Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
The Jany

NHK Best 100 animes

1493820540-d7836c93a3c227f58bdfadc3c447f

To commemorate one hundred years of Japanese anime history, NHK has announced a list of 100 Best Anime on Wednesday at NHK BS Premium. The list is based on the audience's votes regarding their best anime that aired until September 2016; which was held between January 8 to March 31, 2017. The 3-hour program featured seiyuu interviews, promotional videos, polls, anime clips, commentaries, and talks about the industry in-between rankings. A variety of anime were also honorably mentioned but are not ranked such as Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni and Yuri!!! On ICE.

The list for ranks 101 to 400 has also been announced on the official website prior to the announcement.

Tiger & Bunny
Tiger & Bunny Movie: The Rising
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
Love Live! School Idol Project
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Tiger & Bunny Movie: The Beginning
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch
Cardcaptor Sakura
Love Live! The School Idol Movie
10 Osomatsu-san

11 - 20

21 - 30:

31 - 40:

41 - 50:

51 - 60:

61 - 70:

71 - 80:

81 - 90:

91 - 100:

source: MAL

-----------

so, how did your fav shows do?

Tbh I expected more ghiblis. The fact that only 2 of it ranked (54 & 59) means the audience voting for this wasnt the general public but the otaku community

That top 10 is meh. But some of my fav shows made it so I'm satisfied. Beside, I never expected 78, 80, 91 and 100 to rank at all, I thought nobody gave a damn about those masterpieces in Japan so I'm so happy rlytearpls.png

What is that top 5 0u0plz.png

The only ones I've actually watched here are Pokémon and Digimon but I'm surprised at the choices for this list. I thought Inuyasha was popular but it's down at place 93? And Akira is 97th.

Edited by abra

Justice for Welcome to the NHK

and wth is SAO doing at 20? It needs to be past 100 sorry What even is this list? 

Edited by HVC's-Octoputhy
  • Like 2

Cardcaptor Sakura at #8, hell yeah! rlytearpls.png ahmagahplz.png Though I wonder why the 2nd season of Cardcaptor Sakura was ranked so low at #76, it's the same anime! I think FMA and FMA:B should be higher than their current ranks, though. 

Anyone who says CCS doesn't deserve to be in the top 10 can fight me. 

Edited by Spring By Chance

wrong on so many levels

There's so much wrong with this list....

agree. wrong on so many levels :(

• Like 1

*84 Hunter x Hunter 

mHM3DMk.gif

What kind of joke thatsgreatplz.png

• Like 7

50-100 is what I expected to be on top 

tenor.gif

• Like 1

On the top 10 list, I've only watched Code Geass and i truly think that Code Geass deserve to be on Top10 because the anime is just ahmagahplz.png

Just my personal opinion. smile.png

Edited by Deaneira

jordan-laughing-hysterically-gif-5145.gi

well Cardcaptor Sakura (2nd season) is at #76 and the first season of it is at #8...so one of the anime in "50-100" technically is in the top 10. 

Fair

SAO higher than Steins;Gate? Yup, wtf indeed.

It's nice to see Madoka Magica and CCS in top 10 though. <3 And Hyouka at 25! I love Hyouka but I always felt it wasn't very well known so that's nice. :3

I stopped looking after 50. This list is too much. :/

1493820540-d7836c93a3c227f58bdfadc3c447f

To commemorate one hundred years of Japanese anime history, NHK has announced a list of 100 Best Anime on Wednesday at NHK BS Premium. The list is based on the audience's votes regarding their best anime that aired until September 2016; which was held between January 8 to March 31, 2017. The 3-hour program featured seiyuu interviews, promotional videos, polls, anime clips, commentaries, and talks about the industry in-between rankings. A variety of anime were also honorably mentioned but are not ranked such as Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni and Yuri!!! On ICE.

No wonder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by soulxshinigami