Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo
- - - - -

[Official] Super Junior 1st Japanese album *Hero*

Super Junior

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
422 replies to this topic

#321 QuackingDuck

QuackingDuck

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

BP45s6lCUAAyocm.jpg:large

at shinjuku station

#322 QuackingDuck

QuackingDuck

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

shibuya tsutaya

BP06SjECYAAz64-.jpg:large

BP1w9afCUAAyyFW.jpg:large

BP2Hr58CYAA0n_9.jpg

BP1zcvYCYAACEDE.jpg:large

#323 TiramiQ

TiramiQ

Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,890 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:02 AM

7/23 Oricon Daily Chart - HERO #1 52,232

#324 QuackingDuck

QuackingDuck

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:04 AM

7/23 Oricon Daily Chart - HERO #1 52,232

ooh hope they remain somewhat consistent. still hoping for 90k. they definitely won't be getting #1 weekly.

#325 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,772 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:07 AM

Looks like I was on pretty on target for opening day.

#326 sima

sima

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:35 AM

awesome ,, omg if just suju can have a korean album like this ppl would go crazy

#327 TiramiQ

TiramiQ

Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,890 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

This is lovely. 

But I can almost hear the blank spots where Yesung is supposed to ad lib LOL.

I feel like everyone stepped up vocally tho, Sungmin sounded great as did Siwon (I reeeeeeally loved how Siwon sounded) and Kangin....I enjoyed that! PV was NIIIIIIICE~~~~~~ I like the choreo and the heroic horns being incorporated into the music.

That last chorus tho, was begging for ppl to be belting all over the place, it really had that space for that to happen....let Kangin and Sungmin and Kyu and Wook just run everywhere. I think that would have made the song sound more complete. Overall tho, LOVELY. 

Avex is showing SM up. 

Also  loved the rapping. Hyuk and Shindong put it down.

something like Yesung's legendary adlibs in Neorago or even Spy would have slayed that last chorus

#328 Guitargeekette

Guitargeekette

Kpop's Choir Director

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,648 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

something like Yesung's legendary adlibs in Neorago or even Spy would have slayed that last chorus

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! In Superman those ad libs were CRAY. And of course Neorago's glorious ad libs. Yeah all that was needed to just fill up what could have been a truly anthemic song from SJ.

#329 danny.

danny.

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

Oricon Update:

#2 Hero - 17,346

Tot: 69,578

Yeah, so the for the day 2 figures the numbers more than halved (as expected :/ ) 

#330 rinamy

rinamy

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

Oricon Update:

#2 Hero - 17,346

Yeah, so the for the day 2 figures the numbers more than halved (as expected :/ ) 

Still pretty decent considering it's pretty much a repackage (3 songs isn't much really).  I don't like how Avex lumped Eunhae's IWD in with it either (probably stole some sales from their single release since the song list for Hero album was out by then)

#331 danny.

danny.

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:18 PM (Edited by ticklesmyfancy, 25 July 2013 - 08:18 PM.)

Still pretty decent considering it's pretty much a repackage (3 songs isn't much really).  I don't like how Avex lumped Eunhae's IWD in with it either (probably stole some sales from their single release since the song list for Hero album was out by then)

Yeah, I don't really know what I was expecting for this album tbh. It's basically just a compilation of prereleased title tracks that J-ELF probably bought already. Props to them. All I can hope now is that the album sales per day stabilise a bit, and that the concerts give it a boost. About IWD, even though it's not exactly the 'title track' of this album, apparently a drop in sales for the single closest to the album release is normal/should be expected for most acts. Though, I do think that it should have been released earlier or have the album delayed a bit because it definitely stole some of the sales for Eunhae. I like it a lot more than Oppa Oppa so it's a shame. :(

#332 TiramiQ

TiramiQ

Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,890 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:20 AM

Oricon Update:

#2 Hero - 17,346

you said you were expecting them to sell around 70k first week  :donthinkso:

do you wanna screencaps  :happy:

#333 danny.

danny.

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:24 AM

you said you were expecting them to sell around 70k first week  :donthinkso:

do you wanna screencaps  :happy:

LMAO. Argh, I mentioned in my first comment about the sales that they've already reached the minimum that I was happy with so I can rest easy. xD It's just that it dropped by more than half which disappoints me a teeny tiny bit.  I'm expecting a 5K today OTL. 

#334 TiramiQ

TiramiQ

Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,890 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

LMAO. Argh, I mentioned in my first comment about the sales that they've already reached the minimum that I was happy with so I can rest easy. xD It's just that it dropped by more than half which disappoints me a teeny tiny bit.  I'm expecting a 5K today OTL. 

hopefully the TD concerts in the weekend will boost the sales a bit

#335 danny.

danny.

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

hopefully the TD concerts in the weekend will boost the sales a bit

I'm counting on them to revive sales.

#336 danny.

danny.

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:02 AM (Edited by ticklesmyfancy, 26 July 2013 - 07:03 AM.)

Oricon Update:

#2 Hero - 5,834

Tot: 75,409

Kinda spot on with my guesstimate. ^__^

#337 ilurk

ilurk

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:48 AM (Edited by ilurk, 27 July 2013 - 07:50 AM.)

2icon.png
51tGdKPJY1L._SL160_.jpg
btn.png
sp_btn.gif
Hero SUPER JUNIOR 発売日: 2013年07月24日 推定売上枚数: 5885

day 4 album sales: 5885 #2

4 day total- 81,294  :ahmagah:

#338 AdzPower

AdzPower

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

It's a pretty piss poor attempt at an album tbh, most of the tracks are just old/remakes, 3 new song is NOTHING, an embarrassment, they must have a ton of demo's lying around they could have made into proper songs for the album, it's just so lazy, though I guess most groups do it tbh.

#339 ilurk

ilurk

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

It's a pretty piss poor attempt at an album tbh, most of the tracks are just old/remakes, 3 new song is NOTHING, an embarrassment, they must have a ton of demo's lying around they could have made into proper songs for the album, it's just so lazy, though I guess most groups do it tbh.

do u at least like e 3 new songs? :) i agree this album is just a bunch of remakes but i think it's more of e company's decision than e members to do something like that for their 1st jap album  :._.:

#340 AdzPower

AdzPower

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

do u at least like e 3 new songs? :) i agree this album is just a bunch of remakes but i think it's more of e company's decision than e members to do something like that for their 1st jap album  :._.:

Oh yes I absolutely agree, I love all the members and SuJu are one of my fave groups, it's the company's fault and their money grabbing ways to try and trick fans into buying the same songs over and over, I like them I guess, but they could be better, I know other people love them but truthfully, I actually love their upbeat songs like Mr. Simple, Opera, SFS etc, but I've been listening to them for years, I don't need to hear them again in Japanese, it's a rip-off imo.

Up, Up and Away!