Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Jany

Sakamichi no apollon receives live action

tumblr_op5axvOBab1vs0p3so1_1280.jpg

The cover of Shogakukan's Flowers June issue has announced that Yuki Kodama's Sakamichi no Apollon (Kids on the slope) will receive a theatrical live-action adaptation. It is stated to premiere in 2018.

Cast
Kaoru Nishimi: Yuri Chinen
Sentarou Kawabuchi: Taishi Nakagawa
Ritsuko Mukae: Nana Komatsu

Staff
Director: Takahiro Miki
Script: Izumi Takahashi

Sakamichi no Apollon began serialization in September 2009 and ended in January 2012, with nine volumes compiled. The manga was awarded in the general category for the 57th Shougakukan Manga Awards and also received a recommendation by the judging committee for the 16th Japan Media Arts Award in 2012. A TV anime series by MAPPA and Tezuka Productions was broadcast via Fuji TV's noitaminA programming block for 12 episodes in Spring 2012

---------

As much as the romance threw me off hard, kids on the slope is still a gem. The cast could have been better (this is a personal opinion) but I'm still looking forward to see chinen yuri & taishi playing them

Sakamichi-no-Apollon-Episode-5-gif5.gif

Anyway I'm here for the friendship and jazz

ahh i'll keep an eye out for it!

i was so sure i'd love the story, but a little halfway through the anime where things took a depressing turn, i couldn't really bring myself to watch it to the very end (...though i spoiled the ending for myself). but it did move me that much, and had i finished it, i would've been eager to call it a gem as well.

wow fav jazz animated film. we have the ost on repeat all the time. too bad the story was so lackluster.

ahh i'll keep an eye out for it!

i was so sure i'd love the story, but a little halfway through the anime where things took a depressing turn, i couldn't really bring myself to watch it to the very end (...though i spoiled the ending for myself). but it did move me that much, and had i finished it, i would've been eager to call it a gem as well.

IMO Nana Komatsu is too beautiful for the role. Ritsuko is supposed to be the simple girl-next-door. Her defining characteristic is not beauty but kindness. It's what attracts Kaoru to her.

Omg this is like my top 5 most fav anime ever (and i think it's so underrated) i'm cryyying. Also because my baby Yuri is Kaoru.

I never put much hope in LA adaption but I really really want them to do this one right.

I love the anime and the manga. I'm so excited but I little scared with the choice of the actors. (please not kento yamazaki)

I love the anime and the manga. I'm so excited but I little scared with the choice of the actors. (please not kento yamazaki)

he wont. He only accept lead roles and its already taken by chinen yuri. Personally, my issue with the cast is that I'm not too found of chinen

he wont. He only accept lead roles and its already taken by chinen yuri. Personally, my issue with the cast is that I'm not too found of chinen

Yeah I saw it. The male cast is a turn off ohdearplz.png  I'm ok with Nana.

I hope the music and the passion are the same with the anime. 

I like how it turn out in the anime but idk if live action can give the same feeling