Photo

Is this website legit, I'm not sure after reading this article

Digital Music News BTS News Articles America Plastic Surgery Makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#1 ACbebe

ACbebe

Trainee

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:46 PM

Are BTS Members Overdosing on Plastic Surgery?
May 25, 2017
rap_monster_before_after.jpg

‘Before and after’ shots of BTS frontman Rap Monster.

Are the members of BTS addicted to plastic surgery and heavy make-up?  That’s a question being asked by American audiences as the group grows in popularity.

As BTS’ popularity continues to grow in the US, newfound audiences are raising some sticky questions.  Like, ‘what’s up with those guys’ faces?’

The reaction was a bit blunt after BTS splashed the stage at the Billboard Music Awards.  If South Korea is known for its politeness, Americans are renowned for being blunt.

“The plastic surgery industry in Korea must be lit,” one fan remarked after the Billboard Music Awards.  “Those BTS kids could barely move their faces during their speech.”

“I’m AGAINST children having plastic surgery,” remarked another.

“BTS = 7 proofs that plastic surgery doesn’t really work on some faces,” another fan quipped.

Others accused the group of ‘overdosing’ on the knife, with ‘more make-up than a [transvestite] model’.

And so what?

Back in South Korea, current-generation Kpop artists are notorious for excessive plastic surgery and heavy make-up.  In fact, the entire nation is a hub for massive cosmetic surgery.  Elective body and face alterations are now a serious revenue generator in Seoul, with entire sectors of the city dedicated to the craft.

There are even entire, ten-story buildings dedicated entirely to plastic surgery. Different floor, different body part!

All of that is translating into music and broader entertainment culture.  Of course, plastic surgery is thriving stateside as well.  But it isn’t as hard-core, and American audiences clearly aren’t accustomed to the doll-like appearances from these male pop stars.

Now, the question is whether Kpop superstars like BTS, EXO, Big Bang, and others can truly cross over into America given their ‘polished’ cosmetics.  Or, whether their smooth complexions are simply too off-putting to American cultural sensibilities.

Extreme make-up.

bts_jungkook.jpg

Others defended the group, claiming that all seven members were surgery-free.  That seems difficult to believe, though there’s no debating the extreme amount of make-up employed by this group.

In fact, Billboard ran a profile on the group’s extremely involved make-up routine.  That includes multiple toners, cleansers, antioxidant serums, masks, and other steps to achieve the radiating ‘glow’ of BTS.

These guys are putting people like RuPaul to shame, and spending hours to basically look like women.  “Amongst all the glitz, glam and fan-selfies, one thing was for sure: their skin was flawless,” the Billboard piece waxed, while highlighting a complex ‘k-beauty routine’ employed by the group.

BTS_jin_makeup.jpg

Meanwhile, members of BTS are serving as inspiration for a growing number of make-up tutorials and tips.  That is, for women, not men.  All of which is a little different than a more Western boy band like One Direction, and raises the question of whether a K-pop invasion will really take off.

Or, whether American teenagers are really waiting for a less dolled-up, American version of what BTS is delivering.  That is, an American boy band, not a South Korean one.

Nothing about the plastic surgery offended at me all, actually. Whether an idol gets plastic surgery or not, I really don't care, it doesn't change the reasons why I like them(even though I don't believe BTS got any work done.) But I just don't understand how unsourced this website is or this is just a standard hate website?

#2 goaty

goaty

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:48 PM

they didn't even show any justifiable proof lmao. it kind of just seems like clickbait

#3 LԾᎠᎥ DԾᎠᎥ

LԾᎠᎥ DԾᎠᎥ

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:48 PM (Edited by qwerty_lee, 25 May 2017 - 05:57 PM.)

Is this from that digital news music website?

Cuz if it is, take what ever they shit out with a grain of salt.

Edit: It is. Honestly, whoever runs this site has a serious hate boner for BTS and often times have no proof to back up the bs that they type. Ignore it~

#4 afrodeity

afrodeity

posh spice

• PipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:49 PM (Edited by afrodeity, 25 May 2017 - 05:49 PM.)

OVERDOSEing on plastic surgery? Um plagiarising EXO much? Lmao. Inb4 armies and their "exo didn't invent overdosing" bs

#5 redheart

redheart

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:49 PM (Edited by redheart, 25 May 2017 - 05:50 PM.)

there was drama this already

oh no wait this something else

#6 Spring By Chance

Spring By Chance

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,548 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:55 PM (Edited by Spring By Chance, 25 May 2017 - 05:55 PM.)

These guys are putting people like RuPaul to shame, and spending hours to basically look like women.

wtf did i just read wthplz.png

#7 WonderfulOnce

WonderfulOnce

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,636 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:56 PM

I feel like some of these "hater comments" are just salty fans because their crushes lost to BTS.

- On the issue of make-up, all CELEBS male or female has make up on.

- On the issue of the so-called "femininity" of BTS, it's a simple difference of cultural attraction. Western people tensds to find macho-masculinity like Channing, Thor, and such to be attractive. Where as S.K. or even Asia in boy group idols, likes the 'boy charm' or flower boys

- About the plastic surgery, go the plastic surgery thread on OH. You can find *ahem* j-hope there *ahem.* As if Western celebs doesn't get PS at all~

​In all, they are salty fans with informed understanding of other cultures. Yay, euro-centralism~

#8 hannahsammax

hannahsammax

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:56 PM

Salt is oozing from this article ..................

#9 johnnyrose

johnnyrose

A H G A S E ™

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,323 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:01 PM (Edited by johnnyrose, 25 May 2017 - 06:02 PM.)

tumblr_inline_oqibimpn8J1unvp03_540.gif
the fck is this

#10 Aliens-United

Aliens-United

⌜Giant-Killer⌟

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:04 PM

Don't give this guy any clicks. I'm not sure if he's just a troll who writes these 'articles' for clicks or a BTS anti because he's been writing all sorts of ridiculous things about BTS for a while now without providing any substantive proof and taking things out of context just to suit his narrative. Really, his articles are like the ones on AllKpop, but worse. 

#11 OppaSaranghae

OppaSaranghae

Idol

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:05 PM

Army what happened?
Bts will make asia look good but it does not look like that.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using OneHallyu mobile app

#12 Full Moon

Full Moon

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:06 PM

Its so awkward because all of them are natural or either have done work almost invisible. So yeah that site is pretty much bullshit.

#13 DNA

DNA

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:08 PM (Edited by BIKKA, 25 May 2017 - 06:11 PM.)

Delete this.

Digital Music News is pretty much a BTS anti site and they don't even try to hide it. All the things they post about BTS are false, twisted just to fit their narrative and with the intention to make people hate on BTS or damage their image.

The site it's trash like it's owner. Don't give them any clicks.

#14 Jessica's G-string

Jessica's G-string

휘인♡화사

• PipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:10 PM

OVERDOSEing on plastic surgery? Um plagiarising EXO much? Lmao. Inb4 armies and their "exo didn't invent overdosing" bs

this funny

#15 pennylene92

pennylene92

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:11 PM

Just by reading the title of that "article" I knew it was digital media "news" bitter hating ass.

#16 PossiblyMaybe

PossiblyMaybe

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,939 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:11 PM

did you ever used to go to the supermarket or wherever and see those ridiculous tabloids like:

2d0da7f4fcb293a416a5000f2d765a3b.jpg

that website is the digital equivalent

#17 PockyAddict89

PockyAddict89

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

That paul whathisface guy on that digital music news has a huge hateboner for bts, he bashes them on every article. I can't stand his ass at all.

#18 Akpheart

Akpheart

Loud & Proud OT7 ARMY

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,833 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:23 PM

Please stop giving that site attention.

#19 Vick

Vick

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts