Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bella D'Amour

(NEWS) Choi Jin-hyuk being considered for role opposite Ha Ji-Won in "Hospital Ship"

D6glm58.jpg

It hasn’t even been a week since Tunnel ended, but Choi Jin-hyuk is already planning his return to dramaland. He’s currently considering an offer to star in MBC’s new medical drama Hospital Ship opposite Ha Ji-won (The Time I’ve Loved You), due out later this summer.

Hospital Ship is a warm human drama about a ship that sails around the little islands to give medical care to the locals who live in rural villages. It’ll focus on the growth of the young doctors aboard the ship, and tell relatable stories that reflect today’s society. Directing is PD Park Jae-bum of daily drama Begin Again and legal drama A New Leaf, and writing is Yoon Seon-joo of Secret Door and Hwang Jin-yi.

Ha Ji-won has been offered the role of a surgeon who joins the hospital ship to get away from public scrutiny after her family is ruined. Choi Jin-hyuk is up to play Kwak Hyun, a doctor of internal medicine who has “warm hands, warm eyes, and above all, a warm heart.†Aw, he seems perfect for the part. The character is further described as caring but not soft, and strong but not offending. He has exceptional empathic abilities, and seems to always read how someone is feeling before they tell him.

I keep telling myself that more Choi Jin-hyuk can’t possibly be a bad thing; it’s just that I’m so engrossed in his latest drama Tunnel that I don’t want to imagine him playing another character. I just want to think of him as a gruff ’80s detective teddy bear forever and ever. That’s probably not the way he wants his career to go though, so he should probably take the drama, especially since the character sounds so lovely and warm. Surely by August I’ll have gotten over Tunnel and be antsy for him to star in a new drama!

Hospital Ship is slated to air in MBC’s Wednesday-Thursday slot in August, following Ruler–Master of the Mask and Man Who Dies to Live.

Via IS PlusDramabeans