Photo

Are international fans hypocritical when it comes to plastic surgery?

plastic surgery ps idol

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 GirlBye

GirlBye

SCONE

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:14 PM

I may be mistaken, but in my opinion it feels like i-netz are really hypocritical when it comes to ps

It seems like it's a bad thing if certain idols do it, while others get a pass

I'm not going to name the idols since users will just end up going off topic, but I've seen a lot of female idols who  are popular among Koreans get bashed constantly for any work they have done, while i-fans tend to ignore ps when it comes to the female idols that are more popular among the international crowd

It's just something I've noticed over the years...like when a popular female idol is getting praised for her visuals, some of the same people who mock her for ps will go and praise another female idol's beauty acting as if she hasn't gotten ps (when she def has)

And I see a lot of fans bashing female idols in general for ps but then they act as if male idols don't get work done

Like I'll see someone calling a female idol a plastic monster but then I'll notice that their fave (who tends to be a male idol) will have gotten work done as well

Do you agree with my sentiments? I hope we can have a nice discussion w/o people getting defensive...I'm honestly curious to hear what your views are on this matter since we've all had different experiences

And to clarify, this topic isn't about ps itself...

*Of course I'm just generalizing here, this isn't a black or white issue*

#2 s4a

s4a

Cheshire

• Tech Administrator
  • 8,435 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

Not any more or less hypocritical than Korean fans are about the subject.

As a general rule, people are more accepting of things done by people that they like and less accepting of things done by people that they dislike.

#3 unknown pleasure

unknown pleasure

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:24 PM

Well international fanbase is filled with teenage (heterosexual) girls so logically some of them won't criticize their precious oppas.
I personally support plastic surgery and things which help you to be more confident, but in moderation. Moderation is the key.
I even had laser treatment myself and it saved my skin . :) and I am planning to get more treatments+ boobs implants.

#4 OnCloud9

OnCloud9

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:25 PM

A little bit of a tangent:  As someone who has gotten jaw surgery, I think it's hilarious when people nonchalantly accuse female idols of having their jaws shaved, especially those who have been constantly busy and in front of the public's eye. It takes weeks and in my case, months, to heal. 

#5 goodygumdrops

goodygumdrops

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:28 PM

everyone is hypocritical of plastic surgery

k-fans call idols who havent had plastic surgery ugly and look down upon the ppl who have had it

most i-fans just see the translated comments on nb and act like they are for idols self image and plastic surgery is a good thing if they want it but when it comes time to talk shit in an i-fan forum u know they swarm like locusts all over the plastic surgery allegations to make sure everyone knows how morally superior they r

#6 calypzu

calypzu

Idol

• PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:30 PM

i only like natural beauty hoplz.png

#7 Night Rain

Night Rain

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:56 PM

Not any more or less hypocritical than Korean fans are about the subject.

As a general rule, people are more accepting of things done by people that they like and less accepting of things done by people that they dislike.

#8 starseeker

starseeker

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:01 PM

I agree with your statement.

Ifans don't like to admit that their "oppa" or "unnie" has had work because non fans like to use that as an insult like it is something to be ashamed of.

I stand by belief that it doesn't matter if an idol or anyone gets PS.

If you claim you stan for music or talent then why should PS bother you

PS doesn't change talent or personality so why should I care if they change themselves.

Up, Up and Away!