Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Rinne

Announcement Oh! Press Summer Recruitment 2k17 - ENDED

ohp-sr17header.png

superheroh.png

ohp-sr17preface.png

Hello! I am happy to announce that our press team is looking for new recruits to help maintain and expand OH! Blog. We are looking for members of our ever growing community who are eager to provide creative and original content related to Asian entertainment topics. If you are interested of becoming a writer/blogger or creator/vlogger or bits of both, Oh! Press is looking for you!

Also this time around, I am very excited to announce that we are now accepting graphic designers and translators, dedicated to our blog and its projects. So if you are good with Photoshopâ„¢ and can do necessary translations without an aid from Google Translateâ„¢, send in your application!

ohp-sr17about.png

​The Oh! Press team members work diligently to share exclusive and original content about Asian entertainment through interviews, event recaps, and general information concerning the entertainment industry. By utilizing the OH! Blog, the press team ensures that users are constantly presented with new and interesting content. Their duties include:

• Keeping the OH! Blog updated with original and exclusive content,

• Writing reviews,

• Writing editorials on various Asian entertainment artists,

• Contacting Asian entertainment agencies and artists for exclusive interviews,

• Participating in projects and maintaining it regularly,

• Press coverage for events​.

​

ohp-sr17requirements.png

• Applicants (writers/creators) must have writing/video samples or be able to produce some in a timely fashion,

• Must be able to meet deadlines (to all),

• All staff members are expected to keep up with any group files and/or spreadsheets. Please keep yourself updated,

• Writers/creators are expected to cover a wide range of topics. You need to step out of your comfort zone every once in awhile! Don’t be afraid,

• Graphic designers must be at least adequate in using Photoshopâ„¢,

• Translators must be able to translate both ways (example: Korean to English, English to Korean, etc) and if not, we will consider it under certain circumstances. We accept translators for Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.

​

ohp-sr17formwriters.png

OneHallyu username:

How many hours a day/week are you on OneHallyu?:

Do you have previous writing/video creation experience? If so, please elaborate:

Do you have previous blogging/vlogging experience? If so, on what platform?:

Are you able to post once a week?:

What topics are you the most passionate about that you may want to cover?:

Why do you want to become a part of press team?:

Please provide at least 2 writing or video samples. Please include links or include them within your application. If you write regularly for a blog or have your own YouTube channel, please include that information and specify what to read/watch.:

Please send your completed application form to Rinne in a private message with the title “Press Application - Writerâ€. Any pressing concerns can be posted here or messaged to me privately! Thank you and good luck!

ohp-sr17formdesigners.png

OneHallyu username:

How many hours a day/week are you on OneHallyu?:

Can you use Photoshop, and how good are you with it?

What kind of designs that you would love to create for us?

What kind of translation(s) can you provide? Eg: Korean to English

Can you translate both ways?

Why do you want to become a part of press team?:

Graphic designers: Please provide at least 2 design samples or a portfolio.

Translators: Please provide at least 2 translation samples or just convince me that you can really do it, no Google Translateâ„¢ allowed!

Please send your completed application form to Rinne in a private message with the title “Press Application - GFX/Translatorâ€. Any pressing concerns can be posted here or messaged to me privately! Thank you and good luck!

ohp-sr17extranotes.png

• Applicants who want to write/are interested (has extensive knowledge) about animes or Japanese entertainment or both will be given utmost priority > Chinese entertainment/Korean entertainment,

• Those with vast knowledge or expertise on Chinese entertainment and Korean entertainment are still needed so don’t get discouraged.

• Entertainment consist of performing arts such as film, broadcasting, music, fashion, and et cetera.

• For graphic designers and translators, their priority is self explanatory but if they wish to write an article, they are allowed to do so.

• Oh! Press is already the biggest staff team on OneHallyu, meaning that this might be the last intake until major changes happened. Take your chance!

ohp-sr17faq.png

Q: OneHallyu has a blog?

A: Yes, we do. Here https://blog.onehallyu.com/

Q: Do you guys translate Korean articles?

A: We don't buzz like that!

Q: I heard that you guys are bias?

A: Not true. Come over and you’ll know the real deal bts (behind the scene).

Q: I heard that you guys can get a discount or perks at concerts and showcases?

A: Yes, that’s true.

Q: I heard that you don’t like fanfictions and smuts, will that affect your evaluation and judgement?

A: Yes, and no. But don’t make me suffer.

Q: I know nothing about journalism, is that fine to you?

A: We are not journalists, and yes I’m totally fine with that.

Deadline: June 29, 2017
  • Like 17
  • Dislike 2

Does it have to be about Asian entertainment? How about Hollywood too?imstupid.png

looking forward to tasty fresh new blood

• Like 1

Q: I heard that you guys are bias?

A: Not true. Come over and you’ll know the real deal bts (behind the scene).

MMMESSSSSSS

• Like 4
  • Dislike 3

so you are adding gfx and translation users to the ohpress team?

:imstupid:

what's the use of the actual gfx team and translations team then

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Does it have to be about Asian entertainment? How about Hollywood too?imstupid.png

Sorry but Hollywood is not a part of Hallyu

imstupid.png

We are running a different entity which is the blog, added with projects such as OH! Chart and more to come. Dedicated graphic designers and translators will make the process to run multiple tasks more efficiently and in a more manageable way, under one umbrella 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

imstupid.png

because it's awkward to be always asking for them to take time out to do stuff for us when we could just have our own in-team people to do that stuff on the regular instead of butting into their schedules when they're busy with their own things, win/win for all

also just look at the graphics in this post, nuff said

Edited by Teru
  • Like 1

because it's awkward to be always asking for them to take time out to do stuff for us when we could just have our own in-team people to do that stuff on the regular instead of butting into their schedules when they're busy with their own things, win/win for all

also just look at the graphics in this post, nuff said

not this drag vgjbhk

Sorry but Hollywood is not a part of Hallyu

We are running a different entity which is the blog, added with projects such as OH! Chart and more to come. Dedicated graphic designers and translators will make the process to run multiple tasks more efficiently and in a more manageable way, under one umbrella 

this makes sense!

Is there an age minimum for applying?

also: should writing samples be like blog posts or reviews similar to what is posted to the OH!blog?

Edited by kyngri

good luck to all the applicants <3

I had a question: if we're applying for designer or translator, should we just put "n/a" for the questions that don't apply to the job we're applying for? Or are you looking for people that can handle both as one role?

Is there an age minimum for applying?

also: should writing samples be like blog posts or reviews similar to what is posted to the OH!blog?

No minimum age as long as the applicants are wise enough to make good judgement, but it might be hard if they are too young of course

good luck to all the applicants <3

I had a question: if we're applying for designer or translator, should we just put "n/a" for the questions that don't apply to the job we're applying for? Or are you looking for people that can handle both as one role?

Yeah, just cross out the one that is not related. I just bundled them together

Omo I'm applying

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

No minimum age as long as the applicants are wise enough to make good judgement, but it might be hard if they are too young of course

Yeah, just cross out the one that is not related. I just bundled them together

Okay, thanks!

Good luck to all applicants~!ahmagahplz.png

Another question, lol. Do you have a preference for where we upload our samples/portfolio for the graphic designer application? I was going to just upload them to an Imgur album but wanted to check first.

Good luck to all of the applicants! ohbi.png

Another question, lol. Do you have a preference for where we upload our samples/portfolio for the graphic designer application? I was going to just upload them to an Imgur album but wanted to check first.

Nope, Imgur is good to go. Other image hosting sites are okay too smile.png