Photo
Announcement

Looking for Chinese, Japanese, and Korean Translators!

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 Press Your Taem

Press Your Taem

Trainee

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:29 AM

With the introduction of the Chinese Lyrics section in October of last year and it's success of getting a few more members involved in the Chinese Section of the forum, we've been meaning to continue this trend by adding Korean and Japanese Lyric Sections as well. To do this, we're in need of people who're able to translate, so we're looking for fluent Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin), Japanese and Korean speakers who will be willing to volunteer their time and effort to help us out. *Google Translate does not count*

The basic rundown of this project is that these sections will get a new sub-section name "Lyrics", where there will be a "Lyrics Translation Request" thread which will be pinned. Users will be allowed to request song lyrics of their choice to be translated once a week, which the volunteers will translate and post within that section throughout the week. For examples of what users have already done feel free to check out the Chinese Lyric Section.

We've also expanded into translating articles and interviews of certain artist for all sections as well as translating Netizen comments across all Asian Entertainment industries which have all been posted in our General Translations Section.

If you're interested or have questions please PM me and I'll explain further if needed.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4VqjliZYndc/W...

I'm quite good at Japanese and I'm also taking classes still after 2 years.

#102 Boba

Boba

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:41 PM

With the introduction of the Chinese Lyrics section in October of last year and it's success of getting a few more members involved in the Chinese Section of the forum, we've been meaning to continue this trend by adding Korean and Japanese Lyric Sections as well. To do this, we're in need of people who're able to translate, so we're looking for fluent Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin), Japanese and Korean speakers who will be willing to volunteer their time and effort to help us out. *Google Translate does not count*

The basic rundown of this project is that these sections will get a new sub-section name "Lyrics", where there will be a "Lyrics Translation Request" thread which will be pinned. Users will be allowed to request song lyrics of their choice to be translated once a week, which the volunteers will translate and post within that section throughout the week. For examples of what users have already done feel free to check out the Chinese Lyric Section.

We've also expanded into translating articles and interviews of certain artist for all sections as well as translating Netizen comments across all Asian Entertainment industries which have all been posted in our General Translations Section.

If you're interested or have questions please PM me and I'll explain further if needed.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4VqjliZYndc/W...

I've been speaking Chinese since I can speak.

But I don't know much in the way of slang, which might be important. 

#103 BabyKBK

BabyKBK

Idol

• PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:07 AM (Edited by BabyKBK, 03 July 2017 - 11:07 AM.)

Hey y'all are you still hiring Chinese translators?? I'm a Chinese born in China, I know fluent mandarin and shanghainese dialect and I watch Chinese shows and dramas often( both historical and contemporary)so I'm familiar with Chinese slang. Even though I live in australia now I plan to go to china for university and I attend Chinese school on weekends+ I only speak Chinese at home and with family friends so I have constant exposure.

#104 Butternugget

Butternugget

Trainee

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:42 PM

Hi there, I'm fluent in both Chinese and Korean and would be happy to help :) Grew up in Hong Kong (Lived there for 15 years) so I know Cantonese as well as Mandarin, and (unfortunately) attended Korean school for 13 years. 

My Korean slang is shaky though, so I'd probably be better off helping out in Chinese haha

I'm also fairly new to OH though I have been lurking for years now!

#105 baeks

baeks

Trainee

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted Yesterday, 11:27 AM

I can translate from korean to English, even though I struggle with poetry.. idk if I’ll be able to do well in lyric translation tho :/ is that a dealbreaker?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement

Up, Up and Away!