Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Rinne

Announcement Oh! Press Summer Recruitment 2k17 - ENDED

Ok but what are the signature extension advantages of being in the OH!Press team

I'm asking for a friend

Yd4Ch89.gif

mess not your friend wanting to join for the sig extension

• Like 1

mess not your friend wanting to join for the sig extension

My friend is a dp+sig aesthetics hoe, she can't be helped tbh.

• Like 1

My friend is a dp+sig aesthetics hoe, she can't be helped tbh.

just asking, are people allowed to be on two teams?

just asking, are people allowed to be on two teams?

Yes, there are quite some staff members who are two-timing already.

Ok but what are the signature extension advantages of being in the OH!Press team

I'm asking for a friend

Yd4Ch89.gif

sis wyd imstupid.png

sis wyd imstupid.png

Weighing in all the options an aesthetics hoe can resort to, for a friend imstupid.png

Weighing in all the options an aesthetics hoe can resort to, for a friend imstupid.png

ask that friend when awards team will hire new people,asking for a friend who would be a flop at the job but wai not imstupid.png

ask that friend when awards team will hire new people,asking for a friend who would be a flop at the job but wai not imstupid.png

Nah sis, I don't think we're hiring anytime soon, nobody's quitting the team, we were just busy with that exam life.

But is this an actual paid job tho?

No

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

I see you totally ignoring my question, it hurts my kokoro rlytearpls.png

Nuuu sorry I truly didn't see it, maybe the Somi gif is a little too distracting haha

As for the signature extension, that is meant for us to promote our contents and projects

Larger dimensions (?) with extra lines and URLs, me think. To be honest I'm not sure what's the differences because it has been like this for a long time unsure.png

I see you totally ignoring my question, it hurts my kokoro :rlytearpls:

Halmoni wanting to apply too? ;)

Nuuu sorry I truly didn't see it, maybe the Somi gif is a little too distracting haha

I'm mostly teasing though, even though I'd enjoy writing (and godsejong knows I can write novels if I want to, or even if i don't, can't quite help it), I'm not sure I have the time D:

Wishing for a smooth recruitment <3

QEUzdUy.gif

Edited by Delphine

I'm mostly teasing though, even though I'd enjoy writing (and godsejong knows I can write novels if I want to, or even if i don't, can't quite help it), I'm not sure I have the time D:

Wishing for a smooth recruitment <3

QEUzdUy.gif

Worry not, soon we're going to announce something that'll allow users to send their stuffs to us for publication. You can ramble as much as you want with nothing to hold you back except for power outage, and we'll publish it as a part of a newly introduced column. Anticipate! and me anticipating your writings to be shared smile.png

• Like 6

Worry not, soon we're going to announce something that'll allow users to send their stuffs to us for publication. You can ramble as much as you want with nothing to hold you back except for power outage, and we'll publish it as a part of a newly introduced column. Anticipate! and me anticipating your writings to be shared smile.png

Aaaah that sounds like a dope idea, anticipating ahmagahplz.png

Okay, so why do you think it's okay to have people working for no pay? Is it because they're writers? And some of these people are even underage, from the looks of it. Why do you think writers' labor is worthless and they should be working for free? idgi

Okay, so why do you think it's okay to have people working for no pay? Is it because they're writers? And some of these people are even underage, from the looks of it. Why do you think writers' labor is worthless and they should be working for free? idgi

There isn't a single person in the OneHallyu staff that is actually paid for the job they do.

I work 3 hours per day switching people's awards, on top of other stuff, and I don't get paid either. Nobody is. This is a forum based on benevolent work, we're all investing our time willingly because we love this forum and wish to make it great smile.png

Edited by Delphine
  • Like 7

There isn't a single person in the OneHallyu staff that is actually paid for the job they do.

I work 3 hours per day switching people's awards, on top of other stuff, and I don't get paid either. Nobody is. This is a forum based on benevolent work, we're all investing our time willingly because we love this forum and wish to make it great smile.png

Okay well there are ads on this site so someone is making money from your labor and it's nice you're a saint and don't care, but switching awards on a fan forum is not the same as writing blog posts for the consumption of probably thousands of people with no compensation, all going toward promotion of a website of someone who is making money. There clearly is a single person on the OneHallyu staff getting paid. At least one.

Okay well there are ads on this site so someone is making money from your labor and it's nice you're a saint and don't care, but switching awards on a fan forum is not the same as writing blog posts for the consumption of probably thousands of people with no compensation, all going toward promotion of a website of someone who is making money. There clearly is a single person on the OneHallyu staff getting paid. At least one.

I quite enjoy you demeaning my work like that, but it is still at the very least 3 hours of work per day, among a lot of work behind the scenes that relates to Graphism and the overall maintenance of the awards and marketplace system, a work that sometimes can be tedious but has to be done. One would say I actually work way more on an average than someone in the Press team, no offense to the OH!Press.

And no, nobody is making bucks here. The ads are merely to pay for the server that is hosting this website, and that ain't even enough. Our administrator sadface is the one single-handedly paying for the hosting service, a hosting service that you can imagine, for a forum this size and this active, doesn't come cheap at all. If you want more information, feel free to PM him.

Edited by Delphine
  • Like 2

I quite enjoy you demeaning my work like that, but it is still at the very least 3 hours of work per day, among a lot of work behind the scenes that relate to Graphism and the overall maintenance of the awards and marketplace system, a work that sometimes can be tedious but has to be done. One would say I actually work way more on an average than someone in the Press team, no offense to the OH!Press.

And no, nobody is making bucks here. The ads are merely to pay for the server that is hosting this website, and that ain't even enough. Our administrator sadface is the one single-handedly paying for the hosting service, a hosting service that you can imagine, for a forum this size and this active, doesn't come cheap at all.

Lol you're demeaning writers but okay, you're doing the Lord's work and researching, writing and editing an article is super easy. Does "sadface" show you how much they're making off the ads of this very large and active forum, or do you just take their word for it? Do you even know who they are in real life? It's only a matter of time before there are ads on that blog and "sadface" is raking in the dough from unpaid child labor. I guess we can resume this conversation then.

Lol you're demeaning writers but okay, you're doing the Lord's work and researching, writing and editing an article is super easy. Does "sadface" show you how much they're making off the ads of this very large and active forum, or do you just take their word for it? Do you even know who they are in real life? It's only a matter of time before there are ads on that blog and "sadface" is raking in the dough from unpaid child labor. I guess we can resume this conversation then.

I am not, I know what the job entails, I have done it many times in the past, although not for this website. And yes, as someone who has experienced both areas, the workload is different. Also, I am not a child, and 95% of all the staff members on OneHallyu aren't either.

Again, feel free to PM sadface if you have any further questions, thank you.

Have a nice day!

Edited by Delphine

the users who join staff team in this site DO know that it's free and benevolent and they know they're going to put work into it, and yet they stil apply, because THEY want to join the team regardless of money, THEY were ambitious to be part of it, and they chose to join a team about making articles and writing stuff, so it's their choice as well, no one is forcing them.

Also this is a music forum, it's all about amateurs and people being passionate about whatever they excel hobby-wise at, it's like you're saying that people writing fanfics on sites like AsianFanfics should be paid by the site for writing and putting their effort, and no, not everyone is needing money to do and cherish what they love to do. The OH!press themselves agree to writing articles with no pay and they joined knowing that and they feel nothing like what you're saying, they actually like their team, and are very versed-in to deliver what they think and ideologize to the forum's users.

Edited by Hyuksang
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Not everything is about money. We join because we love to write.

the users who join staff team in this site DO know that it's free and benevolent and they know they're going to put work into it, and yet they stil apply, because THEY want to join the team regardless of money, THEY were ambitious to be part of it, and they chose to join a team about making articles and writing stuff, so it's their choice as well, no one is forcing them.

Also this is a music forum, it's all about amateurs and people being passionate about whatever they excel hobby-wise at, it's like you're saying that people writing fanfics on sites like AsianFanfics should be paid by the site for writing and putting their effort, and no, not everyone is needing money to do and cherish what they love to do. The OH!press themselves agree to writing articles with no pay and they joined knowing that and they feel nothing like what you're saying, they actually like their team, and are very versed-in to deliver what they think and ideologize to the forum's users.

You just compared publishable articles to fanfiction. Why are you degrading your own co-staff to make a point? I perused the site and saw some pretty long and competent articles on there, but okay. The shit on that blog is no different from the allkpop articles that people actually get paid to write, so what are you talking about? Furthermore, AsianFanFics doesn't fucking recruit people and ask for writing samples, ask if they are going to write at least one fanfic a week and call them "staff." That sounds like a writing job to me. It was confusing enough that I felt the need to ask if this was an actual job. Also I didn't project on how anyone feeeeeels but okay.