• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jonjon

jonjon

Idol

• Translator
  • 334 posts
  • LocationEvakings & Tumblade

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:55 PM (Edited by King of Spades, 20 April 2017 - 08:07 PM.)

Accusing ATF of rigging the award? No way

Translator: jonjon @ Onehallyu.com

ohsnap.png

006hSLy8gy1fehrh3e4ofj30rs0fmwtr.jpg

On 8th April, at the 5th Yin Yue V Chart award ceremony, ATF received the "Most Popular Group" award. The result sparked fierce debate with many fans of a certain idol group accusing the ATF of "being shady", "rigging the vote", "tampering the data", "stealing the award", and "sleeping their way to the top". However, let's look at the facts:

1) Regarding how the award is given

The official website clearly states "During the ceremony, all of the fans watching the live broadcast may send "V energy" to the artists."

006hSLy8gy1fehst998ohj31kw09y77a.jpg

As can be seen in the picture, these "V energy" must be exchanged using star tokens and these star tokens are bought using RMB. Simply put, this award is about who spends the most money. It is not about who has the most fans or who is more famous, and certainly not about who is the loudest at the show.

As the receipts have shown, the fan support is done in full accordance to the official rules.

2) Regarding rumors that ATF was not on the ranking until the last moment

Most fans only focus on their own idols and are unlikely to monitor ATF's rise. 

006hSLy8gy1fehrycnbprj30zk0k0adb.jpg006hSLy8gy1fehrycdkfgj30zk0k0wgt.jpg006hSLy8gy1fehrymr4lkj31kw0w04qu.jpg

From the screenshots, we can see ATF's climb in the ranking. At 18:00, ATF was at 8th place. By 20:30 they were at 3rd place, and by 21:00 they were 2nd. The host even mentioned the ranking, saying "the difference between 1st and 2nd is very small"

3) Regarding rumors that there were individuals spending millions to "buy the prize".

ATF received 2022760 "V energy" which translates to around 200 thousand yuan. This contradicts the rumours that millions were spent.

Recapping the results, the group that placed 2nd in the final ranking had 1764250 "V energy". This is approximately 170 thousand yuan. If the fans had really pooled together 1.8 million yuan, what happened to the 1.63 million yuan? If the rumors are true that this 1.8 million yuan exists, wouldn't the group's "V energy" exceed tens of millions? 

4) Regarding "ATF ruining their 5th Anniversary"

We sincerely congratulate the group for celebrating their 5th anniversary on the day of the award ceremony. However, this is unrelated to ATF, nor to anyone else. Since this is a competition, it is unnecessary to give way simply becuase of the 5th anniversary.

The "Most Popular Group" award is simply a popularity contest. It does not belong to anyone. If we follow the logic "the award that belonged to them was stolen", then the term "belonged to them" more likely indicates that this award is rigged. There is no award in the world that belongs to anbody, there is also no reason you can only win but not lose. If you want to play this game, please understand the rules of the game.

Lastly, these are the comments ATF members and their fans have been receiving in their weibo:

006hSLy8gy1fehs99rzjpj30k00zkdh7.jpg

I do not wish to talk about these comments but I believe that they do not represent most of the fans. All fans are the same, we want to support our idols, not give them a bad reputation.

In conclusion, I would like to say something to all the fans of ATF:
1) Did the rules allow ATF to receive the prize? Yes
2) Did ATF cheat? No
3) Do the fans of the artists that lost deserve to be angry? Yes
4) Can ATF be blamed that the artists lost? No
5) Is it ok to swear on ATF's weibo? No. But we respect everyone's right to free speech. You have the right to swear but it reflects your character
6) What should we do if we love and support ATF? The choice lies in you. First, respect others. Second, do not look down on yourself. Even though we may not have as many fans as others, we are not powerless
7) Even though we do not want trouble, we will not hesitate to fight back.

Thank you everyone

#2 Heartbeat

Heartbeat

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:04 PM

e6df24ab94fb8a282eea97f4d5986890.jpg?w=1

#3 KUMA-MON

KUMA-MON

✧・゚:*・゚✧*:・゚✧

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,791 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:04 PM (Edited by KUMA-MON, 20 April 2017 - 07:06 PM.)

I hope they thank exo for the traffic in the weibo, considering that's is smth new to them

#4 Joon

Joon

BOOYAH!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,076 posts
  • Location^^

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:16 PM

Interesting....

#5 ELEOS

ELEOS

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Locationpity, mercy, clemency, and compassion

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:16 PM (Edited by INVIDIA, 20 April 2017 - 07:19 PM.)

Yes, the girls did not deserve any hate. Its unfortunate what happened. But EXO-ls are still not going to put up with your awards next year, so good luck Vchart. Enjoy ATF and whatever other groups you plan to invite to suck money out of for that ridiculous voting scheme. smile.png

#6 ~Aeris~

~Aeris~

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:37 PM (Edited by ~Aeris~, 20 April 2017 - 07:39 PM.)

Its unfortunate that the girls received hate because of this. But on the brighter side they were now being recognized and people know them now. i also thought that were over this now - even cexols dont want to comment anymore on this issue..

Also op - if were talking about the rules of yyt popularity award. Exo was being nominated here since 2013. Cexols know vey well how this award show works.. thats why they were angry and i wont explain again the side of cexols since this has been explained a thousand times..

but anyways goodluck to the girls and their career. Hope they would do well in the future. For the fans of atf, keep supporting the girls and fighting!!!

#7 Ðdeona Öneul βame

Ðdeona Öneul βame

~My Swag's On Fire~

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,892 posts
  • Location~GOING DOWN DOWN BABY~

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:49 PM (Edited by ☽ Ddeona Oneul Bame ☾, 20 April 2017 - 07:49 PM.)

The girls didn't deserve the mean comments but YYT can screw off and choke, TYVM~

#8 La vis ta

La vis ta

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • LocationEXOPLANET

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:50 PM

BETER DELETE THAT RIGGED AWARD SHOW

#9 Hazal Exol

Hazal Exol

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • LocationLay Darling,You're hiding in the closet once again.Start smiling.I know You're trying real hard not to turn your head away.Pretty Darling,Face tomorrow,Tomorrow is not yesterday.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:02 AM (Edited by Hazal Exol, 21 April 2017 - 05:07 AM.)

Yeah,the girls didn't deserve the hate they got.But still,I hate award Shows in which fans have to PAY to vote.This is bullshit.Chinese exols banned that award show and there's no need for exo to visit that award show in the future.Because besides this "rigged-award-show" incident,it doesn't changes the fact that the boys were treated like shit in the award show.
I need an answer to why the boys weren't able to perform 4 songs on their 5thYEAR ANNIVERSARY,but that award show didn't give an answer to that question.

But whatever.Forget it,what's done is done.

Yes, the girls did not deserve any hate. Its unfortunate what happened. But EXO-ls are still not going to put up with your awards next year, so good luck Vchart. Enjoy ATF and whatever other groups you plan to invite to suck money out of for that ridiculous voting scheme. :)

#10 vilandrà

vilandrà

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationCRYING COLORED TEARS BECAUSE CHANYEOL IS PERFECT AND I CAN'T BREATHE

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:24 AM

anticipating the stupid comments to follow

#11 Haruhi0

Haruhi0

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:35 AM

seriously? ok obviously the girls dont deserve any hate but come on . That group is not that popular to have that many fans spending money on them let's be real.

#12 MusicL

MusicL

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,908 posts
  • Locationcalifornia

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:37 AM (Edited by MusicL, 21 April 2017 - 07:37 AM.)

Ppl have to understand they won't give all the awards to one group because it will be boring and they can't attract other nonfan viewers. Don't expect your group to win all the awards they are nominated even if they have the most votes in every category.

#13 Ari✿

Ari✿

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationLuhan's imaginary antlers

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:31 PM

v chart was a M E S S 

I wasted 5 hrs on that show for my boys to get neglected in the end. M E S S.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OH!Snap, Weibo, ATG, yin yue v chart, exo

Up, Up and Away!