Photo

What are the chances of getting pregnant even though you use a condom

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 WinkBae

WinkBae

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:46 PM

This is probably going to sound stupid but I can't bring myself to have sex simply because you can't guarantee you won't get pregnant even if a condom is used. I have no intention of getting pregnant, the thought of getting pregnant just makes me sick
Am I the only one who thinks like this??? Girls who definitely don't want to get pregnant, doesn't the fact that there's a chance you might get pregnant scare you?

#2 Storum

Storum

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

if you're that scared of getting pregnant, get a hysterectomy

#3 Sunnydumplings

Sunnydumplings

Senior Idol

• Events Team
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:02 PM

In biological terms there is one week every moth you have a chance of pregnancy. that's exactly 2 weeks after/ before your period.

Idk how old you are but you might not want to get a hysterectomy before you turn 30 at least 

#4 m_allegretti

m_allegretti

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

You can can pregnant at any time, even during your period.

Yeah condoms only work so well. The first person I had sex with the condom slipped off his dick and I was mortified. Thankfully did not end up pregnant but was a hard lesson on safe sex.

#5 Storum

Storum

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:03 PM

You can can pregnant at any time, even during your period.

Yeah condoms only work so well. The first person I had sex with the condom slipped off his dick and I was mortified. Thankfully did not end up pregnant but was a hard lesson on safe sex.

by 'slipped off' you mean he took it off because he wanted to have sex with you and not a latex binbag

#6 m_allegretti

m_allegretti

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:13 PM

by 'slipped off' you mean he took it off because he wanted to have sex with you and not a latex binbag

nope. condoms slip off if they aren't put on correctly, why girls should check to make sure guys know what they are doing.

#7 PromiscuousBunny

PromiscuousBunny

♚♠ ALXPB ♠♚

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,887 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:54 PM

In one of my classes, it was mentioned that condoms are 99% effective.  That 1% is probably faulty/tampered condoms.

#8 topherkeer

topherkeer

☆ stanning the best ☆

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:58 PM

You can take birth control + condom, it's the most effective way to prevent getting pregnant without hysterectomy

#9 Soilei

Soilei

주부

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:06 AM

If u are THAT scared just calculate your dates when its impossible get pregnant and have sex during those days with condom.
Getting pregnant when u use condom the chance is like very very very very low. Even if it breaks for example, u can always rush next morning for a morning pill after.

Sent from my HTC Desire 526G dual sim using OneHallyu mobile app

#10 Her

Her

☽ ʙᴀʙᴇ ☾

• PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:06 AM

Just take birth control.

#11 Jarhon

Jarhon

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:45 AM

IF used properly 0% 

BUT

Studies say statistically condom is about 97-98% reliable. Which is highest from all birth controls

#12 Jarhon

Jarhon

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:48 AM (Edited by Jarhon, 13 April 2017 - 02:50 AM.)

If u are THAT scared just calculate your dates when its impossible get pregnant and have sex during those days with condom.
Getting pregnant when u use condom the chance is like very very very very low. Even if it breaks for example, u can always rush next morning for a morning pill after.

Sent from my HTC Desire 526G dual sim using OneHallyu mobile app

And this is why people get pregnant.

There's no such thing as I-cant-get-pregnant-these-days. It's complete nonsense. You can only INCREASE or DECREASE your chances of getting pregnant by having sex on optimal times or non optimal times, but you can NOT be in any pregnancy free zone ever (nor can  you guarantee a pregnancy, it's all based on chance).

Even if the chances are slim, they're still alot more unreliable than condom. Or the fact that you'd only have sex few days a month, which is kinda impractical for vast majority of people.

#13 kdragonkwon

kdragonkwon

Idol

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:28 PM

I never want to get pregnant either and I use birth control alongside condoms. I've been through many forms of birth control over the years and I've found what suits me best is the contraceptive implant.

It's a small tube inserted under the skin of your upper arm (doesn't hurt) and it lasts 3 years before you need to replace it. It saves you from having to remember to take a pill at the same time every day and it has less horror stories than IUDs. It can be removed at any time if you change your mind and seek pregnancy.

#14 Simple Plan

Simple Plan

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:24 PM (Edited by Simple Plan, 09 July 2017 - 07:28 AM.)

k

#15 Raindraco

Raindraco

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:56 PM

You can have a condom, birth control pill, do it on a safe day, pull out before release and you will still only have a 99.9% of pregnancy.

The only way you are guaranteed not to get pregnant is to not have sex at all, thats the cold hard truth.

Personally,  Im going to wait until I can afford to have a baby, get my lady friend checked for stds and just go bareback. No worries.

I don't recommend that though

#16 cool_scooter

cool_scooter

Trainee

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:32 PM

I looked up the numbers on UpToDate, and they're actually kind of scary.

Out of women that use condoms perfectly (always uses it, uses it right), 2% still get pregnant in the first year of use.

And for "typical use", the number is 18%!

I don't really understand. What's happening to those perfect users? Is it breaking? Slipping off?

Some people have mentioned timing. There's apparently a bunch of ways to time it, and it looks out of average users of these methods, 24% still get pregnant within a year. But perfect users get it down to 3-5%, not that much worse than condoms. It seems much harder to be a perfect user though, condoms are pretty straightforward.

There's one exception for which the article has a much lower number--"symptothermal" timing. Typical use is 24%, but for perfect use the article claims 0.4%. It's something about measuring your body temperature and other stuff to determine whether you're ovulating?

Anyway, OP seems to be right--there's always a risk even with condom use or timing. 

Pills seem to work near perfectly if you always take them though, and you can get implants if you don't trust yourself.

#17 nugu?

nugu?

Idol

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:59 AM

from wikipedia:

With proper use—and use at every act of intercourse—women whose partners use male condoms experience a 2% per-year pregnancy rate.[1] With typical use the rate of pregnancy is 18% per-year.[6]

#18 Assassino

Assassino

Senior Idol

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:58 AM

If the ****** got damage... or accidentally slide off during rapid ramming

#19 Jihyo StoleMyHeart AYAYAY

Jihyo StoleMyHeart AYAYAY

☙❤♕ Park Jihyo ♕❤❧

• PipPipPipPip