Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:03 PM

61 - ● スクール・ラヴ・アフェア 1,203 7,782 14/2/14 IPT
BTS(防弾少年团) 32 10 (BTS)

64 - ● シーズン2 1,165 1,165 14/5/23 IPT
Infinite 64 1

BTS are doing pretty well, that's a decent number for a Korean release. I'm going to assume Infinite will sell more this week, since it only had a few days to chart last week.

#1344 freeask?

freeask?

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,239 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:32 AM

Wow Beast #2 at Single Chart with 27k... doing so much better than my expectation (because Sad Movie isn't doing well). and Boyfriend on the other hand doing worse than my expectations (#10 on Single Chart). F.T.Island sales is just 3k lower than previous album, not that bad.

#1345 fantomas

fantomas

Kamilia

• PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:07 AM

Weekly Top 100 Singles

Spoiler

Weekly Top 100 Albums

Spoiler

Weekly Top 30 DVDs

Spoiler

Weekly Top 10 Blu-rays

Spoiler

Top 101-200 Singles

Spoiler

Top 101-300 Albums

Spoiler

#1346 fantomas

fantomas

Kamilia

• PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:18 AM

For the new week

Daily Singles

1 229,615 谁も知らない JST 14/5/28

2 27,110 ADRENALINE UM 14/5/28
BEAST

3 23,793 FiNAL DANCE/nerve AVT 14/5/28
BiS

Daily Albums

1 33,328 泡のような爱だった PC 14/5/28
aiko
2 16,885 逆输入 ~港湾局~ UM 14/5/27
椎名林檎
3 15,261 NEW PAGE WMJ 14/5/28
FTISLAND

BTS are doing pretty well, that's a decent number for a Korean release. I'm going to assume Infinite will sell more this week, since it only had a few days to chart last week.

It 's actually a pretty good number though. If you don't count EXO (obviously they 're an exception), BTS 's sales is quite on par with B1A4, a bit better than B.A.P, and much better than all other Korean rookies boy group. Infinite probably will sell somewhere around 10-15k like their previous Korean albums.

Wow Beast #2 at Single Chart with 27k... doing so much better than my expectation (because Sad Movie isn't doing well). and Boyfriend on the other hand doing worse than my expectations (#10 on Single Chart). F.T.Island sales is just 3k lower than previous album, not that bad.

Well, Beast had an event for this single, Sad Movie didn't, hence why the jump :lol:

#1347 freeask?

freeask?

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,239 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

Well, Beast had an event for this single, Sad Movie didn't, hence why the jump :lol:

oh i see. Do u know what kind event that they do?

#1348 fantomas

fantomas

Kamilia

• PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:03 AM (Edited by fantomas, 28 May 2014 - 11:03 AM.)

oh i see. Do u know what kind event that they do?

Basically a hi-touch event I guess

To get fans even more excited, a special launching event will be held at Zepp Diver City on July 7. The event will have a video screening & talkshow session in its first part and continue with a Hi-Touch event in its second part.

Credit: http://www.ttwigo.co...bum-adrenaline/

More information can be found here: http://www.universal...ews/2014/04/24/

#1349 Scribo

Scribo

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:35 PM

That's a substantial drop for Boyfriend, I wonder if they're doing less events or something for this single. Beast's number is a surprise, Sad Movie didn't do that well so I wasn't expecting this to do that well either, glad to be proven wrong even if it was due to an event :lol:

It 's actually a pretty good number though. If you don't count EXO (obviously they 're an exception), BTS 's sales is quite on par with B1A4, a bit better than B.A.P, and much better than all other Korean rookies boy group. Infinite probably will sell somewhere around 10-15k like their previous Korean albums.

I didn't realise their sales were similar to B1A4's or B.A.P's, that's pretty good considering they haven't been around that long. Looking forward to Infinite's numbers next week then :D

#1350 depleter

depleter

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:48 PM

The new rise is due to the new special edition right?

And GOT7 has done pretty good for a debut I think, and "just may" be it would rechart when new album comes out in June. 

#1351 freeask?

freeask?

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,239 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:30 PM

Thank you!

#1352 dmn

dmn

Global Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:48 PM (Edited by dmn, 28 May 2014 - 05:50 PM.)

It's always completely irrelevant to draw any conclusion about sales without first understanding if it's comparable to other releases...

and this time...

It's much more than just a hi-touch event. They're milking fans really bad to inflate numbers. This is how bad it is:

• The normal limited version with CD + DVD. Well, if you want the DVD, you need to buy this version. Because this is only version that comes with DVD.
  • The regular CD only version. This version comes with ticket to hi-touch meeting. Wanna go do that with them? Gotta buy some copies of this version too. Note: if you have more than 1 copy, you can go do hi-touch more times...
  • UM store special limited version. CD + ticket to launch event (this version is expensive, like $50 USD). Wanna watch their launch event? (it's held before hi-touch event starts) Welp, gotta buy this version too.
  • Fan club fan meeting version. Music card with the new single + ticket to fan meeting (this version is expensive, like $80 USD, and you need to be fan club member). Wanna go to the fan meeting also? Congratulations, you need to buy a copy of this version too.

#1353 nutella

nutella

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,092 posts
  • Location1004

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

Ohh is that BTS album a Korean release? I thought it was a special JPN edition that combined their last 2 Korean albums. 

#1354 Scribo

Scribo

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:52 PM

And GOT7 has done pretty good for a debut I think, and "just may" be it would rechart when new album comes out in June. 

I forgot that Oricon combines repackages, so yeah, the Skool Luv Affair special edition will be the reason for it's sudden rise.

Spoiler

Ohh is that BTS album a Korean release? I thought it was a special JPN edition that combined their last 2 Korean albums. 

Yeah, that's the album they released in February. The special Japanese album charted seperately a couple of weeks ago. I think it sold around 1.2k in it's first week and then dropped quite quickly, so it's probably around 2k now.

#1355 nutella

nutella

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,092 posts
  • Location1004

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:21 PM

I forgot that Oricon combines repackages, so yeah, the Skool Luv Affair special edition will be the reason for it's sudden rise.

Spoiler

Yeah, that's the album they released in February. The special Japanese album charted seperately a couple of weeks ago. I think it sold around 1.2k in it's first week and then dropped quite quickly, so it's probably around 2k now.

Thanks! I guess since the special JPN edition came after the original Korean release I assumed it must be the special edition. The fact that Oricon combines repackage with original release explains it now. (i didnt know they combined them) 

#1356 Scribo

Scribo

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:36 PM

Thanks! I guess since the special JPN edition came after the original Korean release I assumed it must be the special edition. The fact that Oricon combines repackage with original release explains it now. (i didnt know they combined them) 

No problem :D I think they only started to do it a couple of years ago, but I'm not completely sure about that.

#1357 fantomas

fantomas

Kamilia

• PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:45 AM (Edited by fantomas, 29 May 2014 - 07:22 AM.)

The new special edition is a Japanese edition, it charted seperately from the Korean release. But maybe when people bought the Japanese edition, they might as well pick up the Korean album too :lol:

SKOOL LUV AFFAIR: 7,782

2 COOL 4 SKOOL / O!RUL8,2? Japanese Edition: 1,627

• UM store special limited version. CD + ticket to launch event (this version is expensive, like $50 USD). Wanna watch their launch event? (it's held before hi-touch event starts) Welp, gotta buy this version too.

Hmm, I see UMJ is trying to launch the new store shop system aka another mu-mo shop. I think we should expect more and more UMJ 's artists to apply for this tactics like what AVEX 's artists have been done.

#1358 mol

mol

mol ♥ Daesung Oppar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,410 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:27 PM (Edited by mol, 01 June 2014 - 10:35 AM.)

We track the sale of "The Best of BIGBANG" (2011) on Oricon at 71,966 copies, now in April it got Gold Certified = 100,000+ sold shipment :smile:

tumblr_n6gdvqLIZh1qdspreo1_1280.jpg

#1359 camia

camia

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationAnywhere but here

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:47 PM

May I know which of the kpop group with a japanese debut post Hallyu (2010-2012) are doing good? And am I correct in assuming that the top 5 right now are the following in no particular order:

1. Toho

2. BB

3. SJJD

4. Kara

5. 2pm

#1360 fantomas

fantomas

Kamilia

• PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:15 AM

We track the sale of "The Best of BIGBANG" (2011) on Oricon at 71,966 copies, now in April it got Gold Certified = 100,000+ sold :smile:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/1f940377b6891...

I think that certification if from RIAJ, which means shipment, not sales though :)

May I know which of the kpop group with a japanese debut post Hallyu (2010-2012) are doing good? And am I correct in assuming that the top 5 right now are the following in no particular order:

1. Toho

2. BB

3. SJJD

4. Kara

5. 2pm

More or less like that. Also SHINee, FT Island, CNBlue 's pretty much around the same as 2PM, not so much of difference.

I don't know where to rank Super Junior because, well, SM and AVEX seems didn't bother much with expand more SJ in Japan lol

Up, Up and Away!