Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo
* * - - - 10 votes

OH! Press Updates #7: From Seeking Western Validation, GOT7's Australian Fan Meeting, VIXX, Yuri on Ice to Ode to Joy.

25 replies to this topic

#1 Alisonn

Alisonn

(。◕‿◕。) ✿ ♥

• OH! Press
  • 5,566 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:43 AM (Edited by Alisonn, 28 May 2017 - 07:15 AM.)

l7ce26X__AzKPnLdoRz1hudMatmxF45JbTELs15l

Hi!~  How has everyone been? Busy cramming/studying/procrastinating?  Or just watching as time goes by.  Well regardless, OH! Press has important news to share.

We’re back, this time with another fortnightly update.  Our writers have been busy at work, so here’s the list of articles you may have missed in the last two weeks.  

W7PSiLOen2ifDSnGKQzwR8zHt86kATgPG9f2Zvow

Oh! Press Talk: Seeking Western Validation in K-Pop

The team shares our thoughts on the relatively recent K-pop phenomenon regarding acknowledgement from the West.  We particularly examine the most recent and relevant scenario at the time the article was composed. 

gjju8e09J22EYfnZFlESx1a_l1wb6YGBpBdUR1CO

GOT7 Global Fan Meeting in Australia: Top 7 Moments by krusty95

Our Australian based writer, krusty95 had the opportunity to see one of her favourite groups at their Perth fan meeting.  She highlights her favourite moments from the night that showcase many of GOT7’s greatest attributes, such as their dancing, performance and English.

OH! Chart Week #3 Results by krusty95

It’s been 5 weeks since the unravelling of the long awaited Press project of OH! Charts.  Find out who won our third week along with the placement of our other nominees.  Was it IU, Suran or Secksies?  Or someone completely unexpected?

Album Review: VIXX – Shangri-La by coconut water

Tall, dark and mysterious boy group, VIXX’s highly anticipated comeback with Shangri-La was released May 15.  Does this album have coconut water’s stamp of approval?  You won’t know till you’ve read the article~.

OH! Chart Week #4 Results by krusty95

Week 4 of OH! Chart just rolled around the corner.  In a week where your participation as voters became essential, find out our winner.  Did someone break OH!Chart history?

Single Review: LOONA – Kim Lip by Rinne

LOONA’s May girl was recently unveiled, in classic, elegant red, making her splash in the industry with a two track single.  It was hard not to be initially enchanted by Kim Lip; Rinne was no exception to this rule.  Did Kim Lip leave Rinne with a lasting first impression though?

Single Review: Kriesha Chu – Kriesha Chu 1st Single Album by Rinne

Kpop Star’s season 6 runner up, the beautiful and talented Kriesha Chu, made her long anticipated debut.  With two songs penned by both Highlight’s Yoon Junhyung and producer Kim Taeju, was this what Rinne had been missing from her music library?

Album Review: iKON – New Kids: Begin by Sansa

Did YG finally open the doors of his dungeon for one lucky group to see the light of day again?  Apparently iKON was the lucky chosen group, with two music videos for a two track single.  Was the wait worth it?  Was Sansa mesmerised?

D74D4mtDShX3vjijQKNQUDUKT1d1qj-80HbWV4tW

Yuri!!! On ICE: Episode 3 Review by Sansa

Hit anime Yuri!!! On ICE, has our writer Sansa talking about many components.  Read her fascinations and thoughts on the third episode.

D9fyBJOr0SHfAlLHNyJsHChrYVgcMniGIOPq161y

5 Most Satisfying Moments of Ode To Joy’s Season 1 by Mogwai

Ode to Joy wrapped up its successful first season last year to much buzz and acclaim.  As the second season prepares to hit screens, Mogwai shares her favourite and most satisfying moments in season 1.  Read this one and anticipate her article for season 2.

Wow it’s been a long and eventful two weeks for the team.  Hope you kept up with the articles!~

That’s it for this week, but if you want to see more, visit our previous recap threads or scroll through the blog~. 

Update 1 | Update 2 Update 3 | Update 4 | Update 5 | Update 6

Remember to vote for OH! Charts, voting starts Friday and ends Sunday night, so in a few hours!  Get to it, and here’s the link to this week’s thread.  Make sure to vote, because every vote matters!

Want to receive immediate updates on blog articles.  Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook for more updates!~

That’s it for now!~  See you later and have an amazing week!

#2 Neo

Neo

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,332 posts
  • LocationYou're whole life is a lie

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:08 AM

Not following you anywhere.

#3 Jeon Jungkook

Jeon Jungkook

JIMIN-SSI

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:30 AM

wow

people must really not like that yuri on ice review

#4 Xinsa

Xinsa

VNamSeok™

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts
  • LocationNever mind, never mind 그 어떤 가시밭 길이라도 뛰어가 Never mind, never mind 세상엔 니가 어쩔 수 없는 일도 많아 You better Never mind, never mind 부딪힐 것 같으면 더 세게 밟아 임마 Never mind, never mind 포기하기에는 우린 아직 젊고 어려 임마 Never mind

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:32 AM (Edited by Xinsa, 28 May 2017 - 07:46 AM.)

Change the title from kpop to bts because its a lil misleading dont you think?

#5 DOOLY

DOOLY

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,814 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:39 AM

Mess at the negs.

#6 Crina

Crina

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:57 AM (Edited by Crina, 28 May 2017 - 07:59 AM.)

I love how you tried to find a loophole through your summary as to why you were only talking about BTS in that article. Saying "recent KPop phenomen" but then trying to defend yourself only using BTS because it's the most current example (even though there'd been at least 2 others at that time). So, the phenomen is recent, but it is still old enough for you to only look at one group "trying" for western validation? And then you use a group that is actually not trying to enter the western market instead of the ones currently trying and doing so, completely missing the relevance. Could say more, but I think at this point everyone knows the issues, it's just a matter of being honest to yourself or not~

It was definitely a funny and interesting read though, I've to say that laugh.png 

#7 nixsi

nixsi

What's good Korea? KYUH

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts
  • Location✨Beyond The Scene✨

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:05 AM

ah yes. Western Validation™. The deciding factor of if a group deserves to be shit on or not. Every day I wake up screaming and crying, waiting for the day that my Oppars have Western Validation™. My ability to enjoy BTS is also impeded daily by the fact that BTS has no Western Validation™. I struggle to feel proud of my faves, for if they don't have Western Validation™, how can I ever feel happy for them? How can I ever celebrate their achievements? If one of their MVs hits 1m views, I will always be saddled with the thought that "I'm happy my oppars are doing well, but they don't have any Western Validation™. Can I truly celebrate this?" One time, I looked at the Billboard charts for my oppars newest song, and the song was the highest charting Kpop album on the Album 200, but I had to stop myself from thinking "Could it be..? Could my oppars have a small amount of....Western Validation™? Might the West™be in the beginning stages of coming around to them?" But I had to stop myself. I realized, if you aren't on the US top 40, there's no way you could possibly have any Western Validation™at all. I'm always dreaming of the day that my oppars have some Western Validation™. :(

#8 Pied Piper

Pied Piper

Daegu Line Enthusiast

• PipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:23 AM

The most interesting part of that WeStErN VaLiDaTioN™ article is the comment section, js :smile:

#9 Zhan Rui Sanda

Zhan Rui Sanda

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:28 AM (Edited by Aoki Ranmaru, 28 May 2017 - 08:28 AM.)

Since first article about "Western Validation" mainly discussed BTS, so OH!Press should release "part 2" about EXO-Ls attempt to help EXO get nominated for VMAs.

Btw, i support Exo-ls' attempts. It's how you promote not only Exo but the whole K-pop. And I hope we both will have our faves performing on VMAs stage and receiving VMAs awards.

Nothing is impossible, if you spend enough effort.

#10 calduson

calduson

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:29 AM

"We particularly examine the most recent and relevant scenario at the time the article was composed."

Someone didn't do their homework.

#11 JungkookThunderThighs

JungkookThunderThighs

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,267 posts
  • LocationJungkook's Lap

Posted 28 May 2017 - 09:17 AM

OH writers been taking lessons from that AJ guy... i guess we all know what your future will be like..

#12 DeeDeeDD

DeeDeeDD

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Location(」゜ロ゜)」 Kalian syuci aku penuh dosyaahhh (」゜ロ゜)」

Posted 28 May 2017 - 09:23 AM

I also want to seek OH validation

#13 ℓucieℓℓe

ℓucieℓℓe

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 09:25 AM

I also want to seek OH validation

Armys don't need that, we have the most relevancy here. Just look at all those people who are always in our threads and even lurk the MT

#14 Seeker Of Slaanesh

Seeker Of Slaanesh

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • LocationRoaming pokemon

Posted 28 May 2017 - 09:49 AM

I'm still concerned over people here thinking it's the west(in this case, the us market) vs the east. But it's more greater than that. It's more like the rest of the world vs the east. You all know what I'm talking about. Furthermore this segregation of asians does not end with the external matters. A miracle it would be for Asians to coexist among oneself without further seclusion of the other.

#15 otter.

otter.

Aliza's Wife

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • LocationParadise

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:56 PM

wtf? that got7 fanmeeting article is pretty coolohdearplz.png

#16 Suzy Quatro

Suzy Quatro

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,149 posts
  • LocationInto the Rainbow Vein

Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:02 PM

What's up with the negs? laugh.png

By the way nice review about Kim Lip's Eclipse by Rinne. ilikeitplz.png

#17 Akpheart

Akpheart

🎧

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,231 posts
  • LocationBTS MT Co-OP

Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:10 PM

Anticipating the article on how BTS is helping spread hallyu including a sincere congrats on their win from the K-Pop "community."

#18 Sapphic

Sapphic

Ymir

• PipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • Locationoscar isaac is beautiful

Posted 28 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

OH writers been taking lessons from that AJ guy... i guess we all know what your future will be like..

I don't know how many times AJ has to repeat that he likes BTS for you guys to understand.

#19 SAUCY

SAUCY

YNWA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,605 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:34 PM

Anticipating the article on how BTS is helping spread hallyu including a sincere congrats on their win from the K-Pop "community."

They'll never do it. This press is full of exols and the bias and salt is glaringly obvious. Funny how people complain about the mods being so biased lol. But I guess no one really reads this stuff enough to notice and complain.

#20 gore

gore

☪️

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts
  • Locationmoney bag

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:41 PM

Is Western Validation ™ the new Public Recognition ™

Up, Up and Away!