Jump to content
OneHallyu Will Be Closing End Of 2023 ×
OneHallyu

Borussia Dortmund football team bus hit by explosions


chrystal

Recommended Posts

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39571776

 

Three explosions have hit a bus carrying the Borussia Dortmund football team to their home Champions League quarter-final match against Monaco.

 

In a press conference, the head of Dortmund police said it was a targeted attack on the team.

 

Spain international Marc Bartra was taken to hospital with an injury to his hand. No other players were hurt.

 

The first indications were that this was an "attack with serious explosives", Dortmund police said.

 

The match was postponed until 18:45 local time (16:45 GMT) on Wednesday.

 

Pictures from the scene showed the bus's windows broken and tyres burst in the blasts.

 

Police said that "three explosive charges had detonated" at Hoechsten outside the city at about 19:00 local time.

 

Fans at the 80,000-capacity Signal Iduna Park were told to stay there until it was safe to leave.

 

The stadium was later evacuated safely and police thanked the fans for their co-operation.

 

Monaco fans were praised for their chants of support for Dortmund. Social media also carried offers from Dortmund residents to Monaco fans in need of a bed for the night on #bedforawayfans.

'State of shock'

Borussia Dortmund said in a statement: "Shortly after the departure of the Borussia Dortmund team bus from the hotel to the stadium there was an incident. The bus has been damaged in two places."

 

The Dortmund Twitter page confirmed that Bartra, a 26-year-old defender, was the player hurt, and wished him a speedy recovery.

 

Spain's La Marca later said Bartra had been discharged and was back at home.

 

Dortmund's CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke said: "There has been an attack with explosives on the team bus.

 

"The whole team is in a state of shock, you can't get pictures like that out of your head."

 

He added: "I hope the team will be in a position to be able to compete tomorrow on the pitch. In a crisis situation like this, Borussia pulls together."

 

One of the Dortmund players, Mathias Ginter, was involved in the Germany-France match that was targeted in the terror attacks in Paris on 13 November, 2015. Another present in Paris, Andre Schurrle, was injured for the Monaco match.

 

FC Barcelona, Bartra's former club, tweeted: "All of our support to @MarcBartra, @BVB and their fans."

 

Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy also tweeted his support, wishing Bartra a quick recovery.

 

Dortmund are currently fourth in the German Bundesliga table.

 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39571776

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I like how some are offering bed space to the "competitions" fans. So much better than the hooligans that normally makes the jeadlines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

there was already a thread abt, yet in wrong section https://onehallyu.com/topic/501876-player-injured-in-bus-blasts-before-dortmund-monaco-match/

 

most recent news from the press con rn are that it was an attack on the team only and not an terror attack, and that a letter was found in the near of the explosion aria. 

 

The hurt player have to have an OP bc an "foreign object" is in his arm. 

 

i do trans from german news. 

 

i found engl one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Back to Top