursdays in August following Man Who Dies to Live, which comes after Ruler–Master of the Mask.

cr: http://www.dramabean....hospital-ship/

===============

AOA's Mina joins cast of upcoming medical drama 'Hospital Ship'!

Mina.jpg

AOA member Mina has been added to the cast of MBC's upcoming medical drama 'Hospital Ship' (working title)!

According to a broadcast affiliate on June 15, Mina was recently confirmed to appear in the drama. The idol singer will be playing the role of a warm-hearted nurse, passionate about taking care of her patients.  

'Hospital Ship' is an adolescent drama which takes place on a small island, where young medical professionals go around treating patients. Actress Ha Ji Won and CNBLUE's Minhyuk will also be starring in the drama, leading to much anticipation. It's set to air after 'Monarch - Owner of the Mask'.

cr: http://www.allkpop.c...a-hospital-ship

#4 FranCella

FranCella

「Soldier's Lover」

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,664 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:58 PM (Edited by FranCella, 16 June 2017 - 06:58 PM.)

(NAVER) Kang Minhyuk confirmed as Ha Ji Won's male lead in medical drama 'Hospital Ship'

2it8vyc.jpg&key=d61149496999078313809c05

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-06-14%2Bat%2B4.48.1

Sports Dong A via Naver: [Exclusive] Kang Minhyuk cast as male lead in 'Hospital Ship' opposite Ha Ji Won 

'Hospital Ship' is a medical drama about a ship that sails around an island to provide medical care for the locals. It's about the growth of young doctors and their stories that reflect today's generation. Writer Yoon Sun Joo (King Sejong the Great, Secret Door) will be writing the script and Park Jae Bum PD is directing. Kang Minhyuk is cast for the role of physician Kwak Hyuk. Hospital Ship is expected to premiere in July on MBC's Wed-Thurs following 'Man Who Dies to Live'.

1. [+2,101, -122] Not even for supporting role but male lead?? And happens to be opposite Ha Ji Won??? Wow... another big stain on Ha Ji Won's drama career

2. [+1,629, -47] Kang Minhyuk is Ha Ji Won's leading man? ???????????????????????????????????????????

3. [+1,322, -49]ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ha Ji Won's male lead is Kang Minhyuk? They probably meant secondary lead

4. [+1,048, -90] Ha Ji Won's losing her touch lately

5. [+679, -41]???????ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+282, -8] Is MBC casting with their eyes closed? I totally freaked out when they cast Uee and Lee Seo Jin together, are you kidding me with Kang Minhyuk and Ha Ji Won? If you're having a hard time balancing their pay, why not just cast rookies

7. [+262, -11] Like an aunt and her nephew ㅋㅋㅋ They don't match. As long as it's not a love story

8. [+229, -11] Kang Minhyuk looks like a high school student, who thought it's a good idea to make him play a doctor? ㅋㅋㅋ Not to mention, as Ha Ji Won's love interest? A love story between an aunt and nephew? tsk tsk

9. [+187, -10] Ha Ji Won looks young for her age but there's a big age gap with Kang Minhyuk.. I'd rather they cast Lee Seo Jin or someone with similar age

10. [+195, -18] Hul.. Worst of Ha Ji Won's male lead. From Hyun Bin and Jo In Sung to Kang Minhyuk. Is this for real?

cr

======

P/S: I dont get why must their age become a big issue? Its not like this the 1st pairing in drama who had a big age gap.

Just take example like Yoo Ah In & his pairing in Secret Love affair.. imstupid.png

#5 GVK

GVK

Hopeless Multifan

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,003 posts
  • Locationin a cave with internet

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:00 AM

Ha Jiwon yaaaaassss  I know it will be good already.

#6 MsWillow

MsWillow

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:18 PM

Love the cast plus its a medical drama so anticipation is high!

#7 FranCella

FranCella

「Soldier's Lover」

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,664 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:29 AM (Edited by FranCella, 22 June 2017 - 04:29 AM.)

pics from naver, prob their selcas lately lol

20170615_114002.png?type=w773
20170615_114014.png?type=w773

20170615_114100.png?type=w773

20170615_114114.png?type=w773

cr: http://blog.naver.co...ai/221030442545

#8 FranCella

FranCella

「Soldier's Lover」

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,664 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:52 AM (Edited by FranCella, 23 June 2017 - 09:53 AM.)

pic selca from naver page

#9 FranCella

FranCella

「Soldier's Lover」

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,664 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:17 PM

MBC’s Hospital Ship gets another doctor in Lee Seo-won

leeseowon-hospitalship.jpg

We’ve got another doctor onboard MBC’s Hospital Ship, the upcoming medical drama featuring a group of doctors who travel by boat to remote islands to treat the inhabitants who don’t otherwise have access to medical services. Lee Seo-won (The Liar and His Lover) is in final negotiations to join the cast as a doctor of oriental medicine, which should provide an interesting dynamic with leads Ha Ji-won (The Time I’ve Loved You) and CN Blue’s Kang Min-hyuk (Entertainer), who are a surgeon and a doctor of internal medicine, respectively.

Lee Seo-won is relatively new to the industry, with three drama credits to his name: He debuted in a bit part in JTBC’s Awl, was Suzy’s younger brother in Uncontrollably Fond, and most recently played a composer/bassist in The Liar and His Lover. I dropped Uncontrollably Fond early on, and The Liar and His Loveris on my to-watch list, so I’m not very familiar with him as an actor, but I’ve heard good things about his performance as the troubled bassist in the tvN youth drama and I look forward to seeing him in what sounds like a warm medical show with a focus on the relationships between doctors and patients.

The recent casting additions for Hospital Ship are skewing quite young, and I have to admit, I am slightly dubious of Lee Seo-won (who’s 20 years old) playing a doctor, because it could easily look like a kid in his dad’s doctor coat. But maybe Kang Min-hyuk’s role as a fellow doc will help, because two baby-faced doctors cancel out each other’s suspension of disbelief, right? Wait, is that not how math works?

MBC’s Hospital Ship will air in the Wednesday-Thursday slot starting in August, after Ruler—Master of the Mask and Man Who Dies to Live finish their runs.

cr:dramabeans

#10 FranCella

FranCella

「Soldier's Lover」

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,664 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:29 PM

DEaPNnOVwAEG2mN.jpgDEaPNnSUAAAl8Ta.jpg

#11 FranCella

FranCella

「Soldier's Lover」

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,664 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:33 PM

more pics

DD5G_rQV0AAkcxK.jpg&key=7ff4f440f0fd2f8e

19955238_287152208361146_17005185219029819932532_1637199759643904_70155522716687

======

Lee Seo-Won cast in MBC drama series “Hospital Ship”

Hospital_Ship-MSC111.jpg&key=fe586c0ae4b

Lee Seo-Won is cast in upcoming MBC drama series “Hospital Ship” starring Ha Ji-Won & Kang Min-Hyuk (‘CNBLUE’). Lee Seo-Won will play secondary lead male character Kim Jae-Gul. He works as an oriental doctor, has good appearance and comes from a family of doctors. But, when he was a child, his family often compared him to his older brother who was smarter than him and he had conflicts with his father. To anger his father, Kim Jae-Gul chose to become an oriental doctor. Now, he boards the hospital ship and faces Song Eun-Jae (Ha Ji-Won). She insists that oriental medicine is unscientific.

“Hospital Ship” first airs August, 2017 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwik...s-hospital-ship

#12 FranCella

FranCella

「Soldier's Lover」

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,664 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:55 PM (Edited by FranCella, 11 July 2017 - 07:56 PM.)

Intensely focused for Hospital Ship’s first script read

hship1.jpg

Touted as a human medical drama, MBC’s Hospital Ship just had its first script read recently. I didn’t realize how much I had missed seeing Ha Ji-won(The Time I’ve Loved You) onscreen until these photos popped up. Although I’m still unsure of a loveline between her and Kang Min-hyuk (Entertainer) given their large age difference, everyone does look excited for their first meeting all together.

Hospital Ship is focused on a crew of doctors who go on life-saving missions in remote islands with little to no access to any medical care. Ha Ji-won plays a cold, charismatic, skillful surgeon who is completely out of her depth (pun intended) when she somehow lands on this ship, where everything is done with warmth and human emotion. This is a 180-degree contrast to Kang Min-hyuk’s character, who has a background in internal medicine and a compassionate soul that fits right in onboard. Then we have Lee Seo-won(The Liar and His Lover) who plays an oriental medicine doctor who is friendly with others but exudes a deep sense of inner loneliness.

PD Park Jae-bum announced at the script reading: “As [Hospital Ship’s] captain, I will try my best to make sure our voyage is smooth and enjoyable.” Others that were present at the script read include more members of the doctor crew, including a refreshingly non-ambitious dentist played by Kim In-shik and a nurse whose effervescent presence alone breathes energy into the workings of the hospital, played by AOA’s Min-A (All About My Mom). Then we have the older members of our cast, which include Kim Kwang-kyu(Hwarang) as the manager of the ship who brought Ha Ji-won’s character onboard, Jung Kyung-soon (Thief-nim, Thief-nom) playing the fearless veteran nurse, and of course, the ship’s captain played by Lee Han-wi(Introverted Boss).

hship2.jpg

hship3.jpg

hship4.jpg

hship5.jpg

hship6.jpg

hship7.jpg

hship8.jpg

hship9.jpg

hship10.jpg

Overall, I’m ecstatic to see my drama goddess Ha Ji-won again so that The Time I’ve Loved You can be erased from my memory forever. Wednesday-Thursday drama Hospital Ship will begin in August, following the end of Man Who Dies to Live, the fantasy family drama that starts next week.

cr: http://www.dramabean...st-script-read/

#13 FranCella

FranCella

「Soldier's Lover」

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,664 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:23 PM

#14 harue se beon

harue se beon

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationTwice, Gfriend, Red Velvet ( ゚▽゚)/

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:04 AM

I guess they will play mom and son?

#15 FranCella

FranCella

「Soldier's Lover」

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,664 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:20 AM

I guess they will play mom and son?

erm no, if ur not ready for a possible-noona-romance.. this drama may not suit you lol smile.png

#16 harue se beon

harue se beon

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:21 AM

erm no, if ur not ready for a possible-noona-romance.. this drama may not suit you lol https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

I really like both of them and I'm ready for noona romance but I don't think I'm not ready for ahjumma romancerlytearpls.png 

#17 FranCella

FranCella

「Soldier's Lover」

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,664 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:49 AM

I really like both of them and I'm ready for noona romance but I don't think I'm not ready for ahjumma romancehttps://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

what? HJW is like noona for him, not ahjumma duhh ohdearplz.png  

#18 harue se beon

harue se beon

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:51 AM

what? HJW is like noona for him, not ahjumma duhh https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...  

i ship her with hyun bin and i ship minhyuk with krystal so this ship is so wrooooongohdearplz.png

#19 FranCella

FranCella

「Soldier's Lover」

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,664 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:34 AM

i ship her with hyun bin and i ship minhyuk with krystal so this ship is so wrooooonghttps://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

what ship do you mean? chill dude, if you mean bout MH x HJW, it just for a sake of drama, smh 0u0plz.png

#20 harue se beon

harue se beon

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:35 AM

what ship do you mean? chill dude, if you mean bout MH x HJW, it just for a sake of drama, smh https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

Alrightohdearplz.png 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kang Minhyuk, Ha Jiwon, Mina, Hospital Ship, 병원선, Lee Seo-Won

Up, Up and Away!