22 replies to this topic

#21 lavender mint

lavender mint

Cardcaptor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,076 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:27 PM

lol. I remember when I watched a few J-dramas and many of them had some of the same actors or actresses. I just think a person who is liked a lot gets hired a lot. Kinda like at some points you can see certain Korean actresses or actors everywhere

I swear they cast the same group of people for the moms, grandmas, and chaebol father/grandfathers because I see them in every drama. And there's this one actor whose face I keep seeing in nearly every drama I've seen: Orange Marmalade, Cheese in the Trap, Mirror of the Witch (appeared in the 2nd to last episode), Surplus Princess, etc. He usually plays the side characters, usually the dad, but his face is everywhere lol.

#22 RyoDori

RyoDori

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:20 PM

that's one of the many reasons why i tend to watch musicals/plays instead when it comes to anything related to acting in japan. with musicals/stage plays, you're exposed to more rookie actors/actresses. that's how i found majority of my japanese actor biases. 

i first found yoshizawa ryo in a stage play produced by amuse(?) back in 2010 and that's how it lead me to more amuse actors like...

-matsuoka koudai (he also plays as naruto for the naruto musical stage play that is still going on)

-sakurada dori (he doesn't count because i found him in tenimyu when he acted as ryoma)

-yoshimura takuya

-mizuta kouki (found him in tenimyu as well)

-totani kimito (found him in kamen rider instead)

and many more...

i tend to watch kamen rider and super sentai for rookie actors instead of jdramas. from there if i find someone who caught my attention then i watch their following jdramas. 

#23 PockyAddict89

PockyAddict89

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, Alabama

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:03 AM

that's one of the many reasons why i tend to watch musicals/plays instead when it comes to anything related to acting in japan. with musicals/stage plays, you're exposed to more rookie actors/actresses. that's how i found majority of my japanese actor biases. 

i first found yoshizawa ryo in a stage play produced by amuse(?) back in 2010 and that's how it lead me to more amuse actors like...

-matsuoka koudai (he also plays as naruto for the naruto musical stage play that is still going on)

-sakurada dori (he doesn't count because i found him in tenimyu when he acted as ryoma)

-yoshimura takuya

-mizuta kouki (found him in tenimyu as well)

-totani kimito (found him in kamen rider instead)

and many more...

i tend to watch kamen rider and super sentai for rookie actors instead of jdramas. from there if i find someone who caught my attention then i watch their following jdramas. 

I also do the same thing too, and if i like a actor enough i go on thier j-wiki page to find a drama. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jdrama, Johnnys, Yamapi, Satomi Ishihara, Kiko Mizuhara

Up, Up and Away!