Photo
* * * * * 1 votes
Recap

OH!Press Updates #4: The Idol vs. Artist Debate, Honoring EXO and Block B’s Anniversaries, Winner’s Sound with their First Comeback as Four

OH!Press EXO Block B Winner idol artist Dreamcatcher Digimon THAAD

15 replies to this topic

#1 Wasta

Wasta

Turtlenecks Anonymous

• Oh! Press
  • 2,929 posts
  • LocationCould you pay me in advance, snance?

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:46 AM (Edited by Wasta, 16 April 2017 - 03:04 AM.)

HIr35Sp.png

OH!Press is back with another fortnightly recap, this time stronger than ever with the official addition of seven talented new writers to our ranks. There’s a few more red banners you might be noticing around the forums, and that means a lot more articles to share from the OH!Blog. So without further ado, let’s get into what OH!Press has been up to for the past two weeks.

Gt6yGJX.png

Oh! Press Talk: Are idols artists too? [Part 1]

Oh! Press Talk: Are idols artists too? [Part 2]

OH!Press tackles the controversial distinction between artist and idol in the latest OH!Press Talk. There’s plenty of dissenting opinions to go around amongst our writers. So many, in fact, that we had to split this article into two parts. Check out both to see where we draw the line or share your own standard for artists in heavily manufactured industries like Kpop.

cHZKqUK.png

How to Survive an EXO Concert, an #EXOrDIUMinSG Experience by Mogwai

Need a detailed guide on the full experience of an EXO concert - from ticketing to proper hydration? Mogwai is here to help after witnessing EXO’rDIUM first hand in Singapore. Bonus: listen to her recount the concert highlights with only minor digressions about Chen’s beauty along the way.

Oh!Press Feature: Throwback Thursday – The King and the Clown by Wasta

In this Throwback Thursday Wasta reminisces about the classic Korean film The King and the Clown in honor of Lee Junki’s recent dating news. Well, not really, but she does reflect on all the best things of this beautiful low budget movie and the legacy it left behind.

Album Review: Oh My Girl – Coloring Book by Rinne

OH!Press’s boss woman Rinne is here with a review of Oh My Girl’s latest album Coloring Book. Read on to find out what she thinks of this bright and fittingly colorful comeback. Oh My Girl, queens of serving Disney channel original OSTs indeed.

Album Review: Winner – Fate Number For by coconut water

On 04/04 Winner recently made their first comeback as a four membered group with their single album Fate Number For. There’s a lot of heavy-handed symbolism going on there, but how is the quality of the music? OH!Press debutee coconut water is here with a review to answer this.

Single Album Review: Dreamcatcher – Fall Asleep In The Mirror by alouette

The much buzzed about rookie girl group Dreamcatcher officially made their first comeback after their early 2017 debut. Did these talented ladies manage to “catch” one of our newest additions to the Press team, alouette? Read the full review to find out!

#5YearsWithEXO: The Best of the Best by Sansa

In honor of EXO’s recent five year anniversary, Sansa looks back on some of their best title tracks, stages, and collaborations with some input from a few OH EXO-ls. Will Lucky One finally get the respect it deserves?

Album Review: Monsta X – Beautiful by LeeTaeyongsWife

Monsta X recently made a comeback with their album Beautiful… but does it live up to its name? LeeTaeyeongsWife shares her thoughts on each of the album’s ten tracks.

The End of K-pop As We Know It Or Fear-Mongering At Its Best? A K-pop Fan’s Guide To THAAD by alouette

There’s a lot of discussion and misconceptions going around about THAAD and what it means for Kpop as whole. Fear not, alouette is here to give a breakdown about what THAAD really is and how it is currently affecting Kpop, as well as where it may go in the future.

Song Review: Zico – She's a Baby by coconut water

Block B member and digimon Zico recently made a solo comeback with the somewhat quirkily titled song “She’s a Baby.” Click that link above to see what coconut water thinks about this musical direction for him.

Gaon’s Q1 Report (Digital & Physical Rankings) by Sansa

With the first three months of 2017 officially behind us, Sansa gives a breakdown for the top digital and physical sellers of the first quarter with Gaon’s released data. Need receipts for your faves’ everlasting impact? Come here.

#6YearsOnTheBlock: The Trials, Tribulations, and Successes of Block B by coconut water

Block B also celebrated their anniversary over the last two weeks, this being their sixth year as an active group. Coconut water takes some time to look over the hardships and accomplishments of they have faced over the years, and their best hits.

kzmyqjN.png

First Impressions: From A New Anime Fan by Sansa

Sansa shares her experience of dipping her toes in the vast pool that is anime with a look at her first three animes ever: RWBY, Death Note, and Bleach. Find out what she thinks of these classics and whether she’s convinced enough to dive further into anime as a whole.

Album Review – Charisma.com – not not me by Rabbit

Japanese musical duo Charisma.com are back with a new album and a lengthy tracklist to boot. How does the quality of these songs stack up, especially in the light of past great releases? Check out Rabbit’s first article on the OH!Blog to find out more.

Film Review: Digimon Adventure Tri-Sōshitsu by BasedChungha

BasedChungha gives a recap, and shares some thoughts, on the recent Digimon movie released in celebration of the franchise’s 15th anniversary. Read on to find out if the film delivers nostalgia and a good story at the same time.

hnsIIWB.png

Movie Review: Duckweed (Ride the Wind, Break the Waves) by Alisonn

Alisonn is here to talk about a recently released Chinese film Duckweed, starring Deng Chao, Zhao Liying, and Eddie Peng. Does this time-travelling movie bring anything new to the table? Read on for her final verdict.

Movie Review: Suddenly Seventeen by Sapphic

In a similar vein, the movie Suddenly Seventeen also uses some time manipulations, but for the purposes of a romantic comedy that discusses self-love as much as real love. Sapphic gives a review of this film with Ni Ni and Wallace Huo in the leads.

Previous Fortnightly Recaps:

Update 1 | Update 2 | Update 3

Make sure to check out our articles and leave comments too! We love to hear from all of you. Follow us on twitter @OneHallyu to stay updated on our newest releases.  

That’s it for now~  Until next time, read and comment away!

95362362f37c551cc3ac0b1f30354a43.gif

(if you know whose hands these are, +1)

#2 Mogwai

Mogwai

Saved By Sunmisus

• Oh! Press
  • 11,150 posts
  • Locationhoneymoon with Jongdae

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:51 AM

Yea boi

#3 Haru

Haru

Nation's First Love

• Events Team
  • 29,587 posts
  • Location뵹아리🐥

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:55 AM

Slei Aly

#4 봄날

봄날

YNWA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,009 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:59 AM

not sure how i even read the thing but i enjoyed the idol bs artist segment. esp mogwai's comment

#5 fayee

fayee

winnercomeback

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,108 posts
  • LocationWinner City

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:17 AM

awesome!! 

#6 BasedChungha

BasedChungha

Chungha's prince.

• Oh! Press
  • 16,312 posts
  • LocationTAKE MY BANK ACCOUNT IM NAYOUNG

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:32 AM

Aye!

#7 lipslocked✿

lipslocked✿

Everlasting Hyuk

• Oh! Press
  • 6,333 posts
  • Locationlookie lookie

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:38 AM

ye boi 

#8 sadface

sadface

let's not fall in love

• 1,942 posts
  • Locationfacepalming myself reading your post

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:01 AM

so many things to read wow ohpress so awesome :superheroh:

#9 hyemolly

hyemolly

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Locationin the woods

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:09 AM

Great writing guys, enjoyed the articles.

#10 ☽ Ddeona Oneul Bame ☾

☽ Ddeona Oneul Bame ☾

~Wearin All Black Marshadow And I’m Holding That~

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,742 posts
  • Location~Tearing Up The Earth Trying To Find The Founder Of My Religion~

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:15 AM

Mogwai's and Sansa's are a SLAY~

#11 Rinne

Rinne

갓세정

• Definitely not a pervert
  • 9,419 posts
  • Location꽃길

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:26 AM

No shout out for me? Be right back sulking 

#12 wnr00

wnr00

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts
  • LocationWINNERCITY

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:41 AM

Nice

#13 Sansa

Sansa

♡ Lady of the Vale ♡

• Oh! Press
  • 3,677 posts
  • Location♔ Watching Stannis eat some peaches ♔

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:24 PM

Slay a bit, Aly <333

#14 youngwonstarz

youngwonstarz

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Locationyasmin's heart <333

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

No shout out for me? Be right back sulking 

*screams for you* 

#15 Rinne

Rinne

갓세정

• Definitely not a pervert
  • 9,419 posts
  • Location꽃길

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:03 AM

*screams for you* 

t0nReB4.gif

#16 youngwonstarz

youngwonstarz

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Locationyasmin's heart <333

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:08 AM

dont cry..i'll always be supporting you and rabbit  warstarplz.png

Produce-101-Kim-SeJeong-Kim-NaYoung-Kang

Spoiler

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Recap, OH!Press, EXO, Block B, Winner, idol, artist, Dreamcatcher, Digimon, THAAD

Up, Up and Away!